Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 08:05 PM

909 posts, read 1,152,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
No, not at all.

I was in Las Vegas in the summer time. 50 degrees Celsius. Toronto doesn't even compare.

People here are very dumb sometimes.
There is a difference between dry heat and humid heat. Las Vegas has dry heat and when it gets over +30 with super high humidity in Toronto it feels hotter than a dry 40 degrees in Las Vegas. And it isn't dumb to say Toronto is hot. Especially when you haven't been to the South. Maybe to you it's not hot but to others who live in Canada and haven't been to southern U.S. Toronto feels really hot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 08:31 PM

800 posts, read 729,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM10 View Post
There is a difference between dry heat and humid heat. Las Vegas has dry heat and when it gets over +30 with super high humidity in Toronto it feels hotter than a dry 40 degrees in Las Vegas. And it isn't dumb to say Toronto is hot. Especially when you haven't been to the South. Maybe to you it's not hot but to others who live in Canada and haven't been to southern U.S. Toronto feels really hot.

No. Its not hot. it doesn't break 100 F with humidity- which is nicer than dry heat if you ask me. if it does its for a few hours. las vegas gets to 100- 120F (42-50 C) all day, all night for weeks. NYC gets hotter then Toronto.

We live in a cold city. don't complain when the weather is nice. 30 degrees is like high 70 F which is avg weather for SoCal.

If you compare it to Calgary then yes it is. But I don't go to Calgary friend.

Toronto ppl just love to complain. nice weather "o its too hot". when its (-10 to -30) for 6 MONTHS. Jesus.

Old 05-23-2015, 07:54 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,862,695 times
Quote:
No. Its not hot. it doesn't break 100 F with humidity- which is nicer than dry heat if you ask me. if it does its for a few hours. las vegas gets to 100- 120F (42-50 C) all day, all night for weeks. NYC gets hotter then Toronto.

We live in a cold city. don't complain when the weather is nice. 30 degrees is like high 70 F which is avg weather for SoCal.

If you compare it to Calgary then yes it is. But I don't go to Calgary friend.

Toronto ppl just love to complain. nice weather "o its too hot". when its (-10 to -30) for 6 MONTHS. Jesus.

Old 05-23-2015, 08:07 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,419,497 times
30C is 86F. lol

Look, at least where I am, you can drink the air in the summer. I do find it odd though, the multiple heat warnings southern Ontario gets. You know, that only gets issued when temperatures w/ humidex, hit 40C, right Karaamatic?

(psst.....40C, is 104F )

Humidity is better than a dry heat? lol!!! Yeah! I LOVE not being able to dry off after a shower. That's awesome.

Old 05-23-2015, 08:36 AM

you guys whine too much.

Toronto barely gets hot.

its almost then end of may. we had like what. 1 afternoon that hit 30C with humidex?

Yeah really hot.

Just accept the fact its a cold city. we don't have any heat waves. but a lot of deep freezes. it is Canada. lol.

when it indeed get hot, enjoy it. its not too hot. if anything this city is too cold. in more ways than just weather.

Last edited by Karassmatic; 05-23-2015 at 08:52 AM..

Old 05-23-2015, 09:17 AM

Quote:
you guys whine too much.

Toronto barely gets hot.

its almost then end of may. we had like what. 1 afternoon that hit 30C with humidex?

Yeah really hot.

Just accept the fact its a cold city. we don't have any heat waves. but a lot of deep freezes. it is Canada. lol.

when it indeed get hot, enjoy it. its not too hot. if anything this city is too cold. in more ways than just weather.
You're the one whining and splitting at hairs... btw we're not in summer yet its still spring..

This is the forecast for the next 7 days.. No lower than 24 deg c... awesome weather and no 24 deg c is certainly not cold.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/wea...ntario/toronto

actually - T.O has better weather this week than B.A so no - its not always a 'cold' city.

https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl#q=...length-1%5D%7D

Old 05-23-2015, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
You're the one whining and splitting at hairs... btw we're not in summer yet its still spring..

This is the forecast for the next 7 days.. No lower than 24 deg c... awesome weather and no 24 deg c is certainly not cold.

Toronto, Ontario - 7 Day Weather Forecast - The Weather Network

actually - T.O has better weather this week than B.A so no - its not always a 'cold' city.

https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl#q=...length-1%5D%7D
The problem is with me. I've seen the heat and bright lights of the usa and all it has to offer. If I hadn't I wouldn't continually compare it to Canada. It is my opinion I am entitled to it. It is a great city just seems to lack identity. Or doesn't accept what it actually is. ie a cold city. Chicago is a cold city too. We get similar weather to them

Old 05-23-2015, 12:25 PM

1,803 posts, read 2,224,536 times
Quote:
The problem is with me. I've seen the heat and bright lights of the usa and all it has to offer. If I hadn't I wouldn't continually compare it to Canada. It is my opinion I am entitled to it. It is a great city just seems to lack identity. Or doesn't accept what it actually is. ie a cold city. Chicago is a cold city too. We get similar weather to them

Old 05-24-2015, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North 42 View Post
lol.... what else can you do just

Old 05-25-2015, 09:26 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,716,100 times
Just spent two weeks in Shanghai, where the high was about 24-28C, with occasional 30+, in mid May. I found it rather comfortable.

I told my parents and friends, this is typical of Toronto July/August weather. I heard last Friday part of the GTA had frost warning.

Think a few days 32C with 40 humidex is hot? Try 40 days of 35-40C without the humidex a year, LOL. Torontonians complaining about "heatwaves" reminds me of Taiwanese friends whining about the weather being so cold in January in Los Angeles that they needed to put on a sweater at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto