Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2017, 07:38 AM

230 posts, read 259,098 times

Advertisements

I am late but I think I can explain. Toronto has some of the most beautiful I have ever seen. They behave themselves and men have options. So its like moving parts up there, so dating will be hard. I would move there in a minute to just marry a female up there. Not that good in NY area. Toronto women are smart, can converse,dance, everything.

Old 04-20-2017, 02:46 AM

178 posts, read 523,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnj1215 View Post
I am late but I think I can explain. Toronto has some of the most beautiful I have ever seen. They behave themselves and men have options. So its like moving parts up there, so dating will be hard. I would move there in a minute to just marry a female up there. Not that good in NY area. Toronto women are smart, can converse,dance, everything.
I have been living in Kiev, Ukraine for 3 years and Toronto for 20 years. It sounds to me like you are describing women form Ukraine, word-for-word.

Old 04-20-2017, 11:53 AM

230 posts, read 259,098 times
Hmm

Old 04-20-2017, 01:39 PM

800 posts, read 730,356 times
I have come to peace with everything. Especially seeing how some people who had the breaks earlier than me turned out. I'm ok. Toronto may not be that corrupt do anything to get rich mentality like most Americans. But at least they care enough so you don't live fast and die young. Something to be thankful for.

Old 04-20-2017, 07:53 PM

420 posts, read 469,843 times
I liked Toronto upon visiting but I didn't stay long enough to get the vibe if dating is really hard in Toronto. I was there last week and everyone was still wearing jackets. I would assume the weather has something to do with everyone still hybernating.

I believe the gloom is of no help too. If only Canadians are taught to step outside the box and start mating instead of hybernating, people might start looking at Canada as a tropical winter wonderland.

Also, what is wrong with men in Toronto? It's only determined by what is wrong with women as well, it flies both ways, and vice versa. Both parties need to step outside the box.

Old 06-28-2017, 07:09 AM

26 posts, read 18,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethnicappalachian View Post
I liked Toronto upon visiting but I didn't stay long enough to get the vibe if dating is really hard in Toronto. I was there last week and everyone was still wearing jackets. I would assume the weather has something to do with everyone still hybernating.

I believe the gloom is of no help too. If only Canadians are taught to step outside the box and start mating instead of hybernating, people might start looking at Canada as a tropical winter wonderland.

Also, what is wrong with men in Toronto? It's only determined by what is wrong with women as well, it flies both ways, and vice versa. Both parties need to step outside the box.
Could be. To the extent mating even happens, generally it goes something like:

She thinks: "I had a brutal day at work. I want a penis in my vagina for a while to relax and forget about it. I don't really care if a person is attached, but if a person must be attached, I guess you'll do because you look harmless and easily disposable."

But more often it actually goes: "he's cute, but I'm scared, so I'm going to try to get through the moment by faking mild feminist offendedness that he thinks he can have me without being a young star bank vice president. So I'll act like I'm of too high a quality to tolerate his banalness." And then I'll go home again alone to my toys. Thank God for all the sex shops around.

Old 06-28-2017, 10:35 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifetimeGTA View Post
Could be. To the extent mating even happens, generally it goes something like:

She thinks: "I had a brutal day at work. I want a penis in my vagina for a while to relax and forget about it. I don't really care if a person is attached, but if a person must be attached, I guess you'll do because you look harmless and easily disposable."

But more often it actually goes: "he's cute, but I'm scared, so I'm going to try to get through the moment by faking mild feminist offendedness that he thinks he can have me without being a young star bank vice president. So I'll act like I'm of too high a quality to tolerate his banalness." And then I'll go home again alone to my toys. Thank God for all the sex shops around.

LOL ...

I am sure both thoughts are possible.

Women in this city make stupid assumptions about men too.

In my early 20s despite being approached by men frequently I always assumed I was not "good enough". I thought for some reason I had to be perfect to be worth "really" loving. And I did not want to be their good enough for now girl.... you know the one they fool around with until they find someone better. So I disengaged. Friend zoned anyone. If I did decide to get physically involved with someone it was a one night stand with someone who did not know anyone I knew. Then I would ghost out because I was so scared of getting hurt.

The joke was on me though... I have seen some of the women these men ended up with and realized their standards and expectations were a lot lower then I thought lol . Who knew?

People go through different cycles. We dont all have the same mindset and we don't always know what we are looking for. I know with myself I had NO idea what I was looking for in a partner... but after trial and error I started to understand what I was not looking for in a partner. Sometimes we get hurt and sometimes we hurt other peoples. It is not so black and white. I flipped back and forth from a "good girl type" or a "bag girl type" and the varrying levels of each trying to please other people over the years ( or least that is what I though I was doing). So to assume that most women or men think or act the same well does not make sense.

There is no point villainizing all men or women in this city or anywhere else. Life is just not that simple.

Last edited by klmrocks; 06-28-2017 at 11:25 AM..

Old 07-17-2017, 11:07 AM

400 posts, read 422,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
LOL ...

I am sure both thoughts are possible.

Women in this city make stupid assumptions about men too.

In my early 20s despite being approached by men frequently I always assumed I was not "good enough". I thought for some reason I had to be perfect to be worth "really" loving. And I did not want to be their good enough for now girl.... you know the one they fool around with until they find someone better. So I disengaged. Friend zoned anyone. If I did decide to get physically involved with someone it was a one night stand with someone who did not know anyone I knew. Then I would ghost out because I was so scared of getting hurt.

The joke was on me though... I have seen some of the women these men ended up with and realized their standards and expectations were a lot lower then I thought lol . Who knew?

People go through different cycles. We dont all have the same mindset and we don't always know what we are looking for. I know with myself I had NO idea what I was looking for in a partner... but after trial and error I started to understand what I was not looking for in a partner. Sometimes we get hurt and sometimes we hurt other peoples. It is not so black and white. I flipped back and forth from a "good girl type" or a "bag girl type" and the varrying levels of each trying to please other people over the years ( or least that is what I though I was doing). So to assume that most women or men think or act the same well does not make sense.

There is no point villainizing all men or women in this city or anywhere else. Life is just not that simple.
"....Life is just not that simple...". But social life in many many other places I've personally experienced is a lot simpler than it is in the Dot. More natural. More enjoyable.

O.k., I guess I can't nor do I particularly want to bother to prove that assertion but then how do you explain the persistence of this thread...which doesn't seem to want to peter out ??

Old 07-17-2017, 04:06 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times
Lightbulb .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookyhere View Post
"....Life is just not that simple...". But social life in many many other places I've personally experienced is a lot simpler than it is in the Dot. More natural. More enjoyable.

O.k., I guess I can't nor do I particularly want to bother to prove that assertion but then how do you explain the persistence of this thread...which doesn't seem to want to peter out ??
I think the persistence to this thread speaks to the demographics of this forum in general. If you go city by city in this forum ( and likely other forums too) you are going to see similar threads like this. I have poked around other city forum threads and laughed as the same complained pop up in every city. Also basic human behaviour suggests then when people are happy they are not going to be as likely to invest the time writing about to share the great news. When people are not happy about something they will rant and rave to as many people that will listen.

Oh I just wanted to mention this because this information just came to my attention. Dating in the Ukraine COULD NEVER be compared to dating in most other places. There is around a 4 female to 1 male ratio in the Ukraine based on what I heard. So competition between women looking for a male partner is really tough. He if odds were like that in Toronto I would have been feeling the pressure to. Thanks goodness it is not !

On another note. I am not currently single... so this is not currently my problem !

If I was single and female I would be staying the heck away from the Ukraine lol !

Old 07-17-2017, 04:30 PM

295 posts, read 263,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I think the persistence to this thread speaks to the demographics of this forum in general. If you go city by city in this forum ( and likely other forums too) you are going to see similar threads like this. I have poked around other city forum threads and laughed as the same complained pop up in every city. Also basic human behaviour suggests then when people are happy they are not going to be as likely to invest the time writing about to share the great news. When people are not happy about something they will rant and rave to as many people that will listen.

Oh I just wanted to mention this because this information just came to my attention. Dating in the Ukraine COULD NEVER be compared to dating in most other places. There is around a 4 female to 1 male ratio in the Ukraine based on what I heard. So competition between women looking for a male partner is really tough. He if odds were like that in Toronto I would have been feeling the pressure to. Thanks goodness it is not !

On another note. I am not currently single... so this is not currently my problem !

If I was single and female I would be staying the heck away from the Ukraine lol !
Ukraine has more or less the same 1:1 ratio, like almost any other country. Actually, there are about 5% more women in Toronto than men (especially in downtown). The difference is that the majority of Ukranian women are family-oriented, representing good wife material. In Toronto, however, a lot of women are career-oriented and quite narcissistic. No wonder more and more Canadian men are looking for wives overseas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto