Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2015, 09:54 AM

129 posts, read 160,890 times

Advertisements

We'll be traveling through Pearson International Airport on Saturday evening.
How congested is traffic near the airport?

Are the parking lots & garage usually full?
Is it a good idea to reserve parking on the airport's website in advance?
When I punch in my travel dates, the ground value lot was not an option for reservation...

How long does it usually take to go through the airport security?

We'll also stay at a hotel in Etobicoke...is it a safe area?

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2015, 10:08 AM

2,829 posts, read 3,174,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooky01 View Post

When I punch in my travel dates, the ground value lot was not an option for reservation...

TIA
Yes, Etobicoke is safe. Most areas around Toronto are safe. Nothing to worry about.

Security depends on whether you are domestic, int'l, or US. In my experience, U.S. takes the longest because they have more stringent security, longer lines, and longer wait time for customs.

Parking is kind of expensive at YYZ, but I'll let fusion2 shed light on this as he works there.

Old 03-25-2015, 07:56 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,877,316 times
Quote:

TIA
Traffic on a saturday evening should be fairly light.. I wouldn't worry about that at all - especially since you'll be in Etobicoke so you won't be far from YYZ.. If you want to save quite a few bucks (versus parking at the lots directly connected to the terminals) just park at the Value Parking Garage..

6145 Viscount Road, Toronto, ON L4V 1B3

Its linked to both terminals by a free monorail that runs between every 3 to 7 minutes without stop 24/7/365.. No need to reserve in advance there is usually always a parking spot though you'll have to go up to the 4th or 5th level.. I use that lot myself when I travel and I NEVER had any problems finding a spot so don't stress if you can't find one on the levels 1-3 but 4 or 5 always has spots....

Value Park Garage#

As for Airport security - what time is your flight departing - which airline are you flying out on? Staying at a hotel in Etobicoke i'd have zero concerns about safety.... Depending on hotel you may want to ask if they have an airport shuttle and park at the hotel for you trip (some hotels may allow that).. You'd save money but of course you're leaving your car at hotel parking - it is definately more secure at an indoor airport parking lot of course.

Last edited by fusion2; 03-25-2015 at 08:08 PM..

Old 03-25-2015, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonkid123 View Post
Yes, Etobicoke is safe. Most areas around Toronto are safe. Nothing to worry about.

Security depends on whether you are domestic, int'l, or US. In my experience, U.S. takes the longest because they have more stringent security, longer lines, and longer wait time for customs.

Parking is kind of expensive at YYZ, but I'll let fusion2 shed light on this as he works there.
Security screening is essentially the same for all sectors - but Transborder (flying to the U.S) has the added element of U.S Customs as YYZ is a Pre-clearance facility so you go through U.S Customs here - good thing is you don't have to go through Customs upon arrival in the U.S.. Also Saturday night U.S departure activity is fairly light.. The busiest time to go through U.S Customs at Pearson bar none is the early morning departure bank from 6 am - 8 am..

Old 03-25-2015, 08:35 PM

129 posts, read 160,890 times
Thank you both for your replies - much appreciated.

We'll be flying out around 1:00am EDT via EVA Air in Terminal 1.
Thanks for the link to the Value Park Garage.

What about the Value Park Lot?
It seems to be a bit cheaper than the garage...
Value Park Lot

Old 03-25-2015, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Thank you both for your replies - much appreciated.

We'll be flying out around 1:00am EDT via EVA Air in Terminal 1.
Thanks for the link to the Value Park Garage.

What about the Value Park Lot?
It seems to be a bit cheaper than the garage...
Value Park Lot
Don't worry about security screening at that time.. as long as you're at T1 checking in at 1030 pm - and no later than 11 pm you will be totally fine with time to spare..

If I were you - i'd park at the Value Parking Garage - its indoor parking and from what I see isn't that much more than the Value parking lot.. With that said, the Value Park Lot is perfectly fine and secure parking for your trip if you want to save the most money for parking though it is outdoor so just take that into account.

Enjoy your trip!!

Last edited by fusion2; 03-25-2015 at 09:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto