Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 10:12 PM

800 posts, read 730,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Actually i'll give you this! A person and a city can be like a chemical reaction - some good some bad. The city works for me and I like it but in some cases the opposite is true.. I get that but I still stand by what I said that some people just have issues relating to others and that could be the bigger problem than the city itself. I don't think you can discount that possibility either.
I agree. If you are introverted and anti social you are basically always going to have a hard time. But I stand by my viewpoints. I don't have problems making friends with males. Gay or straight. Most women here put up a barrier that I thought was normal. Then I got down south to see the women there are as easy to talk to as the males. Gay or straight from Toronto. You feel like friends rather than them being guarded or shy. I feel like the women here communicate completely non verbally and of you can't pick up on the cues here you will have a rough time. They are not vocal here as much as down south. Having some pretty good times in other countries made me realize how different it is here culturally. I really don't care for social interactions in torn to anymore. I had a lot when I was younger. I'd rather do it down south. Just my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2016, 10:35 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,877,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
I agree. If you are introverted and anti social you are basically always going to have a hard time. But I stand by my viewpoints. I don't have problems making friends with males. Gay or straight. Most women here put up a barrier that I thought was normal. Then I got down south to see the women there are as easy to talk to as the males. Gay or straight from Toronto. You feel like friends rather than them being guarded or shy. I feel like the women here communicate completely non verbally and of you can't pick up on the cues here you will have a rough time. They are not vocal here as much as down south. Having some pretty good times in other countries made me realize how different it is here culturally. I really don't care for social interactions in torn to anymore. I had a lot when I was younger. I'd rather do it down south. Just my opinion.
well there are clearly people in here who feel that people in the city are reserved and not as open as other places. I can actually buy that, especially when you compare Toronto to cities in Latin America and Asia.. A bit less of an extent to Europe.. For example, I know Botti is going to come down hard on me but I found people in Barcelona to be surprisingly cold and reserved.. I had better luck in Madrid but that was just me.. The U.S is hit or miss from my perspective but that is my own experience. Toronto can be a bit on the pretentious side however. In some ways your average U.S city may be a bit more friendly and natural.. I didn't get a good 'friendliness' vibe from S.F yet Chicago gave me that feeling where it was this big city, but the people had this sort of country bumpkin friendliness and realness to them. Now admittedly, I didn't explore all of the city for self preservation reasons and I had a good friend take me around who is from there.

Another thing to look at is in some countries, people are 'friendly' because lets be real, they want $omething.. What concerns me about some of the young people posting in here is when they have such an incredibly hard time making friends or simply can't get a date at all and resort to mass criticism of an entire city.. To me that is a sign that the problem is simply far more innate than some generalized cultural reservations on the part of English Canadians or Torontonians.. Its also a surprise that we have this hugely multicultural place with people from so many different places come here yet suddenly they enter a black hole in terms of interpersonal skills and cultural expression - I find that a bit hard to digest as well. Suddenly they and their families lost that 'fire' - I don't really get that claim.

I'm married to a Venezuelan and he's anything but not eccentric and he brought his spice here. I can't imagine why people wouldn't want or feel as though they can't express their cultural eccentricities here as they had back home. Perhaps there is more we all can do to facilitate that - there is no easy solution but the problem some people have can't just be dismissed as a city problem either - that is a convenient explanation, it might not be entirely the correct one.

Old 05-16-2016, 08:24 AM

20 posts, read 17,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
100% agreed. When people first come to Toronto they will try and approach women the regular way a.k.a. through talk but here they're very subtle. You have to play the game of "i looked at you but you didn't catch me look at you" try to catch a glimpse of a girl on a subway train, the better she is at this game the harder it'll be for you to make eye contact. Don't mistake that though for her not having checked you out already you were just too slow.

Old 05-16-2016, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marini83 View Post
100% agreed. When people first come to Toronto they will try and approach women the regular way a.k.a. through talk but here they're very subtle. You have to play the game of "i looked at you but you didn't catch me look at you" try to catch a glimpse of a girl on a subway train, the better she is at this game the harder it'll be for you to make eye contact. Don't mistake that though for her not having checked you out already you were just too slow.
People here complain clubs are a bad place to meet people. But in those types of environments they can't pull those kind of subtle games. It's much more direct and since they ate tipsy or the it's the right 'environment' all inhibitions dissappear. I feel bad for people that don't like clubs because it seems much harder to meet new people without a class room or work setting. Though I can see how most people don't like it. It's where the hyper sexual extroverts thrive. But most act like an introverts in day to day activities so you really lose lose if your looking to meet new people if you are unwilling to put in an excess amount of effort. And by the I mean talk to several random people with a low success rate. You may as well do it in the club where you can pretty much skip dating and get to the other stuff.

Old 05-16-2016, 11:52 AM

20 posts, read 17,768 times
Anything goes, whether it's day game or clubs. Supermarket can work too but you better have your charm ready and steady.

Old 05-16-2016, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marini83 View Post
Anything goes, whether it's day game or clubs. Supermarket can work too but you better have your charm ready and steady.
Fair enough. That is true. I just feel like people that meet in the day are more relationships and date types. And night time clubs are just hook ups. Maybe I'm just categorizing though.

Old 05-16-2016, 03:46 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,725,072 times
Reading this stuff just out right makes me sad ... to the core. I guess women and men are just socialize to think differently in most cases. Most girls are usually subconciously sold in to the idea that one day they are going to meet that one specail person who they are going to be with forever. It appears that boys/guys don't exactly get that same message. The message sent to men/ boys seems to be more of the effect of mess around with as many women as you can then when you get tired or accidently get a girl pregnant you need to settle down.

If this is the case ( and everyday it seems more and more that this might in fact be the case) why would women not become cold and unfreindly. Both groups were given very different ambitions. When guys/ men run around messing with other people's hearts and heads this is what happens. Women become more hostile and cold to protect themselves from being disappointed and hurt.

The careless actions of certain men create these "monsters" (cold, hostile and unfreindly women). As a woman you are either seen as niave, childish and get taken advantage of if you are seen as too sweet or nice and if you try and protect yourself by not acting so vulerable you are seen as uptight, cold and unfreindly.

In these expresed circumstances .... the situation is just all out sad because actions of careless men just seem to drain the good .. the sweetness ... the kindness ... tenderness out of girls ... while they are becoming women.

Old 05-16-2016, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Reading this stuff just out right makes me sad ... to the core. I guess women and men are just socialize to think differently in most cases. Most girls are usually subconciously sold in to the idea that one day they are going to meet that one specail person who they are going to be with forever. It appears that boys/guys don't exactly get that same message. The message sent to men/ boys seems to be more of the effect of mess around with as many women as you can then when you get tired or accidently get a girl pregnant you need to settle down.

If this is the case ( and everyday it seems more and more that this might in fact be the case) why would women not become cold and unfreindly. Both groups were given very different ambitions. When guys/ men run around messing with other people's hearts and heads this is what happens. Women become more hostile and cold to protect themselves from being disappointed and hurt.

The careless actions of certain men create these "monsters" (cold, hostile and unfreindly women). As a woman you are either seen as niave, childish and get taken advantage of if you are seen as too sweet or nice and if you try and protect yourself by not acting so vulerable you are seen as uptight, cold and unfreindly.

In these expresed circumstances .... the situation is just all out sad because actions of careless men just seem to drain the good .. the sweetness ... the kindness ... tenderness out of girls ... while they are becoming women.
And some women rape boys when they are still children. Maybe some guys really just reacting to a traumatizing experience as a 7 year old. Don't make I out to seem like women are all good. Lol. You are just a human. Not a unicorn. A boy get raped and he is seen as a hero yet a woman gets a one night stand and seen as a victim. Why should the abducted feel sorry for a woman when he got raped and nearly killed? You just got tricked out of being a prude. In a lo of places like the caribe an or Latin America sexuality is celebrated. Not looked down upon.

And all the stuff you said is out the window when ryan gosling comes around. Them panties coming off even if he makes it clear he just wants to use you.

End o the day people should just be realistic with their expectations. The person that will be rich and famous will get way more girls than the guy that makes 6 figures that is of average looks. Who cares what the majority of women think. If you cant find one maybe you should re create your image, get over yourself and shoot in your league. Not everyone will touch the sky. Men or women.

Women here are ridiculous. You got lied to and are scared? Tough luck. I got raped and nearly abducted and killed as a defenseless child. Pardon my lack of empathy for you.

*fiction*

Old 05-16-2016, 04:40 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,725,072 times
Utterly depressing .... there is nothing left.

Old 05-16-2016, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Utterly depressing .... there is nothing left.
Just spread good vibes.

Last edited by Karassmatic; 05-16-2016 at 05:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto