Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 12:05 PM

285 posts, read 700,523 times

Advertisements

I suspect much may have to do with how you carry yourself. If you go around expecting people to reject you because of your skin colour, that is what you can expect to get in Toronto...and elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2014, 07:44 AM

2,339 posts, read 2,055,568 times
Depends on how thin well proportioned and attractive you are.

Old 02-23-2014, 10:59 AM

15,109 posts, read 15,717,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Jesus christ...
LOL - I second and third that

Old 04-30-2018, 10:15 PM

82 posts, read 103,683 times
A focus on physicality has its shortcomings. None of us live up to the gold standard, so to speak, if the focus is on the physical. There is always someone better off in at least one attribute, often in many attributes.

However... man (a generic term for man and woman) is actually spiritual in origin.

One thing that is a universal help to overcoming fear, feelings of inadequacy or limitations, loneliness, despair is prayer for growth in the grace of God. Through consistent, persistent prayer, God removes whatever is unlike Him.

A focus on God and His ways, how one can be more like God opens up possibilities, opportunities to bless others. A God focus lifts one, but one has to be humble (and willing) to follow where He leads. He always leads those that love and follow Him to a good end.

Last edited by phaneuf; 04-30-2018 at 10:33 PM..

Old 05-02-2018, 12:30 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,672,126 times
Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Jesus christ...
lol

Old 05-02-2018, 05:27 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,074,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaneuf View Post
A focus on physicality has its shortcomings. None of us live up to the gold standard, so to speak, if the focus is on the physical. There is always someone better off in at least one attribute, often in many attributes.

However... man (a generic term for man and woman) is actually spiritual in origin.

One thing that is a universal help to overcoming fear, feelings of inadequacy or limitations, loneliness, despair is prayer for growth in the grace of God. Through consistent, persistent prayer, God removes whatever is unlike Him.

A focus on God and His ways, how one can be more like God opens up possibilities, opportunities to bless others. A God focus lifts one, but one has to be humble (and willing) to follow where He leads. He always leads those that love and follow Him to a good end.
I have always been humble, but not easily humbled. In fact, I think that I, out of my coterie of friends and acquaintances probably live up ro said gold standard in looks and deportment. My table manners also are impressive. I have to thank God for all that.

Old 05-03-2018, 12:41 AM

5,457 posts, read 3,333,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple rage View Post
I'm darkskin Black woman and not mixed looking at all. I heard that in Toronto there are a lot of beautiful biracial looking black women. Will I stand a chance finding a man out here?
Yes. Yes. You are very dateable. Be as black as you want. That's beauty.
I am fairly confident that race is not a deterrent to dating in Toronto.

Old 05-05-2018, 02:12 PM

3 posts, read 1,984 times
Being a female you should be okay. Not sure how the dating options are in Canada but here in the US women esp White women would run away like a scared deer if a Brown or Asian man were to approach them. Worse for Brown men as there are some of them that have that yellow fever.

Old 05-05-2018, 02:13 PM

3 posts, read 1,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YtownGuy View Post
I suspect much may have to do with how you carry yourself. If you go around expecting people to reject you because of your skin colour, that is what you can expect to get in Toronto...and elsewhere.
Some places are very racist and hateful towards certain races, and they make no excuses of the same. I am a Brown guy that was brought up in the US yet I have never come across a single woman in the US who doesn't make racist/incendiary comments about people based on their race.

Old 05-10-2018, 04:17 AM

32 posts, read 24,802 times
It depends on where you are, really. There's a racist in every one of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto