Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2018, 09:00 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,301,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I'm not worried about the changing demographic. Remember for every new person coming in there is an offspring assimilating into a western value system. How many 21 year old Muslims born in Canada for instance, are going to be as conservative as their parents. Chances are they are a byproduct but more so they are simply Canadian with our value system.

That said, there is no guarantee that a white kid in rural Saskatchewan is simply going to be a gay rights supporter. You can have a Gay Muslim in Toronto or Montreal and a straight, rural Canadian and anti-gay white kid. The matter isn't black or white.

Weren't the Khadrs born in Canada?

These are second generation "Moderate" muslims in the UK.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjyZ6vQss3s&t=159

Old 05-31-2018, 09:04 PM

15,109 posts, read 15,711,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Weren't the Khadrs born in Canada?
C'mon UL you are using one outlier example.. That family was just right f*ked up and you know it. We can all use little cherry picked examples. Don't be like Max here generalizing everyone for the deeds of a few outliers - even if they are horrific.

Old 05-31-2018, 09:09 PM

Quote:
C'mon UL you are using one outlier example.. That family was just right f*ked up and you know it. We can all use little cherry picked examples. Don't be like Max here generalizing everyone for the deeds of a few outliers - even if they are horrific.
Are you saying they are the only case? Come on Fusion, really? There have been quite a few cases of Canadian muslims going off to join ISIS. What about our service men that were killed in Ottawa and Quebec?

Did you watch the video I posted? They don't all have to be extremist to have bad views. Those guys are considered "moderates".

Old 05-31-2018, 09:14 PM

Quote:
. Don't be like Max here generalizing everyone for the deeds of a few outliers - even if they are horrific.
Max is calling out people by the color of their skin. I have done no such thing. We have no choice what color or ethnicity we are born into, we can't help that. Religion is another matter.

Old 05-31-2018, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Are you saying they are the only case? Come on Fusion, really? There have been quite a few cases of Canadian muslims going off to join ISIS. What about our service men that were killed in Ottawa and Quebec?

Did you watch the video I posted? They don't all have to be extremist to have bad views. Those guys are considered "moderates".
A lot of those Canadians were pretty solidly white people too and that is not just in Canada - a lot of westerners joined ISIS. It was almost like a sick cult. ISIS is simply not a reflection of the Muslim world. The problem is you have these offshoot groups in the name of islam doing sick things that have nothing to do with how most muslims are.

Seriously though - what do you want me to do about this UL. All i'm seeing here is yammering and yammering about Islam and muslims here. I personally think most Muslims in this country are good people trying to lead a good life like you and me. I'm not going to defend every whack element of Islam or any whack element of any group that is causing problems but yeah - I just get the impression that your constant hit on Islam and Muslim in general is over the top and you aren't seeing the forest through some bad trees.

Anyway enough of me being on the hot seat and defensive over this sh*t.. What is your concern and what exactly should we do about it? Deport Muslims in this country because of a grave danger to it. Curb muslim immigration to lower to nil levels. Like what - i'm not the defender of Islam here - I ain't no Mohammed so what ya gonna do buddy or what ya wanna do about it?

Old 05-31-2018, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Max is calling out people by the color of their skin. I have done no such thing. We have no choice what color or ethnicity we are born into, we can't help that. Religion is another matter.
Doesn't matter I think you are hitting on a whole group of people for the actions of a few. Yes Religion is in my opinion dangerous f*ked up fiction but what do you want me to do - destroy religion. Sorry bud - i'm not that powerful but If I had my way i'd go back a few thousand years and say to people - yeah these stories are BS lol.

Old 05-31-2018, 09:40 PM

Quote:
A lot of those Canadians were pretty solidly white people too and that is not just in Canada - a lot of westerners joined ISIS.
Exactly! What did thay have in common?

Old 05-31-2018, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Doesn't matter I think you are hitting on a whole group of people for the actions of a few. Yes Religion is in my opinion dangerous f*ked up fiction but what do you want me to do - destroy religion. Sorry bud - i'm not that powerful but If I had my way i'd go back a few thousand years and say to people - yeah these stories are BS lol.

It does matter. I know you don't want to accept it, but a persons beliefs have nothing to do with skin color or ethnicity.

Old 05-31-2018, 09:50 PM

Quote:
It does matter. I know you don't want to accept it, but a persons beliefs have nothing to do with skin color or ethnicity.
UL - you're focussing on the feathers of my comments.. Please answer my questions about what you propose as a solution to the problems with this group and religion and their 'collective' beliefs. What do you want to do with these people..... The one's here and the one's coming in. Do you want to change immigration laws. Do you want to gather them up in concentration camps and wash away the Islam? Like what?

I know you aren't gonna say well if people followed the Bible to a T and we based our laws on the bible that this society would f*cked up so let's just focus on Muslims and Islams.. What the f*ck do you want to do about this.. Stop trying to pin me in the corner on this issue. I said my piece - you don't agree and that is fine so now it is your turn to expand on it. Don't dodge things with a focus on stupid feathers. What ya gonna do with this Turkey!

Old 05-31-2018, 09:58 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,670,886 times
Default ....

Quote:
Exactly! What did thay have in common?
They have the same things in common as people that decided to join gangs like MS13, the KKK, crips, tamal tigers, etc

Finally the tread is coming full circle back to the topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto