Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 09:04 PM

2,829 posts, read 3,175,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeps View Post
Have to say I agree... There are a few city forums that you find anything in disagreement, not seen as complementary, high-5 ing and giving superior and better then complementary comments on their home city. You are no better then a troll.

I for one am glad Torontonian posters. Are not comparing to and on surpassing Chicago now in more then just city proper population.....but they feel they did on most things..... So Now turning their eyes on NYC. As I said months ago would or should come. Chicago is passé' now... on to vs London and NYC threads now.

After all..... I noted already they see themselves as the NYC of Canada. Seeing their density has passed American cities but for NYC. Also some of the precociousness of some New Yorkers some Torontonians show.

But I don't get how ANYONE DOES NOT SEE TIMES SQUARE (the crossroads of the world) IS NOT SEEN AS THE CENTER OF NYC.... Its just common knowledge..... and label someone a troll for saying so.

Basically this person is going by other post not seen as .... my first paragraph notes here.... and surprisingly has read how Nola101 stuck up for Chicago in threads up against Toronto so a forever scarlet letter is had as a troll. I'm sure I have one too.......

It wasn't even about a negative comment on Toronto here.... it was disagreeing with a TORONTONIAN.
Really have absolutely no idea what you are trying to convey here. A semester in grammar school would do you a world of good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2015, 02:53 AM

2,535 posts, read 3,282,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
As I said to you before, nobody from Toronto is comparing NYC or London in the context of challenging those cities, it was the OP in two threads who were drawing comparisons or looking for them and they are not from Toronto.

Is that hard to understanding or are you just trying to stir the proverbial pot?
Well it certainly does not take much... but apparently someone got stirred just another disagreeing with them and LASHED OUT which prompted my comment in agreement about "Times Square" seen as the center of NYC. So the PROVERBIAL POT was already stirred and it did not take much.

It's over and done with.... but I will TRY to avoid a Toronto vs a American city thread. Except for one.... I do expect more aspects of NYC threads. But surely others in these other cities, even if not a resident. Might disagree on things... it is to be expected. But really on Times Square in no way put Toronto down. Nor my added opinion. Just perspective.

I know New Yorkers did not care for Chicago being compared or having a aspects as Manhattan. Or especially a mini-NYC. So not sure if someone tried a Toronto as a Mini-NYC would go over better.....

I am off to work....

Old 10-10-2015, 05:19 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,883,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeps View Post
Well it certainly does not take much... but apparently someone got stirred just another disagreeing with them and LASHED OUT which prompted my comment in agreement about "Times Square" seen as the center of NYC. So the PROVERBIAL POT was already stirred and it did not take much.

It's over and done with.... but I will TRY to avoid a Toronto vs a American city thread. Except for one.... I do expect more aspects of NYC threads. But surely others in these other cities, even if not a resident. Might disagree on things... it is to be expected. But really on Times Square in no way put Toronto down. Nor my added opinion. Just perspective.

I know New Yorkers did not care for Chicago being compared or having a aspects as Manhattan. Or especially a mini-NYC. So not sure if someone tried a Toronto as a Mini-NYC would go over better.....

I am off to work....
I read this entire thread and see absolutely NOTHING by a Torontonian poster mentioning anything about Toronto in a competitive context. Context is key because there can be a discussion about two cities and when people mention well Toronto has this and that it is to provide information. It is not making a statement that Toronto will one day match and exceed a city like New York because of x,y,z.. or Toronto is better than city xyz because of.. The only thing I saw is a poster such as KLM mentioning why she prefers aspects of living in Toronto.. Her message wasn't, well I prefer elements of Toronto over NYC therefore on the pecking order of things Toronto is taking on NYC for centre of the universe title.

So really the issue here is your inability to understand the concept of context.

As a matter of fact, one poster from Toronto Shawnazizboi or whatever said Toronto is Toronto.. What he meant by that Is that it has its OWN charms and its OWN qualities and really shouldn't be compared. This is often the case with any city vs city and what gets out of hand. Its ultimately an alpha male vs like a boxing match when really the whole premise is flawed due to the unique qualities of a city and that this isn't a boxing match. You also get those that stir up an unnecessary competition by stating such X city is more beautiful or way better than Toronto or Toronto will never be city xyz.. The intention of this isn't to engage in a meaningful discussion, it is to serve other more petty and personal issues.

I certainly don't see something by the 'collective' Toronto posters in here that well we are done with Chicago now on to NYC and London.. Only YOU came to that conclusion Steeps again not being able to understand context and not being able to distinguish who is from Toronto and who is not is a big part of the problem here.

Last edited by fusion2; 10-10-2015 at 06:07 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto