Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 10:49 PM

15,106 posts, read 15,800,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
He generates the league tens of millions if no hundress of millions. America is not like canada. If you are cash cow i sports you get a pass especially if it's not a serious offense. Hell even if it is you get a pass. This is why canada will suck at sports. You don't treat superstars like superstars. Always would rather follow the rules even if it means staying mediocre. Even though throughout history the most powerful always bend and break the rules. Probably why canada is a weak country that relies on alliances with other countries to remain safe. Yes I just compared sports to the military and economic standing.

That being said the blue jays are really the only toronto team I truly care about. It's cool if the raptors win but its funny seeing them lose and the we the north fan base tremble with sadness. Toronto fans thinks it's the best but the rest of the cities probably find it obnoxious lime the drunk dude that won't shut up.
Oh I know he generates money but the rules are the rules.. Besides, even in the U.S professional sports players have been suspended for violating the rules.. He can't keep flagrantly thumbing his nose at the rules or it'll escalate to the point that he becomes a burden as opposed to an asset. Now is the time to get him in line.. Its for his own good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2016, 10:55 PM

800 posts, read 727,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Oh I know he generates money but the rules are the rules.. Besides, even in the U.S professional sports players have been suspended for violating the rules.. He can't keep flagrantly thumbing his nose at the rules or it'll escalate to the point that he becomes a burden as opposed to an asset. Now is the time to get him in line.. Its for his own good.
How? Do you even know who Dwayne wade is? I'd suggest you look him up. Rather than speak on subjects you clearly know nothing about. Hell get a warning in a closed setting but that's it. He's to big of a super Stat and america treats there stars WELL! TRUST ME.

Old 05-09-2016, 11:04 PM

Quote:
How? Do you even know who Dwayne wade is? I'd suggest you look him up. Rather than speak on subjects you clearly know nothing about. Hell get a warning in a closed setting but that's it. He's to big of a super Stat and america treats there stars WELL! TRUST ME.
Look I knows its been awhile and you are excited to be engaging in discussion with me again but you don't have to be condescending and deliberately trying to hurt my feelings. I clearly wrote that he should get a warning. I didn't say he should get a suspension right off the bat.. Now after that closed door meeting he does it again than yes he should get suspended. Big super stars in the NBA have been suspended before for breaking the rules. Doesn't mean they aren't treated well.

Old 05-09-2016, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Look I knows its been awhile and you are excited to be engaging in discussion with me again but you don't have to be condescending and deliberately trying to hurt my feelings. I clearly wrote that he should get a warning. I didn't say he should get a suspension right off the bat.. Now after that closed door meeting he does it again than yes he should get suspended. Big super stars in the NBA have been suspended before for breaking the rules. Doesn't mean they aren't treated well.
I dot care about your feelings. You know nothing about basketball and the nba. You came in here to whine about a player who clearly doesn't care about the canadian national anthem. Only Canadians really care. And in case you didn't notice. The Miami Heat are with much more than the toronto raptors. In america money talks the loudest. They ate not going to suspend the biggest superstar of the series and risk millions of dollars in viewership doing so because it is the right thing or some Canadians feelings got hurt. Money talks in america.

Old 05-10-2016, 03:50 PM

Quote:
I dot care about your feelings. .
Oh wow and you say I can't comprehend others' viewpoints.. Is this the twilight zone or something....

Old 05-10-2016, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Oh wow and you say I can't comprehend others' viewpoints.. Is this the twilight zone or something....
You can troll better than that.

Old 05-10-2016, 05:58 PM

Quote:
You can troll better than that.

Old 05-12-2016, 06:50 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,699,725 times
Default Pearl Jam : p!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Hey the Pearl Jam concert I am going to got reschedule from Wednesday May 11th to Thursday May 12th for the Raptor game to be held there .. what the heck. I did not realize that could be done ... so if a bunch of music fan are going to be inconvenienced for them to use the venue ... they better win the game!
It looks like the band was at the game yesterday ! Lights off and first song in and the aroma of pot fills the room .... lol!

Old 05-13-2016, 08:52 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,230,839 times
OK Toronto - get it done in game 7, please.

Old 05-13-2016, 09:04 PM

Toronto going to be nuts for for game 7. But I know the rest are going to to see if Dwayne wade is going to Dwayne wade.

I do think Lowry or DeRozan is gone after this so this may be the closet they get to a championship in a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto