Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 11:11 AM

27 posts, read 25,632 times

Advertisements

Hi Fusion,

That will be one of the options we will be discussing when speaking to a Canadian Immigration attorney. I read the article Moveagain posted and it helped quite a bit. Our marriage and relationship is valid. We have documents and our relationship history to validate it.
Thanks for the link to Ferreira-Wells. I will be contacting them soon to make an appointment.

Hope you are staying warm on this chilly Sunday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2015, 04:13 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,877,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweidler View Post
Hi Fusion,

That will be one of the options we will be discussing when speaking to a Canadian Immigration attorney. I read the article Moveagain posted and it helped quite a bit. Our marriage and relationship is valid. We have documents and our relationship history to validate it.
Thanks for the link to Ferreira-Wells. I will be contacting them soon to make an appointment.

Hope you are staying warm on this chilly Sunday!
Oh I never doubted the validity of the relationship... Especially the fact that even in spite of his status you are there supporting him - that alone speaks droves.. Also length of time you've been together.. That link is just one by the way, you can google search tons - just make sure there are accredited!

Oh wow - today was FREEZING... Even my poor car was protesting going out in it.. All this talk of global warming, I feel like we're entering an ICE AGE lol.. 5 more days until Portugal and Morocco - I'm counting the minutes..

Old 02-16-2015, 01:30 PM

Yes, he told me the day after our first date that he was HIV +, yet healthy and undetected. But he is so much more as a human being than a physical condition. And knowing the stigma of rejection so many people with HIV face, I couldn't let the opportunity of getting to know him better pass.

And more than five years later, we are a family and happily married. We are so excited to work toward creating a comfortable life for us in a city like Toronto! I know we have our work cut out for us and it will take a while, but the end-result will be worth all the effort.

Yes, we were right with you dealing with the bone-chilling cold here in Chicago. Brrr... But it is February, and winter, and we deal with it. LOL
Have great fun in Portugal and Morocco. They both sound like fabulous vacation destinations!

Old 02-16-2015, 07:04 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,877,316 times
Quote:
Yes, he told me the day after our first date that he was HIV +, yet healthy and undetected. But he is so much more as a human being than a physical condition. And knowing the stigma of rejection so many people with HIV face, I couldn't let the opportunity of getting to know him better pass.

And more than five years later, we are a family and happily married. We are so excited to work toward creating a comfortable life for us in a city like Toronto! I know we have our work cut out for us and it will take a while, but the end-result will be worth all the effort.

Yes, we were right with you dealing with the bone-chilling cold here in Chicago. Brrr... But it is February, and winter, and we deal with it. LOL
Have great fun in Portugal and Morocco. They both sound like fabulous vacation destinations!
Well you sound like a wonderful and open-minded person! The world needs more people like you Mr Zweidler.. I wish you and your partner the best and keep in touch!

Old 03-06-2015, 10:02 AM

Hi all, a quick question for you? Has any of you used Toronto Employment and Social Services to assist with getting a job? I have identified numerous companies that might have openings based on my background in the financial industry. But I wonder working with TESS might give me a slight edge with a potential employer. Please let me know what you think.

Fusion2, how was your vacation? Hope you had lots of fun!

Thanks!

Old 03-06-2015, 10:17 AM

287 posts, read 306,579 times
Quote:
Hi all, a quick question for you? Has any of you used Toronto Employment and Social Services to assist with getting a job? I have identified numerous companies that might have openings based on my background in the financial industry. But I wonder working with TESS might give me a slight edge with a potential employer. Please let me know what you think.

Fusion2, how was your vacation? Hope you had lots of fun!

Thanks!
I think connecting with the recruiters ( either from the companies you are interested in or the 3rd party recruiters) would be more effective than TESS.

Old 03-06-2015, 10:48 AM

Thanks. I plan on doing it as well: reaching out to recruiters, researching job boards etc. I thought partnering with services provided by City of Toronto that can help with connecting job seeker to prospective employer might be advantageous.

Old 03-06-2015, 10:56 AM

287 posts, read 306,579 times
Quote:
Thanks. I plan on doing it as well: reaching out to recruiters, researching job boards etc. I thought partnering with services provided by City of Toronto that can help with connecting job seeker to prospective employer might be advantageous.
My impression ( I could be wrong) from people I talked to about this place is, it's more for 'survival jobs'... if you have a specialty, it would work out much better with recruiters rather than TESS - government agency is the least useful thing on many levels, just read what people said here about why Toronto's public transportation is the way it is today....

Old 03-08-2015, 11:09 AM

832 posts, read 1,255,269 times
There were that french family who wanted to relocate to Quebec, they got denied because one of their child was sick, chronic sickness... When you apply for canadian residency, they ask you about your illness... They clearely state that chronick illness will disqualify you and HIV is one of the worst... but still try your luck we never now

Old 03-08-2015, 11:25 AM

723 posts, read 806,129 times
People in Toronto are too anti-social, no smile, always kind of mad.
It is stressing out there.
I prefer
-Kitchener ONTARIO
-Saskatchewan
-Downtown Montreal,QC during Jazz Festival in summer
-Calgary Alberta
- Vancouver BC
-Manitoba
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto