Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 03:53 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,459,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Actually Vancouver comes high on my list as well and maybe its because i'm just in Toronto more (obviously because I live here) but yeah, its just a pretty constant around here. I haven't been to Denver but I wouldn't be surprised given what has gone down in Colorado. Portland strikes me as a place where it would be prevalent as well.

It kind of humours me that some people are making such a big deal about the whole legalizing pot debate because its use is so widespread anyway. One way or another a large portion of the population does it and its very easy to acquire for people of all ages anyway.

I would definitely say T.O is a very tolerant city across the board though so yeah, tolerating pot use is just a part of it. I personally am not a big fan and prefer wine, craft beer and spirits but hey I never judge lol.
It's not really my thing either, but I admit, I have inhaled !

I've never bought any, and the only time I've smoked or eaten any is when I've been offered, and I wanted to be polite. LOL ( no really )

I wish people would offer me free wine, or beer instead!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2016, 05:24 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,698,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
You might be smelling skunks sometimes but chances are the city has more potheads than skunks.

If you have a really good sense of smell you might be able to discern the difference between the two odours. The skunky smelling pot that is available these days also has a very slight burning rubber background scent to it when it's burning so try to detect that burnt rubber or burnt chemical smell mixed in with the pot smell.

Real skunk oil from the animal doesn't have a background smell like burning rubber, it is much stronger, more pervasive, lasts longer and the fine airborne vapour droplets travel longer distances on breezes. If you are very close to a real skunk, even one that has not sprayed recently, the skunky vapours in the air will make your eyes sting and water a bit and it may make your nose runny and make you gag too. If the skunk does spray you or your vicinity the smell and its effect will be magnified 100 times over. It's strong enough it not only blinds and sickens larger animals but it can also stun very small animals (like mice or rats) into unconsciousness. There is no mistaking THAT fresh sprayed smell for a skunky pot smell.

Skunks are non-aggressive, docile creatures who won't spray you unless you are very clearly coming right at them, threatening them with gestures and being obnoxious towards them. If you do see a skunk facing you then naturally you should avoid it but just continue on your way in an unthreatening manner. Most skunks who are just going about their business are shy and will try to avoid you too.

However, skunks do give plenty of fair warning so if the skunk stamps its feet at you, or shrieks at you, or stands upright on its hind feet to look right at you then turns facing away from you but looking over its shoulder directly at you and has its tail raised and cocked to the side - RUN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION. FAST. It's probably a mother skunk with babies hiding nearby and she is warning her babies as well as preparing to defend them against you.

Skunks enjoy the company of cats and are attracted to come visiting at homes (or back alleys) where there are cats. If you have pet cats that are allowed outdoors, or feral city cats that get fed outdoors, that will attract skunks to your home/neighbourhood.

Oh my god! 99% of the time I am walking around at night with my head phones on full blast lol. I doubt I am going notice a little dark coloured animal stamping it tiny feet and shriek at me until it is too late ! My skunk phobia just bumped up a notch. What if the little bugger is just in a bad mood or is rabid? I don't care if it might be a cat, rat, bunny, squirl, racoon ... if I see something fuzzy in the grass/ bushes moving around I am taking off and not waiting for any possible non-verbal cues.

Again.. I just came back from walking around St. Clair and there is no way a sane skunk or animal would be walking around the area I was in and up from the open window above the store I was passing by was the aroma of pot (and this time I am certain as I did not see anything fuzzy stomping around ).

Old 03-05-2016, 11:05 PM

15,106 posts, read 15,795,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
It's not really my thing either, but I admit, I have inhaled !

I've never bought any, and the only time I've smoked or eaten any is when I've been offered, and I wanted to be polite. LOL ( no really )

I wish people would offer me free wine, or beer instead!
Ha the only times I've done it was when I visited one friend - a stoner but that was many many moons ago.. Lets just say the friend was worth it

Free wine and beer - yup sign me up.. Hey btw do you like Red Racer IPA? I really enjoy it!!

Old 03-06-2016, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Oh my god! 99% of the time I am walking around at night with my head phones on full blast lol. I doubt I am going notice a little dark coloured animal stamping it tiny feet and shriek at me until it is too late ! My skunk phobia just bumped up a notch. What if the little bugger is just in a bad mood or is rabid? I don't care if it might be a cat, rat, bunny, squirl, racoon ... if I see something fuzzy in the grass/ bushes moving around I am taking off and not waiting for any possible non-verbal cues.

Again.. I just came back from walking around St. Clair and there is no way a sane skunk or animal would be walking around the area I was in and up from the open window above the store I was passing by was the aroma of pot (and this time I am certain as I did not see anything fuzzy stomping around ).
TBH KLM, I've rarely seen a Skunk in the city. Of course they are around and i'm no expert on Skunks at all but I think either they have a limited population or just aren't that bold a creature and are well adept at staying clear of us. The one animal who is BOLD in this city, in great numbers and you see quite often and shockingly in your face with no shame - RACCOONS.

Old 03-06-2016, 11:12 AM

5,813 posts, read 6,016,755 times
One time I was walking past the abattoir on Niagara/Wellington and saw two skunks shortly after the other, some time around 9-10pm in the summer.

Otherwise I've mostly seen them in the suburbs, usually at night or early morning or evenings. I saw skunks twice with my dog off-leash. Once was in the Blue Ridge Mountains, fortunately my dog didn't see it. The other time my dog did see it and because of her great interest in little furry things ignored me and went off to check it out. The skunk stood its ground and my dog stopped a little confused about how to proceed since most little furry things run away from her. It was far away so I had a hard time to tell what was happening but maybe the skunk stomped its feet or communicated something to my dog because she ran back to me normal smelling.

Old 03-06-2016, 11:20 AM

3,850 posts, read 5,265,750 times
The stinkier the ganja the better. I would say the people you are passing have good taste.

Old 03-06-2016, 12:56 PM

I know we do have skunks in the city. I have seen then, but more in residential areas and late at night, but not really a regular thing. I 100% agree you are more likely to see a racoon or squirel. Today again walking around and there was this guys walking down the street something a joint. I am thinking Toronto is going to start being one happy city through one second hand high after another.

Old 03-06-2016, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I know we do have skunks in the city. I have seen then, but more in residential areas and late at night, but not really a regular thing. I 100% agree you are more likely to see a racoon or squirel. Today again walking around and there was this guys walking down the street something a joint. I am thinking Toronto is going to start being one happy city through one second hand high after another.
Hopefully it starts wafting towards some of the racists and haters in this city to calm them the F down and provide some clarity.

Old 03-06-2016, 05:05 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,353,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post

If you have a really good sense of smell you might be able to discern the difference between the two odours. The skunky smelling pot that is available these days also has a very slight burning rubber background scent to it when it's burning so try to detect that burnt rubber or burnt chemical smell mixed in with the pot smell.

What the... Burning rubber background scent? ......Ummm weed is not supposed to smell like that. I hate to tell you this but you probably had your weed laced with crack.

Old 03-06-2016, 05:33 PM

Default Lol ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Hopefully it starts wafting towards some of the racists and haters in this city to calm them the F down and provide some clarity.
One can only hope !!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto