Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2015, 09:39 PM

112 posts, read 141,311 times

Advertisements

I am a 21 year old male, and I am wondering where most 21 year olds go out to on a Friday night and have fun in Toronto? I currently go out a lot and really don't really know any 21 year olds?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2015, 12:49 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,407,745 times
The University of Toronto. As I recall my years as a student there, on any given weekend, every college, including Hart House, has some sort of social gathering going on. Attending the University is not required--just valid ID if you look younger than 19. In my day, Friday nights at New College--music, beer, and plenty of 19-22-year-old women--were fun, but you may find other U of T venues more to your taste.

Regardless, at 21, you'd do better at U of T than you would, say, on Bloor Street or any place around Dundas Square.

Old 10-15-2015, 03:41 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,508,936 times
I googled "Toronto for young adults" and a few sites came up.

There are some suggestions on this site.

Old 10-15-2015, 07:57 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,867,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnAzizboii View Post
I am a 21 year old male, and I am wondering where most 21 year olds go out to on a Friday night and have fun in Toronto? I currently go out a lot and really don't really know any 21 year olds?
Most 21 year olds like to club and go to clubs on a Friday night.. You don't have a circle of friends who go out clubbing or do things on a Friday night like go to the movies or bars or something? Are you in College or Uni because that is usually where people your age develop friends and a social circle with.. That's what I was doing at 21 - getting smashed with friends on a Friday night I met at school.

Last edited by fusion2; 10-15-2015 at 08:35 PM..

Old 10-16-2015, 03:35 PM

2 posts, read 4,724 times
Grace O'malleys (refered to as Gracies) on Duncan. Full of people aged 19-23, had some interesting nights there to say the least. Thursday nights it was always busy.

Old 10-16-2015, 05:26 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,721,454 times
Hi,

I would suggest anywhere near Ryerson or U of T. The bars/ restaurants on Bloor St. West between St. George to Ossignton are always packed with people in their 20s. Also bars/ restaurants in the entertainment district and Kesington Market. There always seems to be people in their 20s hanging out side of this place on the north side of bloor between Bathursday and St. George with a black and red sign .. they have $5 stuff and it is a bar and there is always a line up of university age looking students waiting to get it ( and blocking the side walk :P hence why I noticed). A line up to get in is always a good sign. When I think of places that younger 20 year olds would want to hang out .. it would be somewhere cheaper where they could loiter. Also check out pool halls in the entertainment district... often a easy way to meet people. Myself and my female freinds use to hang out at pool halls in our late teens/ early 20s when we wanted to meet guys ( it usually worked and we all sucked so the game would go on forever lol :P)! If your good people watch you play to pick up strategies ... if you suck people watch you to get a good laugh or to give you tips). People tend to me more social in this enviroment then in a night club as you are more likely to actually hear what they are saying to start to have converstaion.

Old 10-16-2015, 07:07 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,867,852 times
How about Sneaky Dee's - I think its still a cheap punk alternative place for the early twenties crowd - College and Bathurst. Arcade Fire got their start there.

http://www.blogto.com/bars/sneakydees
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto