Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2012, 02:06 PM

123 posts, read 345,210 times

Advertisements

So, there might be a new job opportunity Oakville, Ontario or possibly Burlington, Ontario. Though it is most likely the job will be in Oakville. I'm from the States and would probably only be living in the are for a couple of years unless we decide to apply for PR.

Though I I've only been to Toronto on vacations I love nearly everything about the city. I love that it is vibrant, diverse city with something for everyone! I really enjoy the walk-able neighborhoods, local coffee houses, restaurants, bars and shopping. I also enjoy the larger shopping areas, and attending sporting events, concerts, theater and night life. The parks & water front are also places I enjoy hanging out. I also like that there seems to be pretty good public transportation.

What I don't think I would love about living right in the city... only being able to afford a condo or apartment without a private yard. Never having any quite time. Having a long drive... in tons of traffic.

What I want in any home & neighborhood:
Renting a home (single family, semi-detached, or row home): Under $1,200- $2,400 US dollars? Really not sure what is reasonable. 2-4 bedrooms, 1.5+ baths, Private Fenced Yard for our 2 dogs. Ideally 1 covered off street parking spot, with more then 1500sqft of living space, near to public transport & walking distance to shopping/restaurants, parks.
Neighborliness: Welcoming to LBGT couples & families, preferably with other LBGT families. Walk-able & bike-able area with shops, restaurants, parks, dog parks. Recreational & entertainment opportunities for families & adults in the area or nearby. Good public transportation for around town or going into Toronto (hoping to go down to 1 car.) I also good pre-schools & daycare would be a bonus.

So, how is the West side of Toronto? Any Towns/Cities between Toronto & Oakville that might be worth looking into?

Thanks for the help & incite!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 02:54 PM

377 posts, read 1,695,554 times
There is one town between Oakville and Toronto, it's called Mississauga.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:55 PM

377 posts, read 1,695,554 times
My helpful and less sarcastic answer: Look into the Port Credit area of Mississauga.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:18 PM

364 posts, read 1,192,425 times
I could be wrong but I don't think OP will find a 2-3 bedroom home with a fenced yard to rent in PC or Mississauga for 1200-2400. Maybe at the top end of that.
Port credit ontario - Trovit Homes
No mention of a yard.
My other thought is that the further out of TO you go, the less of those qualities you liked about TO you will find.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:48 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,288,448 times

Old 08-03-2012, 10:52 PM

1,669 posts, read 4,240,543 times
Some of the former towns along the Lakeshore in the Etobicoke section of the city might be worth looking into. Namely Long Branch, Mimico and New Toronto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto