Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 03:42 AM

64 posts, read 203,996 times

Advertisements

A great tax saving mayor.

He will get my vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2014, 06:35 AM

2,869 posts, read 4,451,010 times
The latest poll shows that of the five major candidates ,( there are actually about 60 people who are "running for mayor " ) the incumbent, Rob Ford is in the second place with 27 percent of those polled saying they would vote for him. The leading candidate, Olivia Chow is at 34 percent. The other three are John Tory at 22 percent, and two "no hopers " at 4 and 3 percent, respectively.

Olivia Chow has had a long career, first as a school board trustee, then a Toronto city councillor, them a Federal Member of Parliament, and no she wants be the Mayor of Toronto. Notice that she has never held a job that was not paid out of taxpayers pockets ? A typical NDP idealist , she spends other people's money with no regrets, and no care about how it is wasted.

John Tory on the other hand HAS been in charge of corporations that have budgets in the billions of dollars, like Rogers . He is the most qualified candidate, in terms of financial management, and political experience, as he was a past leader of the Ontario Conservative Party.

Jim B. Toronto.

Old 06-28-2014, 06:42 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,428,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
Olivia Chow has had a long career, first as a school board trustee, then a Toronto city councillor, them a Federal Member of Parliament, and no she wants be the Mayor of Toronto. Notice that she has never held a job that was not paid out of taxpayers pockets ?
Does that make any difference? Would you vote a McDonald's flipper burger because his wages don't come from taxpayers pockets?

Old 06-28-2014, 08:27 AM

2,869 posts, read 4,451,010 times
The city of Toronto is a HUGE corporation. Olivia Chow has ZERO business management experience. None.

She has never had to worry about "meeting a payroll " or how to deal with a union. John Tory has.

Jim B. Toronto.

Old 07-10-2014, 01:28 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,051,427 times
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dail...151753163.html

Atleast he's consistaetly a bigot... I guess?

The guy has no shame. It's astonishing.

Old 07-10-2014, 07:49 AM

564 posts, read 1,040,354 times
I am a "liberal" by most standards, but I will not be voting for Olivia Chow. She failed to impress me at all during the first televised debate (debacle?), and I have no idea (record-wise) what makes her such a compelling choice. After suffering through a provincial NDP majority in Nova Scotia, I will stay far away from anything glowing orange.

Tory, by far, came across as the most "mayor-like" during that debate, and while I assume he is just looking for a place in the world like any other politician from the upper class, and he is probably just as phony and full of it as the rest, he at least conveys the ability to lead and be professional and competent. At the end of the day, that is a far cry from the absolute disgrace we have in office now.

Soknacki, while logical and seemingly bright, just does not have the personality component. He is probably a great guy, and a competent businessman, but his Mr. Spock-ish borderline-Aspie persona makes him hard to warm up to. I just can't picture him being a vibrant, public guy; he seems more like the type who prefers to retire to his study and read actuarial tables.

Stintz lost my interest the minute she strolled in to register as a candidate with a big, plastic grin on her face and her kids in tow. Seemed too deliberate and staged for my liking.

Ford is...Ford. He and his brother, along with that other dipshiat clown Mammolitti, bring nothing but disgrace and a foul TMZ-like stench to City Hall. This city deserves better than those thugs and idiots.

Old 07-30-2014, 02:55 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,051,427 times

Old 07-30-2014, 04:55 AM

2,339 posts, read 2,931,302 times
Is this guy really Canadian and not secretly an American? His bmi, narcotics abuse and overall behavior make him really look American. Are you sure the Americans haven't infiltrated your politics?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto