Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 04:05 AM

2 posts, read 5,721 times

Advertisements

Hello.

Does Toronto have jobs for Business, and Marketing career field , for international people? I am new migrant in Canada and i am confuse which city is best for Looking for good job Opp in canada? Toronto, or calgary or other cities of Ontario?

Kindly advise me

Thank you so much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 11:13 AM

542 posts, read 1,682,510 times
It is EXTREMELY competitive job market. Those who are local residents receive priority

Old 06-06-2014, 11:49 AM

7 posts, read 14,179 times
It is very, very hard to find a job in Toronto that will support a decent standard of living. There are minimum wage jobs available, but the cost of living will eat up about twice what you make.

Locals will not help you. They protect their own.

You'll need to really prove yourself, first on paper, then in interviews.

Old 06-07-2014, 11:09 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,050,775 times
I think we still have some jobs that we haven't shipped away. Min Wage jobs for sure, though.

Old 07-25-2014, 05:54 PM

3 posts, read 5,628 times
Jobs in Toronto are difficult to get if you don't have skills. If you have education the going is easy. Currently 50,000 jobs are available in Toronto online at [url=http://www.Jobs.to]Jobs in Toronto (www.Jobs.To) – Jobs in Toronto Ontario Canada[/url] All you have to do is get your resume out there!

Old 07-25-2014, 06:12 PM

98 posts, read 199,450 times
There are no jobs in Toronto for non-citizens. It's almost impossible in 2014 to live and work there without a work visa, Social Insurance Number and papers that show your legal status. If you pursue that, you'll be spending years plus many, many thousands of dollars for application fees, lawyers, etc and that guarantees nothing. Unless you're a billionaire, a celebrity or have years and years of post-doctorate education in a 'in-demand' field', they'll tell you not to waste your time. As it is, they don't want any more foreigners (ESPECIALLY if you're an American - they downright hate Americans) stealing their jobs. They look out for their own and will be very direct about that with you.

Unless, of course, you're from any third world country, speak neither official language, have no money, education or work skills - they'll let anyone in from those countries...

Old 07-26-2014, 04:52 PM

18 posts, read 24,005 times
As others have mentioned things are a bit competitive in Toronto right now especially in general business or finance. Feels as though everyone has an MBA and ample work experience.

Old 07-26-2014, 04:57 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,862,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regionalitch View Post
As others have mentioned things are a bit competitive in Toronto right now especially in general business or finance. Feels as though everyone has an MBA and ample work experience.
Well these jobs might not be glamorous but they pay very well and apparently there are and will be huge shortages.. Perhaps people should focus their attention on the education and skill employers want!

http://www.workforceinnovation.ca/ch...ortages-trades

Old 07-30-2014, 08:11 AM

400 posts, read 575,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhadijahKhan View Post
Hello.

Does Toronto have jobs for Business, and Marketing career field , for international people? I am new migrant in Canada and i am confuse which city is best for Looking for good job Opp in canada? Toronto, or calgary or other cities of Ontario?

Kindly advise me

Thank you so much
Toronto is the financial capitol of Canada, so there are jobs in that field but they are competative. You will have to really sell yourself and show what you can do to benefit a company.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:52 AM

400 posts, read 575,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntlFalls56649 View Post
There are no jobs in Toronto for non-citizens. It's almost impossible in 2014 to live and work there without a work visa, Social Insurance Number and papers that show your legal status. If you pursue that, you'll be spending years plus many, many thousands of dollars for application fees, lawyers, etc and that guarantees nothing. Unless you're a billionaire, a celebrity or have years and years of post-doctorate education in a 'in-demand' field', they'll tell you not to waste your time. As it is, they don't want any more foreigners (ESPECIALLY if you're an American - they downright hate Americans) stealing their jobs. They look out for their own and will be very direct about that with you.

Unless, of course, you're from any third world country, speak neither official language, have no money, education or work skills - they'll let anyone in from those countries...
Really, you are on this rant again. My husband and I are friends with many in Canada, especially Toronto because of our close proximity and we are witnesses to their diverse workforces, which include many American's. My Husband used to own property in Fort Erie when he owned race horses in the 60's through 80's so he has many years of extended friendships and business dealings within that country. I have spent well over 20 years visiting Canada and even lived in Montreal for a few years and I can tell you, they do not hate Americans.

Your issue is clearly a personal problem in relation to something you are lacking that makes you not a fit for Canada. What is your job field? Have you actually applied for a job in Canada and if so what field was it in? What level of education did you complete? Immigration has a purpose and Canada uses theirs wisely. They seek out those who can help their country grow and can fill in gaps in employment that can't be filled by locals. Just because someone has a degree and had top grades does not always mean they are best for the job duties. Personality is key to many jobs and if the interviewer does not get a good vibe, they don't get hired, no matter how good they look on paper.

As for your comment on the Third World countries, now that REEKS of arrogant American. Time to catch up with the world, we now call "those countries", developing countries or nations! Developing nations are no longer looked down on, these nations are now looked at potential financial partners who can be a future asset to your home nation through trade deals. Every country has something to sell and need things for their citizens, so why not do business and forget about skin tone, language and religion hangups of the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto