Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2007, 10:43 AM

2 posts, read 9,719 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
I am thinking of migrating to Toronto near Markham area. Just got scared of the news regarding high taxes in Canada.

Just wondering, for a family of 3 with annual income of ~120k Cdn,
a) will there be any problem to start a new life in Canada? (assuming going to own an apt of ~300k and a car)
b) what is the average monthly saving that folks in Toronto save?
c) usually will folks be downgrade their lifestyle due to inflation etc?

It will be helpful you can give me a guidance.
thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2007, 06:50 AM
mib

2 posts, read 54,726 times
I assume you have done your homework about Marlham?
Its a nice area just north/north east of Toronto,expanded a lot,still growing,lots of
chinese,asian population,lots of traffic.
I'm assuming you have a job are transfering,or you are self employed.
With your income you could live anywhere!
Definately we in Canada pay more taxes than in US and maybe many other countries.
Savings = net income - expenses
Inflation has been probably comparable to US lately.
Generally I would say costs are higher in Canada than in US, especially housing,cars,gas,clothes even food.
Benefits of course are universal health care, safer environment?
All in all with your net income at end of day, you are above the norm, I can't see that you would be struggling if you moved to Markham.
If I were you, I would consider all the lifestyle issues that are important for you and you family, do homework on Markham,or come to visit, and decide.
good luck

Old 12-10-2007, 09:41 PM

2 posts, read 9,719 times
Default Thanks mib

Thanks mib for your advice.

Old 12-13-2007, 12:14 PM

207 posts, read 748,653 times
Markham have higher property tax than Richmond Hill or Vaughan.
with your income you shouldn't have any problem.
Bring you car(s) when you come, they are much more expensive here.

Old 12-13-2007, 12:30 PM

48 posts, read 208,509 times
~120k Cdn

Why are you worried?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto