Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2015, 01:18 PM

299 posts, read 316,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
So basically educated and ambitious women are not seen as desirable to men their own age. I guess they might be saying the general rule of thumb is that to be more desirable a women needs to be prettier, younger and more submissive/weaker (in terms of money, education and power)? Are you not glad you asked for their opinion now lol !
I think that's the difference between men in Toronto and, for example men in New York and men in London. The latter appreciate ambitious, independent women and aren't threatened by them. perhaps that's why my dating life went from vibrant and exciting to 0 after moving here.

Old 10-30-2015, 01:36 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times
Default Toronto, but where in Toronto ...

Maybe, but it also could be just random encounters. Where do you go out when you are in Toronto? Toronto is also a lot less population dense then both of these cities. Karasmatic mentioned this too before, but sometimes here you need an in ex to know someone in the group to get in to the mix. I do notice that here to some extent people either know each other from school, work or Church or some other circle. Not as many people observed to be out and about on their own. They usually travel in packs (yup.. even the men). I could be wrong about this, but it is just my opinion. You also might try frequenting different areas in the city. Very different vibes in different areas ex hipster Toronto vs. Stick up my xxx King and Front area ( just sort of joking about that last part :P).

Old 10-30-2015, 01:50 PM

800 posts, read 730,356 times
Maybe the toronto dating scene is flat out better if you are in your 20' s?

Old 10-30-2015, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Maybe, but it also could be just random encounters. Where do you go out when you are in Toronto? Toronto is also a lot less population dense then both of these cities. Karasmatic mentioned this too before, but sometimes here you need an in ex to know someone in the group to get in to the mix. I do notice that here to some extent people either know each other from school, work or Church or some other circle. Not as many people observed to be out and about on their own. They usually travel in packs (yup.. even the men). I could be wrong about this, but it is just my opinion. You also might try frequenting different areas in the city. Very different vibes in different areas ex hipster Toronto vs. Stick up my xxx King and Front area ( just sort of joking about that last part :P).

I go out on King St West, the Beaches, Queen West, College etc. I used to go to Brassai and 2katz, I also have membership in The Spoke and Soho House.

Dating wise I was on Tinder, OKCupid and Plenty of Fish. I was in Boston last week and I was asked for a number as soon as I pretty much stepped out of the airport. Following night a guy I met in the store took me out for drinks and I slept with him. He wants to keep in touch even though I have since came back to Toronto. I can't even find words to describe the difference.

Old 10-30-2015, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuropeanAnna View Post
I think that's the difference between men in Toronto and, for example men in New York and men in London. The latter appreciate ambitious, independent women and aren't threatened by them. perhaps that's why my dating life went from vibrant and exciting to 0 after moving here.
Toronto probably just sucks for 30 year old dating.

Old 10-30-2015, 01:57 PM

Quote:
I go out on King St West, the Beaches, Queen West, College etc. I used to go to Brassai and 2katz, I also have membership in The Spoke and Soho House.

Dating wise I was on Tinder, OKCupid and Plenty of Fish. I was in Boston last week and I was asked for a number as soon as I pretty much stepped out of the airport. Following night a guy I met in the store took me out for drinks and I slept with him. He wants to keep in touch even though I have since came back to Toronto. I can't even find words to describe the difference.
I do believe america is a more promiscuous society. People here are uptight about sex for the most part. Even the young ones. If you have experience with Americans it's definitely night and day.

Old 10-30-2015, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
Toronto probably just sucks for 30 year old dating.

I am not buying this as an explanation becuase I know girls in Toronto in their 20s who complain as much as I do.

Old 10-30-2015, 02:07 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times
Default Ok ....

Quote:

That is funny ... what a different indeed. I got no answer for that one lol.

Old 10-30-2015, 02:21 PM

Quote:
That is funny ... what a different indeed. I got no answer for that one lol.

Let me tell you what happened to my friend last night. He and few other guys were having drinks on College. They are in their mid-late 20s, my friend is from Uk, other guys were Australian.

They got a bit drunk and noticed few girls sitting on the other side of tha bar, so one of the Ozzie guys grabbed a candle, went up to the girls and said to them: " Hey girls, you wanna find out what I can do with my mouth?" and when they looked at him a bit weirded out he pouted and blew a candle. They started laughing.

When he came back to his chair, a barman, who was watching the whole thing, came up to him and gave him a speech about how his behaviour was inappropriate.

What do you think about that?

Old 10-30-2015, 02:30 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Let me tell you what happened to my friend last night. He and few other guys were having drinks on College. They are in their mid-late 20s, my friend is from Uk, other guys were Australian.

They got a bit drunk and noticed few girls sitting on the other side of tha bar, so one of the Ozzie guys grabbed a candle, went up to the girls and said to them: " Hey girls, you wanna find out what I can do with my mouth?" and when they looked at him a bit weirded out he pouted and blew a candle. They started laughing.

When he came back to his chair, a barman, who was watching the whole thing, came up to him and gave him a speech about how his behaviour was inappropriate.

What do you think about that?
An absolute diabolical liberty!!!! Personally I think everyone's entitled to have a laugh and joke when on a night out.

I think I'd be deported with in a week LOL

Btw I've not really read many threads about Canada but this one I'm hooked on its terrific
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto