U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 09:00 AM

1,037 posts, read 978,743 times

Advertisements

LOL. Toronto summers are far from "super hot and humid" - average August high is 78 degrees.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2015, 01:30 PM

907 posts, read 921,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillinthesouth View Post
LOL. Toronto summers are far from "super hot and humid" - average August high is 78 degrees.
You need an air conditioner in Toronto. It gets super muggy and sticky. If Toronto isn't hot and humid, I don't know what is.

Perhaps if you're comparing it to Florida and the Caribbean, then you can consider it not hot. But when I was there it was pretty hot!

Old 05-09-2015, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM10 View Post
You need an air conditioner in Toronto. It gets super muggy and sticky. If Toronto isn't hot and humid, I don't know what is.

Perhaps if you're comparing it to Florida and the Caribbean, then you can consider it not hot. But when I was there it was pretty hot!
I grew up in Buffalo, just south of Toronto, and I consider the summer in that region to be pretty idyllic, although I agree an air conditioner comes in handy at times. The great thing about summers there is that there's some variety to the weather and you benefit from cool fronts.

Here in Atlanta it's 88 to 95 every friggin' day for three straight months. It's just relentless. That's why I laugh a bit when people complain about Toronto summers, sort of like I laugh when people complain about the winters down here.

Old 05-10-2015, 11:58 AM

12,893 posts, read 12,375,223 times
Ok I have to admit - its May 10th and all i can say right now about the weather outside...

ITS HOT!!!!!

Old 05-10-2015, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Ok I have to admit - its May 10th and all i can say right now about the weather outside...

ITS HOT!!!!!
Fusion, the forecast high in T.O. is 73 degrees today and 59 tomorrow (fahrenheit of course)... I guess it's it's all relative. It's already about 85 where I am.

I'll trade you summers any day!

Old 05-10-2015, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Fusion, the forecast high in T.O. is 73 degrees today and 59 tomorrow (fahrenheit of course)... I guess it's it's all relative. It's already about 85 where I am.

I'll trade you summers any day!
Let me rephrase - its MUGGY and the humidity is up lol.. The air is thick and goopy.. Trust me dude - i've been to Thailand and while its not Thai wet season hot muggy there is that feeling in the air. I can see myself having two or three showers today!!

Toronto, Ontario - 7 Day Weather Forecast - The Weather Network

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/wea...eorgia/atlanta

even though it may only be 22 today - it feels like 28 - only 1 deg celsius less than Atlanta but trust me its just damned muggy and yucky out.

Old 05-10-2015, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Let me rephrase - its MUGGY and the humidity is up lol.. The air is thick and goopy.. Trust me dude - i've been to Thailand and while its not Thai wet season hot muggy there is that feeling in the air. I can see myself having two or three showers today!!

Toronto, Ontario - 7 Day Weather Forecast - The Weather Network

Atlanta, Georgia - 7 Day Weather Forecast - The Weather Network

even though it may only be 22 today - it feels like 28 - only 1 deg celsius less than Atlanta but trust me its just damned muggy and yucky out.
Don't forget, you're comparing these temps to the deep freeze you just emerged from

Old 05-10-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Don't forget, you're comparing these temps to the deep freeze you just emerged from
Well that's is true lol.. I mean like just three/four weeks ago we had a bit of freezing rain lol... With that said man, its still goopy and muggy - i didn't sleep well last night tossed and turned and its the weather but yeah there's an adjustment.. Hey I'm NOT complaining one bit

Old 05-10-2015, 10:17 PM

2,708 posts, read 4,061,676 times
Also worth pointing out the temperatures can vary a lot depending on distance from the lake. Yesterday I drove up to Acton and the car showed 31C a bit north of Milton (although humidity was relatively low so not really unpleasant). It was literally 10C cooler by Lake Ontario.

Friday I went for a long bike ride in the afternoon/evening and it was a little on the hot side at times but overall quite pleasant. And it was actually rather chilly by the lake around 10pm.

Today I went for a long walk mid-day, it very humid by the lake with heavy fog rolling off the lake, so combine the 100% humidity with the strong mid-day sun. It was still nice, but just breathing in the warm very humid air, it felt rather jungle-like even though it was only about 24C.

Old 05-22-2015, 08:07 PM

800 posts, read 583,669 times
No, not at all.

I was in Las Vegas in the summer time. 50 degrees Celsius. Toronto doesn't even compare.

People here are very dumb sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto