Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2014, 10:34 AM

29 posts, read 37,317 times

Advertisements

Hello,
How far outside the city would one need to go to escape the pollution and possibly get a bit of natural beauty? Air quality is the biggest concern. Are there any options that are commutable to downtown? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 11:53 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,732,757 times
Toronto is by no means a polluted city. Where is the pollution you see? Right now Toronto is air quality (downtown) is rated "very good", the best category. What more do you expect? Air quality a big concern, how? There is no pollution to get away from.

Toronto Downtown: Current Air Quality Index

A bit of natural beauty? You don't even need to go north of Eglinton avenue to appreciate that. Large parkland/ravine for you to explore. Not to mention the entire Toronto islands are pure nature. Rouge park is also massive.

I don't get this "I need to get out the city to be close to nature" need.

Old 11-06-2014, 12:17 PM

26,883 posts, read 38,053,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Toronto is by no means a polluted city. Where is the pollution you see? Right now Toronto is air quality (downtown) is rated "very good", the best category. What more do you expect? Air quality a big concern, how? There is no pollution to get away from.

Toronto Downtown: Current Air Quality Index

A bit of natural beauty? You don't even need to go north of Eglinton avenue to appreciate that. Large parkland/ravine for you to explore. Not to mention the entire Toronto islands are pure nature. Rouge park is also massive.

I don't get this "I need to get out the city to be close to nature" need.

Scarborough Bluffs too. Hard to believe you are in the city there.

Old 11-06-2014, 05:20 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,890,228 times
Actually Toronto is pretty good as far as large cities is concerned for having large swaths of green areas to explore and 'get away' from it.. The tranquility of the Islands are quite a good feature for a city the size of T.O. Having said all that, Toronto isn't exactly a city you 'need' to get away from in terms of being a dense and bursting at the seems global metropolis. Most International cities of its size or larger (and many even smaller) are more dense and crazy actually and quite a bit less green.. When I get back from Bangkok, Istanbul, Cairo, London, NYC and even smaller cities like Marrakech, Havana, Tunis, Barcelona etc its actually quite nice to be back in the more measured streets of T.O. My friend from London called T.O the 'city in the forest' because he was shocked looking out of my balcony into the city and all the high-rises intermixed with trees as far as the eyes could see.

As for pollution - this ain't Beijing honey lol...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto