Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2015, 07:40 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,860,485 times

Advertisements

For those of us who don't care about the price of real estate in the T.Dot.

The 10 most expensive homes for sale in Toronto

Last edited by fusion2; 04-10-2015 at 08:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 08:06 PM

2,253 posts, read 3,718,512 times
26 Old Forest Hill Rd. is Peter Munk's house.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:10 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,860,485 times
Not for long I guess

Old 04-14-2015, 03:31 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,045 times
When can I move in?????? My dream would be to be swimming around in my swimming pool in the dead of winter watching tv or better yet the sunset chanel on rogers cable lol! Some light bulbs are going off in my head (most of which start with me and a sholve diging the hole myself in the backyard). I have been total to install that type of ventalation system if could cost around $100 000.00 (already asked prior to this post). Not really found of the style of the room, but totally feeling the indoor swiming pool. Seen it done better on pictures online. Anyone want to help me out kick start my idea lol : )! For now the public pools or beach will have to do.

Old 04-15-2015, 07:28 AM

564 posts, read 1,039,993 times
I am not anti-rich. If you have "made it" and have the money to waste on trivial things, congrats, so be it. But I will never understand the attraction to monster homes that require a small army just to keep them running. Not to mention the thousands of dollars in utility and maintenance costs just to provide a roof for furniture and other possessions that probably see little use. Can you still be super-rich yet exercise some restraint, perhaps be more practical and efficient?

It must be mostly to impress others, a way to figuratively grab someone by the back of the neck and rub their face in your crotch. When I see a Lamborghini or some other crazy expensive car driving around just to be seen, I don't think, wow, that is impressive! I think wow, what a friggin' waste of money, and how sad is that guy that he needs this kind of validation and attention.

I think the smartest rich people are those who don't flaunt or feel the need to attention-***** themselves. They quietly go about their business and you would never know how well-off they really are. Sure, they might drive a nice sedan, live in a finely appointed home, and have many nice things. But their wealth does not define them in the same way it does for some others who use their money as a means to say "f--k you" to everyone and everything else.

Guess I'm more impressed by those who conduct themselves with humility and quiet dignity than loud *******s in fancy cars with their fake hair, painted smiles, plastic hatchet-faced wives, and hotel-sized houses. Does not surprise me in the least that many are actually in dire financial straits and deeply miserable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto