Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2015, 06:06 PM

2 posts, read 5,432 times

Advertisements

So I have heard a lot of bad things about Jane & finch. I just got a part time job at woolner ave near jane. Some say it's okay some say no. Can somebody help me out? I am a high school student, 17, female. And I live in yonge & finch.

Ah sorry I thought this thread wasn't submitted so I posted a new one... Could somebody pls delete this?

Last edited by riverw; 03-23-2015 at 07:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 06:55 PM

1 posts, read 2,137 times
Jane and St Clair is a long way from Jane and Finch, and is relatively safe. If you are working normal type daytime hours no problem at all. If you are taking public transport, dundas street runs east west about a block away and there are buses that run north and south on jane to the subway

Old 04-10-2015, 02:33 PM

14 posts, read 16,877 times
You should be fine in that area. Use common sense and be aware of your surroundings. Don't walk with headphones or texting.

Old 04-10-2015, 03:43 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,051,427 times
I saw a Samsquanch near there once. I'd stay clear.

Old 04-22-2015, 03:34 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,723,845 times
Holly cow on the Jane and Finch phobia. I grew up near the area and have spent a lot of time near young and finch. With the exception of a few specfic side streets in the area that I always avoided because you would have guys chasing down the street to talk with you I never had any problems. Jane and Woolner is not that much different in my opinion. It is a little more uncomfortable as it often is for a girls by herself at night. Just stay on the main road, take off your head phones (or just have the volume off so you can hear, but can pretend not to hear people you do not want to talk to). Bad things can happen anywhere. You may just be in the wrong place at the wrong time. The craziest times I had as a teenager where riding the Jane bus from steeles all the way to Jane station. All I got to say if you are looking for a date sit at back of the bus. If you do not want to be distrubed sit at the front half of the bus and wear your headphones while on the bus. Good times lol! It is usually all in good fun. I have to say I think I spent a little too much time riding that bus. You know that this a long bus ride right and a pain during rush hours, just frequent bus service. The chatty boys use to get on between Finch and Lawerence lol and are usually only chatty in the evenings. The problems or incidences usually happen on the side streets esepcially near bars/pool halls and in the Ontario Housing buildings/complexes. The main streets are not usually an issue.

Old 04-23-2015, 08:56 AM

301 posts, read 1,327,223 times
It's on OK area. Not much happening in area. There's a large plaza just east at Keele with a large grocery store, banks, fast food. Good transportation options too. It's a decent area, but it's not great in terms of things to do. Fairly safe too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto