Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2013, 11:14 AM

13 posts, read 18,958 times

Advertisements

Hello all! As the title states i'm currently interested in working abroad for a year. I am currently 21 years of age and a fully qualified Air conditioning engineer. I have been in the trade for three years give or take. I would love the opportunity to work in Canada as work experience and get another insight into the trade. If it proves harder than originally thought on obtaining a job i would also work for free if that helps.
Could someone tell me where to start? Do i just email diffrent companies stating who i am etc and what i would like? Any help would be gratefully appreciated big or small.

Thank you for your time!
- Austin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 07:13 PM

4 posts, read 19,174 times
I think it would be easier if you moved here first. I don't know if your job is in demand. Maybe do a quick search on Monster.com and see if there are any opportunities. Good luck!

Old 12-10-2013, 12:52 PM

1,264 posts, read 3,861,139 times
Since OP is from the UK, he does not require a TRV to enter Canada.

Canada accepted an average of 250k immigrants yearly. However, the number of temporary residents admitted had increased to just over a million (1,091,876) in 2012. So it may be possible to get work first rather than apply for a permanent resident status.

Hope this link is useful to you.
Information about employment newcomers to Ontario can trust
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto