Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2018, 03:11 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,862,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
Bolded part: Well, I'm high on life. Really, though, I never feel like the odd one out -- nor have I ever been made to feel that way. There are some times that I will have an alcoholic drink, though, if I'm in the mood. I just don't *need* it to have a good time. If someone doesn't drink (or go to a bar) on *principle* that's a whole other situation... or if someone judges someone for having a fourth glass of wine at dinner... that would make socializing more difficult. I find that "live and let live" is a good motto to hang my hat on.
Ha I could actually see you not needing an alcoholic bev and still 'keeping' up lol.. I guess a lot of people would feel left out though or simply not go - I dunno pretty much everyone I know who goes to bars drinks but maybe I just hang out with a bunch of lushes lol. Also, if you take on the admirable role of Designated driver than hats off to you. Are you like always the DD Dawn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2018, 03:34 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,862,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moveagain View Post
This is just getting funnier and funnier ... on what the grounds can you “believe the majority of people who don't have trouble socializing in other comparable urban areas won't have trouble in Toronto”? Because that’s what you like to believe ? That’s a bit convenient isn’t it? Why do you think this thread or similar threads of the same topic just won’t stop coming back ? does it happen to other places? I am sure it does , but does it happen to many other places that it gets bumped up all the time? Or maybe , by your way of thinking, Toronto just happens to attract people who want to socialize but don’t have th skill or the mood or keep going to the wrong places so they all end up to come to this forum to complain? Since you like talking about solutions, maybe stepping out of denial as the first step could be or?

Oh, by the way that paragraph finally escaped your blind spot, as painful it may have been, I am impressed, despite the fact you easily determined those people as the minority and attributed their lack of success to their own fault, almost sounds as if you actually know those people in person and what they have been through and what they do with their lives - no surprise here and I wouldn’t have expected less - coming from someone who’s been accusing others of generalizing , this just sounds hilarious
I've already stated before that we don't know the credibility of people posting and if your sample is one forum than really, don't you think you would need more.... I would really hesitate using forums and online discussions to anchor one's views in life. It means they are stuck in front of a computer too much! The Canada forum has also been plagued by the aboot troll for awhile, part of it could be something along those lines. Canada itself has on this very forum been the victim of a lot of silly trolls trying to stir the pot - so yeah I factor that in and weigh that against my own experience. There certainly isn't enough data or evidence to back up any notion one way or another but I look at my experience and also logic/common sense. Look, if what some people are saying resonates with you and you agree with them, all the power to you. I personally don't believe that the majority of people who have no issues socializing in other places have difficulties in Toronto. If you talk about eastern vs western approaches to socializing however, I do think there are some differences. We could get into differences within the East and West as well but to what end.

The internet is rife with stuff like this about other peer cities:
https://www.eventbrite.com/rally/san...-is-the-worst/

or this:
https://www.quora.com/Are-there-nice...o-make-friends
Quote:
Yes, there's lots of nice people. I agree with David, that it's not easy to make friends in NYC.* For instance, I have been living in the same apartment building for nearly 7 years, and I'm not really friends with any of my neighbors.* I only really know one of them. New Yorkers tend to keep their head down and walk fast when going to work (or anywhere for that matter).* We also figure that you want something if you come say hi to us.
I mean, could go on and on..

As for the second paragraph. Causing me pain - are you serious? Why would this cause me pain at all lol - maybe if I was locked in a room all the time in front of a computer would an online discussion cause me 'pain'. I think I have in my posts addressed the matter as a whole as I see it. I tend to go by my own experiences in life living in this city, the experiences of all the people I've known in the city for 40 plus years - including newcomers and a dab of common sense and logic. I don't tend to get sucked into too easily the more abstract. Shaping my views by reading some people who have issues on a forum, who have elements of anonymity and in some cases, questionable credulity, is not high on my list. Noting what is said is fine and even stress testing it in practice is also cool - but otherwise i'll hold my ground because I think that foundation is reasonable.

What I find amusing is that the person who is in support of those who feel T.O is more difficult to socialize than other places - doesn't fully support one of the largest events in the city that encourages people to get out and socialize. You want to put 'conditions' on socialization. Kind of like if they're having fun - how dare they I want my peace and quiet!! Such a big socialization supporter you are lol.

Last edited by fusion2; 04-18-2018 at 03:53 AM..

Old 05-19-2018, 04:33 PM

47 posts, read 38,449 times
If I may chip in as a Brit I can add something you might find interesting.
Someone mentioned London women, to me london women are how Toronto women are described here. What it will be is thy see you as different, interesting, culturally, accent, your stories. Women love to travel here so I would expect a Canadian male to do better than me with women that I would.

Vice versa, when I go to Canada and the US I find it almost stupidly easy to get attention. However that’s only when I speak, there seems to be a love affair with a British accent. Mine is quite “proper” too hailing for Buckinghamshire. That gets me ‘in the door’ and i’m better than average looking, above average male height etc.

One big thing I noticed though in the US and Canada.....your women seem to be 5x more likely to talk if they get a sniff of wealth. A nice car, or knowledge of a good job and they dare I say...appear desperate. This isn’t w good thing in my opinion as I’d never know if they actually liked me, but it atleast opens a door. I drive a top of the range Audi, it’s loud it’s heavily upgraded and looks rather menacing. Here, women don’t care about that at all (it would literally have to be a Lambo to bat an eyelid) but your women seem to go almost guns blazing? However Toronto is an expensive city, the youth here can just about get a house but in Toronto it seems almost a delusion? Raising a $50k deposit for a tiny condo? So it’s culture difference that interest people and in my opinion....money sadly. You just have a lot of gold diggers??

Old 05-19-2018, 07:29 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,822 times
Default .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addzz View Post
Someone mentioned London women, to me london women are how Toronto women are described here. What it will be is thy see you as different, interesting, culturally, accent, your stories. Women love to travel here so I would expect a Canadian male to do better than me with women that I would.

Vice versa, when I go to Canada and the US I find it almost stupidly easy to get attention. However that’s only when I speak, there seems to be a love affair with a British accent. Mine is quite “proper” too hailing for Buckinghamshire. That gets me ‘in the door’ and i’m better than average looking, above average male height etc.

One big thing I noticed though in the US and Canada.....your women seem to be 5x more likely to talk if they get a sniff of wealth. A nice car, or knowledge of a good job and they dare I say...appear desperate. This isn’t w good thing in my opinion as I’d never know if they actually liked me, but it atleast opens a door. I drive a top of the range Audi, it’s loud it’s heavily upgraded and looks rather menacing. Here, women don’t care about that at all (it would literally have to be a Lambo to bat an eyelid) but your women seem to go almost guns blazing? However Toronto is an expensive city, the youth here can just about get a house but in Toronto it seems almost a delusion? Raising a $50k deposit for a tiny condo? So it’s culture difference that interest people and in my opinion....money sadly. You just have a lot of gold diggers??
I was not a gold digger buy now that I am older and realize how much nice stiff cost if I did get married again.... I would be very unlikely to be interested in some that did not have a comparable or higher income. Could it be the women you are encountering are more affluent?

I was teaaing my daughter the other day about when she gets married one day. She said .... Married? I don't want to marry anyone unless they have lots of money and nice car. My face

Then she said ha ha ha just joking. ( I dont think she was kidding).

Then I scratched my head and thought .... what a devil.... but she might be a lot smarter then me.

Love is a gamble regardless..... might as well have a Ferrari or at least a Porsche to console you if the marriage turns sour lol.

Old 05-19-2018, 11:05 PM

800 posts, read 729,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I was not a gold digger buy now that I am older and realize how much nice stiff cost if I did get married again.... I would be very unlikely to be interested in some that did not have a comparable or higher income. Could it be the women you are encountering are more affluent?

I was teaaing my daughter the other day about when she gets married one day. She said .... Married? I don't want to marry anyone unless they have lots of money and nice car. My face

Then she said ha ha ha just joking. ( I dont think she was kidding).

Then I scratched my head and thought .... what a devil.... but she might be a lot smarter then me.

Love is a gamble regardless..... might as well have a Ferrari or at least a Porsche to console you if the marriage turns sour lol.
How old are you? You know to be a gold digger youth and beauty have to be on your side. That and you need to be slutty.

With your terrible attitude good luck finding a sugar daddy. Lol. I don’t think you know how competitive that market is.

Unless you get some old fat dude. Even then. With enough money he’d get Victoria secret models. Lol

Old 05-19-2018, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addzz View Post

Status is super important here. More than looks. Once the girls here find out you destined for a million dollar contract with a pro team they get open real quick. It’s hilarious and redeeming at the same time. Not that I would know of course.

Old 05-19-2018, 11:24 PM

Default .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
How old are you? You know to be a gold digger youth and beauty have to be on your side. That and you need to be slutty.

With your terrible attitude good luck finding a sugar daddy. Lol. I don’t think you know how competitive that market is.

Unless you get some old fat dude. Even then. With enough money he’d get Victoria secret models. Lol
Lol .... do you think I am that stupid?

I know how to get what I want wheb I want it.

One thing I have learned is that if you really want something and to play your cards right you will get it.

You just need to be strategic.

Be what the person or situation calls for and you will find a way to it.

Men can be pretty easy to manipulated if you are strategic.

There are a lot of really stupid or needy people out there.

You need to pick your target wisely.

That being said .... I am not looking for another husband. I am too attached to the one I already have and don't want to be walking on egg shells having to be nice all the time lol.

Old 05-19-2018, 11:29 PM

Quote:

One thing I have learned is that if you really want something and to play your cards right you will get it.

That being said .... I am not looking for another husband. I am too attached to the one I already have and don't want to be walking on egg shells having to be nice all the time lol.
I’ll take my advice from rich men I want to be like and not some theoretical gold digger.

For the card analogy. Sometimes your cards suck and you gotta wait for the next hand. If you force a weak hand, you lose

Old 05-20-2018, 12:04 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,394,325 times
Lol Most women that think likes this is because they have been treated this way. Men have gotten what they want from them. Hence the bitterness.

Quote:

Old 05-20-2018, 12:13 AM

Default ........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
I’ll take my advice from rich men I want to be like and not some theoretical gold digger.

For the card analogy. Sometimes your cards suck and you gotta wait for the next hand. If you force a weak hand, you lose
I think a bigger question is why you would want to be like those men?

In terms of money sure..... but why would someone want a partner that likely just wanted them because of their money? That is a dangerous game. If you are paying the people around you to spend time with you that is really sad. I would never want that. I never can get why anyone would think that is a good thing and not see how pathetic that is.

There is a market for everything.

I know a lot of older ladies that have continually landed rich husbands.

Not always that amazing looking by my standards but they know how to spoil and seduce men like it's an art.

Being a gold digger is a job.

That comes with its share of problems.

Also don't assume people are all attracted to the same physical attributes because it is actually not true.

How come you only reappear when this topic comes up?

Last edited by klmrocks; 05-20-2018 at 12:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto