Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2015, 08:12 AM

3 posts, read 2,295 times

Advertisements

Hi all
I am going to start working in Toronto financial district in this summer and want to buy a 2 bedrooms condo for own used instead of renting. I don't know which building is good (in terms of building material such as sound proofing, people profile) and with reasonable price.

I some research from the Internet and below are those 3 I quite like

- 18 Yonge
- Maple leaf square
- 1 Scott

Any comments about these 3? I prefer walk to work and don't want to take any transportations
Or any other suggestions? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2015, 09:51 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,722,274 times
1 Scott.

Reason is simple: it is north of the railway, which makes it more integrated with downtown

Old 03-14-2015, 10:22 AM

Thanks for you feedback Botticelli . This info is very help!

Old 03-14-2015, 10:24 AM

Thanks Botticelli, your comment is very helpful.
Thanks!

Old 03-15-2015, 07:55 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,722,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dot1234 View Post
Thanks for you feedback Botticelli . This info is very help!
you are welcome.

It may be just a personal preference, but I will never buy anything or live anywhere south of the railway tracks or the Gardiner expressway. No matter what kind of "growth" this awkward area will see, it will always be somewhat separated from the rest of the downtown.

I don't put so much faith in the so-called "southcore". In my prediction, it will end up being a typical American kind of business district, with nothing but office buildings and no much street life - more so than our traditional financial district bordered by Front, Queen, Victoria and Simcoe.

Old 03-17-2015, 12:21 PM

1 posts, read 685 times
Hi Dot1234,

Out of the three buildings, I would definitely suggest 1 Scott. I agree with the previous comment of "south of the railway". I advise my clients not to buy in that area (south of the railway tracks or the Gardiner expressway). Not that there is anything wrong with the buildings (although I have some reservations when it comes to some of them), but the area does feel separated from downtown, and tends to get rather isolated in the cold winter months.

If you need more information on certain buildings or any real estate related advise, feel free to PM me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto