Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2008, 12:18 PM

570 posts, read 1,820,383 times

Advertisements

I'm planning on visiting Toronto sometime in April and was wondering how the weather is around that time of year. Is it still cold and would it be better to wait until the summer?

Also, will I need a passport to come into Canada or will a driver's license with birth certificate suffice? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 12:54 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,806,022 times
Weather in April is somewhat unpredictable.

It feels like we have a 90% chance of staying above freezing in early April, at least in the afternoon. If it snows (that's rare) after the first week of April, expect the ground to be warm enough that the flakes melt on contact. Occaisionally we've had deep slush in April. If you want spring weather and have to plan a trip in advance, I highly recommend you come no sooner than April 15th.

A colder than normal late April is still typically above 45 F just about every day with the absolute coldest mornings a light frost might be possible. Basically expect days from low 40's to high 50's.

Normal late April is between the high 40's to mid 60's F, a mix of sunny days and cloudy days, sprinkled with at least one sunny summer-like afternoon anywhere between 70-85 F. (but no mugginess)

A warmer than normal late April IS summer, with afternoons from mid 60's to mid 80's and a slight chance of the odd day hitting 90 F. Still too early for muggy weather though, so expect only low to moderate humidity levels.

*Obviously our April's can be somewhere in between one of those categories but I gave some examples that are hopefully helpful.

Old 01-04-2008, 02:37 PM

Ok, I'll plan my trip for the end of April. Hopefully I'll get lucky and the weather will be between 60-80. Thanks for the response!

Old 01-04-2008, 03:24 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,289,364 times
If you're flying in, you may get in without a passport, but DHS won't let you back into the States without one. Vehicles are still allowed to only have DL.

Old 01-04-2008, 11:09 PM

I'll be driving in, I'm only about 4 hours or so away which isn't too bad. I was confused since I heard so many different stories about the passport issue, but I'm glad that is one thing I don't have to worry about at the moment.

Old 01-04-2008, 11:16 PM

1,048 posts, read 6,444,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Vehicles are still allowed to only have DL.
... as long as you also have your birth certificate.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:28 PM

217 posts, read 346,427 times
april is a very unpredictable month, it can bring snow with freezing temperatures or summer like heat. If i were you i would wait until the middle of may. at this time the weather really starts to get warm.

Old 01-09-2008, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galloway View Post
april is a very unpredictable month, it can bring snow with freezing temperatures or summer like heat. If i were you i would wait until the middle of may. at this time the weather really starts to get warm.

Ok thanks , I will definately keep that in mind.

Old 01-13-2008, 02:22 PM

1 posts, read 6,767 times
Question weather in toronto

I have lived in Toronto for 26 years, and from May to October I feel fine because there is plenty of sunshine, but now have made the big move to Florida for the winter, leaving myhusband there working, although all my children are indepedent now and on their own. My husband is great about it, I just feel so gloomy with the sunshine. I s anyone else is my position, and do you have any encouraging works about the cloudiness in Toronto for the winter and how you deal with it?

Old 01-13-2008, 07:25 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,748,244 times
You felt gloomy in Toronto in winter because of lack of sun, and now you feel gloomy in Florida with sun?

Hard to see where your "gloominess" is related to Toronto's winter.

For health related issues, please try posting in the Health and Wellness forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto