Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 08:17 PM

800 posts, read 729,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post
Don't think it has much to do with Tory. It has more to do with the fact that the Raptors best player, would be the 4th best player on the Cavs if he went to Cleveland.
Lol. I was trying to be facetious. Guess it didn't work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 08:22 PM

3,862 posts, read 5,284,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
Lol. I was trying to be facetious. Guess it didn't work.

I know man. The chance of any nba player reading that letter before a playoff game, is pretty much nill.

Old 05-17-2016, 08:35 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,389,805 times
stick to Hockey, Raptors are Cavs B*tch, can you spell S-W-E-E-P? I have courtside seats Thursday and I feel ripped off due to expected blow out . Keep in mind the Cavs have been sitting for 9 days so the first game should be the game y'all steal..

Old 05-17-2016, 08:43 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,862,695 times
Well I guess Cleveland needs something about it to make it feel like T.O's its B*tch lol..

Last edited by fusion2; 05-17-2016 at 08:58 PM..

Old 05-17-2016, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
stick to Hockey, Raptors are Cavs B*tch, can you spell S-W-E-E-P? I have courtside seats Thursday and I feel ripped off due to expected blow out . Keep in mind the Cavs have been sitting for 9 days so the first game should be the game y'all steal..
It's your year man. Everyone's the cavs b*tch

Even okc or gsw. Yall looking way too good out there.

Old 05-17-2016, 09:50 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,389,805 times
k
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
They really don't. They never said that when Vince carter was their though. But then again back then toronto fans never proclaimed themselves best in the nba. Nor was their a we the north campaign that more than likely annoys most Americans. Not because it's a good team you cant hate that. But more so they find fans obnoxious. I mean it's a great fan base but not if you are not a toronot raptor. its probably a lot like the atmosphere you find when there are 100 000 people watching Michigan vs Michigan state every year. A bunch of hostile drunks that are probably yelling at nba analysts how much they suck lol. The praise tsn and sports net though. So you can pretty much expect blind patriotism on both sides. You can't really get mad when Americans do it. Canada is just as bad
to be honest I doubt any American is aware of the campaign you are talking about, for that matter they have no sense of the identity of this team north of the border. Guess it's a good thing to have a foreign team compete in the playoffs of an American game, if nothing else it keeps up the support for the team to keep a viable team in Canada

Old 05-17-2016, 10:01 PM

Quote:
k

to be honest I doubt any American is aware of the campaign you are talking about, for that matter they have no sense of the identity of this team north of the border. Guess it's a good thing to have a foreign team compete in the playoffs of an American game, if nothing else it keeps up the support for the team to keep a viable team in Canada
Well since you probably wont lose a game you won't feel the wrath of we the north fan base. Actually just wait until game 3 and tell me how you feel.

Old 05-18-2016, 10:44 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,420,786 times
Quote:
stick to Hockey, Raptors are Cavs B*tch

Ugly American. Apologies.

Most Clevelanders are not as rabid and insulting as IMO the denizens of the likes of Boston, Philadelphia and Chicago.

My understanding is that many Toronto sports fans understand this and enjoy visits to Cleveland, especially to see the Blue Jays play at Progressive Field. I've noticed this when reading tripadvisor.com reviews of Progressive Field.

BTW, Toronto visitors to Cleveland might be surprised by the Cleveland's relative amenities, including Cedar Point one hour west of downtown and Ohio Amish Country to the east and south, let alone Cleveland's world-class cultural institutions, including the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g...Cleveland.html

Old 05-18-2016, 03:04 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,954,514 times
The Raptors were dealt a bad hand, despite going 56-26 and leading the franchise to its best record in history, as well as the only 50+ win season in franchise history, the Raptors will struggle against the Cavaliers.

Lowry and DeRozan are both high volume shooters, they're not incredibly efficient. Toronto needs more frontcourt help to just have a chance. The building blocks for the future are there and at the end of the day, you play in the pillowsoft and weak Eastern Conference. So the future will remain bright as long as Toronto continues to add depth to its bench and frontcourt positions.

Old 05-18-2016, 04:15 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,420,786 times
I read that the Cavs fans were shouting USA at Game 1. That really surprised me.

I haven't read a single media account that pitched the eastern finals as a national contest, which would be tough when most of the Raptor players are American, and Tristan Thompson, a Canadian, is a key player on the Cavs.

What I do think heightened the interest in the Cavs/Raptors series is that Toronto fared so well in the regular season versus the Cavs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto