Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 11:55 AM

3 posts, read 2,981 times

Advertisements

Hi
I am a new PR and moving to Toronto as I guess it has more job opportunities. I am looking for help and advice in finding reasonable areas where I can look for rented accommodation and also jobs. Toronto is pretty vast and without having any knowledge about the areas, it's kindda hard to shortlist.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2015, 07:39 AM

13 posts, read 16,858 times
Hi,

What specifically are you looking for in an area and a rental? Condo? Main floor of a home? Budget?

Old 08-27-2015, 02:31 AM

3 posts, read 2,981 times
A shared rental

Old 08-28-2015, 12:55 AM

1,007 posts, read 2,014,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cs55555 View Post
A shared rental
Hi, I am also looking into moving to Canada as well, in the upcoming future - probably in the next two to three years. But I have been told it's very difficult to get a job in Canada if you don't have any Canadian experience. Is this true? Were you able to gain any Canadian experience and career-related social ties in Canada?

Old 08-28-2015, 05:59 AM

57 posts, read 74,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZpharmer View Post
Hi, I am also looking into moving to Canada as well, in the upcoming future - probably in the next two to three years. But I have been told it's very difficult to get a job in Canada if you don't have any Canadian experience. Is this true? Were you able to gain any Canadian experience and career-related social ties in Canada?
If you're a man, it will only be harder for you to gain employment in Canada. Cities such as Toronto only care about the rights of privileged women. When you arrive to Canada, you'll either end up on welfare or working for minimum wage jobs for the rest of your life.

I suggest that you seek employment opportunities in the United States where the job market is not as discriminatory and feminist as Canada.

In addition, read Roosh V's "15 Reasons why Toronto is the worst city for men" and you will understand why Toronto is not a good place. The same can apply for anyone who is ambitious, man or woman.

Old 08-28-2015, 06:01 AM

57 posts, read 74,594 times
Default Toronto is a racist and feminist hellhole

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs55555 View Post
Hi
I am a new PR and moving to Toronto as I guess it has more job opportunities. I am looking for help and advice in finding reasonable areas where I can look for rented accommodation and also jobs. Toronto is pretty vast and without having any knowledge about the areas, it's kindda hard to shortlist.
Thanks
Where do you get the idea that "Toronto has more job opportunities"? Unless you're looking for a bureaucratic government-related job which has feminism as a mission statement, the only good jobs you will find as a newcomer in Toronto is working for free to gain "Canadian experience" or driving taxis and delivering pizzas for low wages.

Old 08-28-2015, 01:50 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,723,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallJames View Post
Where do you get the idea that "Toronto has more job opportunities"? Unless you're looking for a bureaucratic government-related job which has feminism as a mission statement, the only good jobs you will find as a newcomer in Toronto is working for free to gain "Canadian experience" or driving taxis and delivering pizzas for low wages.

Really??? Don't be so negative! Get off you anti-feminism rant. If you have a mother, sister, daughter or grandmother to even the smallest extent you should appreciate the idea of feminism. Don't forget the plus sides for men regarding feminism ... there are many ! MarshallJames ... Toronto is probably much less of a racist hellhole then many other major cities. This city is full of immigrants and people from parents that are immigrants... being new anywhere can be hard. If you have a negative attitude it can be harder ... hint hint. If you are having bad day... check out BuskerFest. A free fun event near young and Dundas that is gender and race neutral . It may help put a smile on your face or rub the chip off your shoulder! If you think this city is a hell hole... you clearly have never seen a city or place that merits that description.

Old 08-28-2015, 02:29 PM

127 posts, read 269,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Really??? Don't be so negative! Get off you anti-feminism rant. If you have a mother, sister, daughter or grandmother to even the smallest extent you should appreciate the idea of feminism....
Feminism as we know it today has nothing to do with women rights activism. and it's a failed biased ideology. the **** walk, femen, men wearing high heal walk...etc it's what feminism became today.

Old 08-28-2015, 02:35 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,720,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallJames View Post
you are so wrong on this.

As a male new comer, I found a government job within 3 months in Toronto. Who gave you the idea the government has strong feminism? Our organization of 40 have fewer than 10 female employees, all the rest are male. Yesterday I attended a meeting with 20 people and only 2 are female. Most the outside colleagues I know are men, at least 70% of them. I don't remember attending any meeting where women account for more than 30%, often less than 10%, many times none at all.

I am not saying you are lying but your experience probably more related to certain type of government jobs. For example, when I work on the province budget, almost all (90%) the budget/document preparing staff are women. It really depends.

I am not saying it is easy to find a job for a new immigrant, in that respect you are right. But it is really not about feminism.

Old 08-28-2015, 04:13 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,871,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
you are so wrong on this.

As a male new comer, I found a government job within 3 months in Toronto. Who gave you the idea the government has strong feminism? Our organization of 40 have fewer than 10 female employees, all the rest are male. Yesterday I attended a meeting with 20 people and only 2 are female. Most the outside colleagues I know are men, at least 70% of them. I don't remember attending any meeting where women account for more than 30%, often less than 10%, many times none at all.

I am not saying you are lying but your experience probably more related to certain type of government jobs. For example, when I work on the province budget, almost all (90%) the budget/document preparing staff are women. It really depends.

I am not saying it is easy to find a job for a new immigrant, in that respect you are right. But it is really not about feminism.

Same thing in my company - 80 percent of the workers in our Finance dept are women yet its the exact opposite in so many other departments... Most PM's, Plumbers, Electricians etc are men.. Our Legal dept is about half each.

Last edited by fusion2; 08-28-2015 at 04:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto