Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 02:54 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,725,072 times

Advertisements

Okay after some pretty comical TTC momets today.. ex the lady who decided to start panting her nails on the pretty full subway (I am taking about a full on manicure... not just a touch up and she was not even considerate enough to offer to do anyone else's ) and the man who felt that it was totally normal to start doing hard cord gym streches for around 10 minutes in the middle of the moving train ... anyone else out their in Toronto got some funny recent TTC moments to share. Hopefully sharing your story could inspire some good laughs and convince a few more people in Toronto that riding the TTC is truely the better way .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2015, 10:02 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,724,552 times
Since the subway are almost always delayed for 10,000 reasons, and there is no cellphone signal or wifi, people have learned to find activities to do.

I am fine with that. What I hate is extra loud conversations as if there is nobody else in the train. I recently came back from the airport, and 4 young male passenger at the back were so loud on the bus that even first row passengers could hear every word they said. Male passengers!

Old 06-19-2015, 10:11 AM

3,379 posts, read 5,535,684 times
The most annoying thing I've seen on the TTC is some guy who kept falling asleep and losing control of his luggage on wheels, so it kept moving across the bus to just before my seat. He just kept waking up, grabbing it, then falling back asleep and losing grip of it over and over and over again.

Old 06-19-2015, 10:29 AM

I am totally pro-efficient use of time. Some people are just so much more creative about it than others. I had to hold my tongue re the painting of the nails ... only because it was really not a great colour ... the colour choice was not doing her any justice and would have taken like 4 coats to make any real impact. Re delays ... I think some areas are worse than others. When I use to live in the north west end of the city (heck north or south of the west end of the city) it was painful, but now that I live in the south east end not so bad any more. I still get annoyed when I think of taking the bus from Finch, Downsview or Jane Station ... the endless waits to get on the bus, the stampede once the doors open and then the 30 minutes of being packed in like sardines. The best is when you get the person next to you innocently leaning on your shoulder because they have fallen asleep or the ever so classic .. my leg is your leg incidents .. when the person sitting next to you thinks is totally cool to casually rest their hand on your thigh. Never too much of a dull moment.

Old 06-20-2015, 05:06 PM

2,408 posts, read 2,432,532 times

The Mad Hatter, Peter Rabbit, the drunk and the surprised shopper - Queen St subway station by Phil Marion, on Flickr

Old 06-20-2015, 07:10 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,051,667 times
One time I waited less than 30 seconds for a subway. I think it was a Tuesday.

Old 10-16-2015, 04:45 PM

Stupid random question... am I imagining this or didn't there use to be poles in the middle of the isle on the subway train carts? I distinctly remember people (okay .. me and my crazy freinds) fooling around while hanging on to those poles and some inprompt mock pole dancing on late subway rides home? Were the poles ever there or am I remember wrong?

Old 10-16-2015, 10:52 PM

112 posts, read 141,376 times
I've seen some crazy people fighting physically and some tormented loud mouthed arguments. I've witnessed a guy who shoved another guy for bumping into him and they almost fought but it looked like a pretty uncivilized crazy situation where if someone bumped into you by accident and said sorry then you don't shove them you might probably want to accept the apology, I see people tripping other people too.

Old 10-17-2015, 07:29 AM

2,869 posts, read 4,451,713 times
All of this makes me so glad that I own a car.....

The last time that I was on a TTC bus , John Sewell was the Mayor....

Jim B.

Old 10-17-2015, 10:13 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,877,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
All of this makes me so glad that I own a car.....

The last time that I was on a TTC bus , John Sewell was the Mayor....

Jim B.
Some rare and random things by some odd people wouldn't stop me from using the TTC.. Where I live, its still by far the best option to take when headed DT..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto