Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 03:28 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times

Advertisements

I have been going to many concerts over the last year and trying to explore new venues big and small. I am still basking in the afterglow of the AMAZING U2 concert at the Air Canada Centre on Monday night, which brought back memories of slowing dancing a little too close with my older totally drunk prom date infront of the school priest (One), Tragic break ups (With or without you), one too many wedding reception party entrances in the early 90s (BeautifulDay) and the fact that I still Haven't found what I'm looking for . Oh yeah and the actual concert its self was "even better then the real thing" .

My first concert in Toronto was Madonna (I was with my mom, aunt and slightly older cousin ... all I remember is my mom covering my eyes frequently and having the look of absolute regret in taking me along

First concert with friends was at Maple Leaf Gardens to see Green Day ( gold seats ... but could have gone in the mosh pit ... but the 2 female tough talking friends I was with were too scared to break any nails so they decline the scalpers offer to swap tickets. There are so many other smaller ... interesting venues in the city which I have yet to get to.

Wondering what other people think are the best concert venues in Toronto and why (vibe, location, layout ... ) as my quest to find the best concert venuesin Toronto continues..

As of today, in no specific order my favs are.

1. Molson Amphitheater (lawn seats for comfort and flexibility except in the rain

2. The Drake Underground (small and intimacy)

3. Air Canada Centre (as there is nothing more amazing then being at asold out concert with a little under 20 000 people singing, dancing andclapping along to same songs with lighters and cell phones lit).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015, 09:32 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,051,858 times
Lee's Palace is my favorite. Seen a lot of bands that were popular in the 90's there. Up close and personal. Sweet setup and the sound blows you away.

Horseshoe Tavern is wicked fun too. Lemonheads, Nada Surf, Rusty, Mudhoney.... some wicked shows.

Gotta agree with klm about the Amphitheatre. Saw Oasis there and it sounded great. Then saw them at ACC and thought it was kinda crap. Not as intimate, sound wasn't great at all.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:58 PM

Default I need to just start walking in to places ....

I pass by these places so often..... I just need to start going in regardless of who is playing just for the heck of it. I walk past Lee's Palace at least 5 times a week and have never gone in.

Old 07-09-2015, 12:30 PM

23 posts, read 33,621 times
Molson Amphitheater is solid, although difficult to get to because of its location.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:07 PM

Subway to Union, Go Train or Street Car to Exhibition? It could be worse.

Sound Academy is an actual ***** to get to and they pack you in like sardines. Thank god we had beers for the walk.

Old 12-17-2015, 09:57 AM

Default Omg!!!

Trying to get Adele tickets at the Air Canada centre ... 4 dates in a row... trying for almost 3 hours and could only 1 ticket??? What the hell???? How is this possible!!! There was not even a presale. How could she sell out 4 days in a row! Unheard of? Something is up with that?

Last edited by klmrocks; 12-17-2015 at 10:50 AM..

Old 12-17-2015, 06:16 PM

1,043 posts, read 899,582 times
Lee's Palace was definitely my favorite when I lived there. The Dance Cave above it was also really fun to hang out after a show or just for a night out. By the time I was moving out of Toronto it seemed to have been dying down... I wonder if kids still go dancing there on Saturday nights? Or the Boathouse or Neutral in Kensington - haha. Those were when Brit Pop was still cool.
I also used to love the MOD club on College; is that still around?
I used to see alot of bands I like playing at small venues in Parkdale after I moved. Not sure about the names.

Old 12-19-2015, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Trying to get Adele tickets at the Air Canada centre ... 4 dates in a row... trying for almost 3 hours and could only 1 ticket??? What the hell???? How is this possible!!! There was not even a presale. How could she sell out 4 days in a row! Unheard of? Something is up with that?
Scalpers must be having a field day.

But 4 shows in a row and you could only get 1 ticket? That's very strange.

Old 12-19-2015, 08:14 PM

Default Crazy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Scalpers must be having a field day.

But 4 shows in a row and you could only get 1 ticket? That's very strange.
It was nuts. Their site froze and was not honouring the wait times ex It was saying you have 4 minutes then it went up and down. Logged in on my iPhone and got threw. Total nonsense. I thought that credit card entry thing was suppose to stop this. Oh well at least I got a ticket.

Old 01-13-2016, 01:30 PM

Just in case anyone out there is really in to going to concerts like me. My fav venu The Molson Amphitheatre is already selling tickets and I already have got around 5 lined up in the city so far for 2016. The crazy thing about getting concert tickets is that most of the time if you are not buying by the presale it is tricky to get seats at the prine point or location you want .. it at all.

I am also pretty happy that I am finally going to The Danforth Music Hall for a concert in Feb!!!!

Florence and the Machine (on sale now !!! for Amreican Express front of the line and tomorrow presale for livenation)! Not sure why lawn seats not showing up as for sale... but I am pro sitting on the lawn at this venu. Cheaper and more fun crowd! Lawn people rule lol :P!

My equation for surviving a cold winter day with a smile is

The Molson Amphitheatre Ticket Sales = thoughts of summer concernts = hope to be free from jackets, boots and other winter wear and enjoying some city style fun in the sun !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto