Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2015, 10:27 PM

13 posts, read 31,662 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

I plan moving to Vaughan due to close to work and reasonable real estate cost vs other more downtown location. I think living near the Vaughan Mill would give me access to shopping for every day need. Plus Vaughan has more suburban feel which I will need after work. But my question is...how is nightlife in Vaughan? And Are there many young single young professionals living in the area I can mingle with? It will be great to hear everyone's feedback. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2015, 09:56 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,726,313 times
You seriously shouldn't expect a "nightlife" in Vaughan. People live there for one reason: cheaper housing. Be ready to hit the sack by 9.

Old 06-19-2015, 12:32 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,879,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothoperator84 View Post
Hello All,

I plan moving to Vaughan due to close to work and reasonable real estate cost vs other more downtown location. I think living near the Vaughan Mill would give me access to shopping for every day need. Plus Vaughan has more suburban feel which I will need after work. But my question is...how is nightlife in Vaughan? And Are there many young single young professionals living in the area I can mingle with? It will be great to hear everyone's feedback. Thanks.
The only fun thing about Vaughn is Canada's Wonderland which won't help you as a single person though the Leviathan is a super amazing roller coaster if your into that.. If its close to work fine but don't expect much of a nightlife.. I'd head DT or west of DT on the weekends for nightlife pursuits.

Old 06-19-2015, 01:59 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times
There are lots of restaurants, movie theatres, night clubs, good shopping and Dave and Busters up there. If it was me I would stick closer to Woodbridge/Maple as more of the interesting stuff seems to be around there. When I was a kid there was houses, bushes and wonderland up there and that about it. I literally spend a huge amount of my summer at Wonderland hanging out as a teen (ahhh the memories of just being able to hang out with friends all day getting in to mischief while working on a tan). It has come a long way. If you want to be a wedding crasher you are in the banquet hall capital of the GTA ! This area is better suited for people that drive. There are more boring areas to live in the GTA.

Last edited by klmrocks; 06-19-2015 at 02:04 PM.. Reason: :)

Old 06-19-2015, 09:06 PM

2,618 posts, read 1,504,387 times
stick close to the major roads where the strip plazas are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto