Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 12:22 PM

127 posts, read 269,169 times

Advertisements

@Jemisoutrageous13
since the rent was 700$ i assume that it's a small property managed by a landlord full of paranoia (in opposition with property management companies)
what you have to understand is that since the price is too low is due to the fact people don't like to live i a small property with a landlord monitoring their comings and goings, there is a lot of saiko and weirdos retired landlords who spend their time checking on their tenant especially women, i know a friend who lived a nightmare .
i always been the perfect tenants , but when time comes to find a knew place i always act as a cold person , polite of course but not cool smiley.
and if they ask me something and i find it reasonable, i clearly warn them that if i spend money and come back with a clean record and they refuse me , they will have to pay or sue them . and tell them that before you do anything you always will check with the law (if it's permitted to ask such of things) and if you have a good record as you mention , they gonna think twice before refusing you.
if you are a honest person laws are here to protect your right do never hesitate to use them.
i heard some people being asked their bank statement lol it's insane .
go always with property management forget lowlife landlords , with all respect to the good ones of course .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 04:05 PM

31 posts, read 92,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzz View Post
@Jemisoutrageous13
since the rent was 700$ i assume that it's a small property managed by a landlord full of paranoia (in opposition with property management companies)
what you have to understand is that since the price is too low is due to the fact people don't like to live i a small property with a landlord monitoring their comings and goings, there is a lot of saiko and weirdos retired landlords who spend their time checking on their tenant especially women, i know a friend who lived a nightmare .
i always been the perfect tenants , but when time comes to find a knew place i always act as a cold person , polite of course but not cool smiley.
and if they ask me something and i find it reasonable, i clearly warn them that if i spend money and come back with a clean record and they refuse me , they will have to pay or sue them . and tell them that before you do anything you always will check with the law (if it's permitted to ask such of things) and if you have a good record as you mention , they gonna think twice before refusing you.
if you are a honest person laws are here to protect your right do never hesitate to use them.
i heard some people being asked their bank statement lol it's insane .
go always with property management forget lowlife landlords , with all respect to the good ones of course .

Thanks for your reply and I agree with you. I will try other places. I've got 30 days to find a place. Hopefully something clean and reasonably priced comes up.

Old 08-02-2013, 07:15 AM

1,635 posts, read 2,713,407 times
Since you work in the west and would like quick access to work, ttc access, etc, maybe try looking at the junction area, or high park. It will most likely be cheaper than than liberty village. Also these areas are kinda in between the core where all the action is and the west end where you work, yet still have a very urban look feel to them. Plus there is good public transit/subway stops in the area.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:28 PM

31 posts, read 92,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjun18 View Post
Since you work in the west and would like quick access to work, ttc access, etc, maybe try looking at the junction area, or high park. It will most likely be cheaper than than liberty village. Also these areas are kinda in between the core where all the action is and the west end where you work, yet still have a very urban look feel to them. Plus there is good public transit/subway stops in the area.
Thanks I will look into this. I'm truly tired of 905...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto