Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 09:04 PM

12 posts, read 54,293 times

Advertisements

Si vivimos en las afueras de la ciudad. Solo quiero un poco de exposicion para mis hijas. No quiero que sepan solo del Caribe, apesar de mi corazon siempre estara aquí! Si, mi madre es latina y mi padre es black caribbean, por lo que son familia. Yo nunca viví en Canadá antes de que este va a ser mi primera vez. Estoy deseando que llegue!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 09:06 PM

12 posts, read 54,293 times
Es mejor nos detenemos a hablar en espanol. Estoy seguro de que alguien va a empezar a quejarse! LOL

Old 04-22-2013, 09:23 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,858,722 times
^^si, continuemos en ingles.

So you're coming to live here? Toronto or elsewhere in Canada? I've never been to Santo Domingo, but if it's anything like San Juan, Toronto is gonna seem pretty tame to you. It's a great town, but a big change from you are now. Mira, si tienes preguntas de la vida aqui o lo que sea, feel free to PM me.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:37 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,403,667 times
How the hell does a Puerto Rican end up in Canada? I've only met one here. I've run into a number of Dominicanos, but Boris are a rare species up here.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:50 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,858,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
How the hell does a Puerto Rican end up in Canada? I've only met one here. I've run into a number of Dominicanos, but Boris are a rare species up here.
It's a long story. And it ain't really my story. I was just a baby when my parents moved here to follow a job opportunity - PR was going to ****, so my parents got out. Most of my family left PR eventually, but they all live in the US. So I guess I just told you my long story in two sentences. Of course, there's a lot more to it but that's really the main point of why my ass is here and not in NYC or Miami, where my other peoples live mostly. Not many stayed behind in San Juan. The city is just too messed up, and the rest of the island ain't far behind. It's every Puerto Rican's mayor tristeza. Well, one of them. Whenever my mom hears En Mi Viejo San Juan she cries.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:07 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,403,667 times
Thats cool man. The barber that used to cut my hair when I lived in Halifax, nova scotia was Puerto Rican. I have lived in Montreal and Toronto and never met any ricans there, not one. So its kinds of interesting when I hear about Puerto Ricans up here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto