Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 01:19 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,722,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
This is the part that gets me:

"He follows me when I do something in the kitchen sometimes, then when I go to the bathroom and when I go to bed, I can hear him drop something above me to let me know where he is and that he's following me... If I go to bed at 3 am so does he and if I go to bed at 4 so does he. He drops something loud to let me know this. It's super creepy especially when all i want to do is go to sleep. He sets his alarm for a few hours later and lets it go off for 2-3 mins and then does it again a few more times."

She actually believes that "the creep" intentionally moves around his apartment in order to be above where she is in hers? She thinks that he's intentionally going to bed at the same time she is, no matter what time it is?
yeah, I don't know who is the creep here.
I live in a condo and there is no way I could tell what the person one floor down is doing, in which room and when he goes to bed. Completely impossible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 01:49 PM

676 posts, read 989,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Stalking is NOT a conspiracy theory that doesn't actually happen. People get stalked and harassed quite often. When you grow up and get some life experiences outside your currently sheltered life, you will find that there really ARE evil people in the world, it's not just paranoia or media hype.

I bet if the stalker was a tall handsome man, there would be no problem

Old 04-28-2015, 01:54 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Fight fire with fire,first thing to do is go knock on his door and ask him to marry you.

Old 04-28-2015, 02:10 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,885,876 times
OK stalking is a real concern for many people....but OP your claims border on the paranoid lunatic fringe. I'm almost concerned for his safety around YOU.

Old 04-28-2015, 02:34 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,401,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoke View Post
does second hand crack smoke make people paranoid?
lmao

Old 05-01-2015, 10:10 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,723,845 times
Firstly I want to say sorry that this is happening to you regardless of if it is factual or perception. Even though these situations are not common, they DO HAPPEN. If you truly think there is something off about that person ... you are probably right. I cannot count the amount of times that people do not trust their instincts about people and find out the hard way. There is no harm in being cautious about someone that for whatever reason makes you feel uncomfortable. If this person is a drug dealer or doing some other illegal stuff in his apartment be really careful of how you interact with them. The best you can do is politely turn down their advancements and hopefully he will eventually get bored of you and move on to someone else. Be cautious of going around accusing this person of doing something illegal as if it is not true you are damaging this persons reputation and if it is true you are putting yourself at risk for retaliation. Around 10 years ago I had a new neighbour move in next door. Most people in the area were families. We noticed some strange stuff going on ex. the windows always being left open even in the dead of winter. Strange looking people going in and out of the house at odd hours. Did not look like the man living there actually had a regular job or even there that often as no observed to be getting up to go to work at any set time. We just kept our distance as we were busy going about our own lives. Then several months later we get a knock on the door and it was 2 police officers dressed in street clothes asking us if they could come in to talk to us about the neighbour and any odd observations we may have had. Apparently the land lord starting getting suspicious as the hydro use in that unit was supper high and they had also had someone tenants complain about smells coming out from the unit. Soon after it looks like the police raided the town house next door as he was running some sort of drug lab in the place. So for the smarty pants that have be brushing her post off thinking she is just paranoid I had to send a reminder that this stuff does happen and that you need to trust your instincts because the only one going to suffer any consequences if something is really going on is you. Also I am not sure young or naive you could be but make sure you DO NOT confront him about your suspicions.

Old 08-20-2015, 09:06 PM

29 posts, read 35,249 times
I'm so so sorry this is happening to you. This is very similar to what I am currently going. Everyone is going to be sympathetic to you at first and then dismiss you and say you are paranoid. Just know the reason why you feel creeped out is because HE IS BEING CREEPY. He leaves his alarm on because he knows you are goi g o hear it. Same goes for the dropping of heavy objects. Unfortunately you don't have enough to go on and tell the police about but get a book and document what everything. The bumps, the appearances ...everything. Have a talk with your landlord and tell them that you are going to have to break the lease because you don't feel safe. If there is a will there is a way. Get out asap.

Old 08-21-2015, 03:13 AM

127 posts, read 269,130 times
The way you say thing i believe you come from a french speaking country (north african or middle eastern)
anyway, he probably too afraid to get into any kind of contact with you since he is a drug dealer and does not want to attract the heat from the cops.
my suggestions are:
1- you have to take advantage of any sort of contact he may have with you to inform the authaurity ( at least they open a file)
2- if you cross his way never get away of his way, always walk straight your head up without looking at him (body language is very important)
3- try to organize moving somewhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
This is the part that gets me:

"He follows me when I do something in the kitchen sometimes, then when I go to the bathroom and when I go to bed, I can hear him drop something above me to let me know where he is and that he's following me... If I go to bed at 3 am so does he and if I go to bed at 4 so does he. He drops something loud to let me know this. It's super creepy especially when all i want to do is go to sleep. He sets his alarm for a few hours later and lets it go off for 2-3 mins and then does it again a few more times."

She actually believes that "the creep" intentionally moves around his apartment in order to be above where she is in hers? She thinks that he's intentionally going to bed at the same time she is, no matter what time it is?
this is the reality of stalking, it gets you into a paranoia states then you start to think that every move is related to the stalking.

Old 08-21-2015, 11:37 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,723,845 times
Default What??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzz View Post
The way you say thing i believe you come from a french speaking country (north african or middle eastern)
anyway, he probably too afraid to get into any kind of contact with you since he is a drug dealer and does not want to attract the heat from the cops.
my suggestions are:
1- you have to take advantage of any sort of contact he may have with you to inform the authaurity ( at least they open a file)
2- if you cross his way never get away of his way, always walk straight your head up without looking at him (body language is very important)
3- try to organize moving somewhere else.

this is the reality of stalking, it gets you into a paranoia states then you start to think that every move is related to the stalking.
The person who wrote this post joined the forum on the day that the post was made and does not appear to have ever returned. Jazz lol why do you think this person is from a french speaking country (north african or middle eastern)? Really curious? I hope you are not suggesting French speaking Arab women are more paranoid then other women lol? On a side note ... this person's perceptions could be true or reflective of possible mental illness (Paranoia or Schizophrenia). Real or imagined... both situations are very scary.

Old 08-21-2015, 04:15 PM

127 posts, read 269,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
The person who wrote this post joined the forum on the day that the post was made and does not appear to have ever returned. Jazz lol why do you think this person is from a french speaking country (north African or middle eastern)? Really curious? I hope you are not suggesting French speaking Arab women are more paranoid then other women lol? On a side note ... this person's perceptions could be true or reflective of possible mental illness (Paranoia or Schizophrenia). Real or imagined... both situations are very scary.
the way she writes in English it's like someone thinking in French. The "ministery of communication" is so mush a French thing " Ministere de la Comunication" and most former French colonies adopted. other middle eastern countries have this ministery of communication thing ... anyway.
paranoia or Schizophrenia ain't a joke it's a serious thing. i wish she doesn't have that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto