U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2012, 06:33 AM

32 posts, read 59,437 times

Advertisements

hey there and yes I am an aussie and I live in melbourne, I am really trying to save up my money and bugga off out of this countrey australia for a long time.

I was hoping if anybody hear would be interested in befreinding me hear.
the reason why is I want to find a a place any city in canada where the people are freindly and will be willing to become my mate.

I have a reasonably funny aussie accent and I am a very decent guy and I was hoping to meet people online who are from canada.

if not I will travel there with a few of my australian mates and tell all the canadians about the time me and my dad were travelling in arnhem land and we hit over 40 small kangaroos,yes they were all over the road.

because the kangaroos were jumping all over the road and my dad and I hit over 40 of the little buggas.

and plus the time I picked up a big red eyes fat possum and it scratched the crap out out of me.
it would just be cool to chat to a canadian in general because I am seriously investing in buggering off out of australia for a long time.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 08:33 AM

35,316 posts, read 47,127,916 times
If you are coming to Canada to stay you may want to make sure you qualify to be a legal resident before you get your hopes up..

Welcome to Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Old 08-26-2012, 02:12 PM

4,837 posts, read 9,514,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
If you are coming to Canada to stay you may want to make sure you qualify to be a legal resident before you get your hopes up..

Welcome to Citizenship and Immigration Canada
OP could come on a working holiday visa if he just wants to come for a short time.

Old 08-26-2012, 02:40 PM

35,316 posts, read 47,127,916 times
I got the impression he wants a more permanent arrangement as his tone imparts a done with Australia attitude, however good point BB it might be in his best interest to do something more temporary to avoid going through all the immigration hassle only to discover a few years down the road he's done with Canada

Old 08-30-2012, 01:08 AM

2,795 posts, read 3,903,688 times
Unless you have EITHER a Professional University degree, or you are a Certified and experienced Trades person, you will have a hard time being accepted as a immigrant to Canada.

So what skills and education do you have, that may be IN DEMAND in Canada ?

Canada is looking for EDUCATED people.

Jim B

Toronto.

Old 08-30-2012, 08:14 AM

364 posts, read 1,104,444 times
There are certainly Aussies in Toronto. I would come for vacation with your mates first. I, personally, would not want to hear stories about killing kangaroos, though.
And when you talk about a place, please use "here" not "hear".

Old 09-01-2012, 10:03 AM

2,318 posts, read 1,778,325 times
Couldn't you just wait for the kangaroos to pass?

Old 09-01-2012, 12:39 PM

2,983 posts, read 3,721,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
Unless you have EITHER a Professional University degree, or you are a Certified and experienced Trades person, you will have a hard time being accepted as a immigrant to Canada.
This seems to indicate otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto