Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2018, 10:30 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,879,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
So some Black people got into fight? Whites don't get into fights? LOL
OMG - some street fights going on in the 4th largest city on the continent. Oh and as much as gang violence and gang activity is reprehensible - it is something that has been going on in pretty much EVERY city on earth for as long as there have been cities. Toronto's gang violence is still pretty low for such a large N.A city. Somehow though - we need to do something about it cuz its Toronto - I mean let's disband the city and just go back to the lily prim and proper Victorian era - it'll be so much safer and Canadian lol..

Last edited by fusion2; 05-29-2018 at 11:09 PM..

Old 05-29-2018, 10:32 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,405,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
OMG - some street fights going on in the 4th largest city on the continent. Oh and as much as gang violence and gang activity is reprehensible - it is something that has been going on in pretty much EVERY city on earth for as long as there has been cities. Toronto's gang violence is still pretty low for such a large N.A city. Somehow though - we need to do something about it cuz its Toronto - I mean let's disband the city and just go back to the lily prim and proper Victorian era - it'll be so much safer and Canadian lol..
LOL.

Old 05-29-2018, 10:39 PM

Quote:
This is because Christianity is still Canadas biggest religion. Not quite as secular as you were trying to paint it. Do you think Muslims have less problems with gays?
Well sure but that is why I was clear that I was talking about in our laws and in our constitution and not religious majorities . Would you feel comfortable with our laws coming from the Bible? Would you rather a Catholic Priest write our laws?

As for muslims having less problems with gays - it is really a difficult nut to crack. I think it is a reasonable assumption that they are definitely more conservative than say your run of the mill legacy Christian person in the country. I don't think their religion is any more or any less for or against homosexuality than Christianity in written text. The bible doesn't paint a friendly picture of homosexuality or a lot of topics. As you know - religion to religion i'm not a fan of either lol..

I think it is also a generational thing - younger people or just people who have been around the city/country longer are probably more tolerant. They don't have to like a certain group but respect the fact that we all have a right to live our lives in this country free of discrimination is something they can assimilate into. They as minorities may actually respect and understand that all too well actually.

My dealings with Muslims at work and personal life has been largely very friendly and respectful. They know i'm gay and we get along fine. Now do they go home and say - I love gays and would relish a society with more - I doubt it lol but I think they get that this society is an inclusive and respectful one of differences.

Old 05-29-2018, 11:00 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,755 times
Quote:
So some Black people got into fight? Whites don't get into fights? LOL
Not as often as blacks do that's for sure. And I bet if you asked people who they saw involved in fights the majority of the time they'd tell you the same. There's a reason why certain groups of minorities wanted to end the Student Resource Officer program even though the majority of students surveyed were either in favor of it and thought it was a positive program that helped or were at most indifferent to it, but regardless they still bent to the will of the minority who felt 'targeted and threatened' LOL or in other words they didn't like cops watching them behave badly.

Quote:
OMG - some street fights going on in the 4th largest city on the continent. Oh and as much as gang violence and gang activity is reprehensible - it is something that has been going on in pretty much EVERY city on earth for as long as there has been cities. Toronto's gang violence is still pretty low for such a large N.A city. Somehow though - we need to do something about it cuz its Toronto - I mean let's disband the city and just go back to the lily prim and proper Victorian era - it'll be so much safer and Canadian lol..
The point is violence, crime and general disturbances vastly involve black people. If you want to dispute this then clearly you're not living in reality. I will never understand how people can't grasp a simple concept or maybe they just don't want to admit to it, that different groups of people commit different rates of crime and violence and that the group that has the highest rates simply refuse to fix those issues in part because there are plenty of people to make excuses for them and keep telling them that its not their fault EVER.

Old 05-29-2018, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post

The point is violence, crime and general disturbances vastly involve black people. If you want to dispute this then clearly you're not living in reality. I will never understand how people can't grasp a simple concept or maybe they just don't want to admit to it, that different groups of people commit different rates of crime and violence and that the group that has the highest rates simply refuse to fix those issues in part because there are plenty of people to make excuses for them and keep telling them that its not their fault EVER.
I don't think I've EVER stated that blacks don't commit a disproportionate amount of crime in this city. Never ever have I said that so I will never understand how YOU can't grasp that simple fact! That is EASY to agree with as it is statistically factual. The difficult part is how do we deal with it and in that I find your solutions narrow minded, limited and quite frankly unproductive.

Old 05-29-2018, 11:32 PM

Quote:
I don't think I've EVER stated that blacks don't commit a disproportionate amount of crime in this city. Never ever have I said that so I will never understand how YOU can't grasp that simple fact! That is EASY to agree with as it is statistically factual. .
Why do you think that is Fusion?

Old 05-29-2018, 11:37 PM

Back in the late 90s and early 2000s I remember hearing alot about Sri Lankan gangs kicking up dust in Toronto. They seem to have died down though.

Old 05-29-2018, 11:40 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,755 times
Quote:
I don't think I've EVER stated that blacks don't commit a disproportionate amount of crime in this city. Never ever have I said that so I will never understand how YOU can't grasp that simple fact! That is EASY to agree with as it is statistically factual. The difficult part is how do we deal with it and in that I find your solutions narrow minded, limited and quite frankly unproductive.
You just stated in your last post that street fights were a normal occurance in large cities, but you don't mention that the number of street fights or general public disturbances would fall dramatically if black people weren't committing the vast majority of them. Then you mention that gang violence is problem in most major cities, but again you don't mention that removing gang violence involving blacks would mean overnight the amounts of gun violence and street violence in general would drop to very low levels.

So no this is NOT normal activity in a large city, this is normal activity in every large city that has a significant black population in practically every country in the world. In the absence of black violence and crime, its not like non-black related violence and crime would rise to take its place, it would remain the same or perhaps go even lower.

As for dealing with this problem, we've tried all manner of things over the years with black people crying and complaining about it every step of the way. I fully believe there is NOT ONE solution that anyone could ever possibly come up with that would be effective and at the same time not cause black people to get angry and complain about it. Its simply impossible. This is why the problem will never go away because NO solution will ever be satisfactory for black people to get on board with it. Even asking them to raise their kids better is considered racist even though that's probably one of the most important things that can greatly help with their crime and violence problems.

Old 05-29-2018, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Why do you think that is Fusion?
I think it is pretty solid statistically that when accounting crime to groups in the city - black groups do commit a disproportionate amount of crime relative their overall population. This observation is easy to observe - the tough part is finding the best solutions for the problem.

Old 05-29-2018, 11:49 PM

Quote:
I think it is pretty solid statistically that when accounting crime to groups in the city - black groups do commit a disproportionate amount of crime relative their overall population. This observation is easy to observe - the tough part is finding the best solutions for the problem.
Yeah I meant why is that blacks commit a disproportionate amount of crime in Toronto?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto