Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 12:56 PM

3,849 posts, read 5,254,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonkid123 View Post
Sounds good. We could do next weekend, preferably sometime on Saturday.

I might do a short trip to Montreal this weekend. I haven't been there since I was a kid so wondering if you guys have any recommendations on what to do/see. Next week working from my beloved Boston Beantown the whole week, soooo excited to go back
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Montreal! I always enjoy walking in their Latin Quarter. So urban, vibrant and pleasing to the eyes.
+ 1

The Plateau is another favorite neighborhood of mine and many others. Also grabbing some great stuff to eat and a bottle of wine to drink at Jean Talon Market and taking it over to La Fontaine Park is always a great way to spend a couple hours.

If you like Brewpubs, check out this place as well. Dieu du Ciel!

You can also stock up on awesome Quebec beer to take back to Toronto from Depanneur Peluso, that place is a gem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 01:07 PM

27 posts, read 25,585 times
Sounds good. Hopefully, the weekend of 11-12 will work for others also.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:45 PM

2,829 posts, read 3,155,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post
+ 1

The Plateau is another favorite neighborhood of mine and many others. Also grabbing some great stuff to eat and a bottle of wine to drink at Jean Talon Market and taking it over to La Fontaine Park is always a great way to spend a couple hours.

If you like Brewpubs, check out this place as well. Dieu du Ciel!

You can also stock up on awesome Quebec beer to take back to Toronto from Depanneur Peluso, that place is a gem.
Beer is awesome. I live for beer.

Old 04-02-2015, 05:46 PM

659 posts, read 895,262 times
Apartment: Applied today and gave deposit. Need to finish some paperwork (bank, current landlord) to make it officially official. Lease will start on May 1st and I'll probably within a couple of weeks of then.

Job: 3 possibilities, 1 looking very likely. 2 phone interviews done and 1 in-person or video interview soon. I might have to come back here again before the move.

Now stop trying to plan a get together immediately after I go back to Boston!

Old 04-03-2015, 12:22 AM

15,106 posts, read 15,750,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweidler View Post
This weekend maybe tough, BK. I don't get in till late morning Saturday. How about the weekend after?
I'm away this long weekend (I mentioned that earlier ) in Washington D.C.. Next weekend should be good for me though Zwiedler (Sorry Christina ).. I'll PM you my digits if you want to text assuming you are coordinating.. If you guys make it this weekend I send my regrets and enjoy!...

Last edited by fusion2; 04-03-2015 at 12:45 AM..

Old 04-03-2015, 08:03 AM

27 posts, read 25,585 times
Fusion,

Yes, PM me your number and I will text you from the Toronto number I will get tomorrow. Next weekend should work.
Christina,

We will definitely plan to get together when you get back. And by that time, we might be planning the house warming party for you! :-)

Old 04-03-2015, 08:21 AM

15,106 posts, read 15,750,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweidler View Post
Fusion,

Yes, PM me your number and I will text you from the Toronto number I will get tomorrow. Next weekend should work.
Christina,

We will definitely plan to get together when you get back. And by that time, we might be planning the house warming party for you! :-)
Will do Zweidler on the road but will do so when i'm setting in D.C...

Old 04-03-2015, 08:39 AM

Housewarming party sounds like a plan! I don't know one single person here besides a few recruiters, the guy at the bank, and the lady at the property rental office.

Fusion, when are you headed to DC? I have a flight layover there tonight. Wouldn't it be funny if we were on the same plane?

Old 04-03-2015, 08:44 AM

So....my flight isn't until 7:30 tonight. No interviews/job hunting because everything is closed today. I had to turn in my rental car last night and I have to check out of this hotel soon. I have no idea what to do all day! Maybe I should just go to the airport and try to get an earlier flight.

Old 04-03-2015, 05:02 PM

287 posts, read 304,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina311 View Post
So....my flight isn't until 7:30 tonight. No interviews/job hunting because everything is closed today. I had to turn in my rental car last night and I have to check out of this hotel soon. I have no idea what to do all day! Maybe I should just go to the airport and try to get an earlier flight.
There is a public pillow fight event in front of the city hall on bay and queen in the afternoon, you can go check it out if there's nothing else to do
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto