Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 08:20 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,228,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I love that Toronto's prosperity p****S you off and grinds you so. The city must be doing something right to elicit statements such as this. Toronto's not perfect, but on the whole must be doing a lot of things right and moving in the right direction to get ribbed the way it does by those like you. Makes me smile. With Toronto's exploding gay population who knows - one day like me, you might be married to a Torontonian and you'll be living here too - such divine justice.. Awwww neighbours... Muah
I swear that guy is gonna have an annurism one day, lol. He just hates Canada and Toronto so much it's a joke!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2016, 12:34 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,340,269 times
Quote:
Any idea what the median family income is in the U.S?

2013 in Canada it was 76,550

Median total income, by family type, by province and territory (All census families)

I did a basic google search and i'm coming up with a lot lower of a number for U.S median family incomes than in Canada but wanted to get another perspective as my search parameters could be flawed.
Median household income in Canada is definitely lower than the U.S. Mean household income is lower still. So are per capita income and disposable household income.

There was a point a few years back where the median household income was virtually the same, due to strong Canadian dollar, but that has receded.

The most current numbers, in terms of per capita GDP-

IMF- U.S. is about 56k, Canada is about 43k

World Bank- U.S. is about 56k, Canada about 43k

UN- U.S. is about 55k, Canada about 50k

Keep in mind these numbers don't take into account COL, which is generally somewhat higher in Canada. Higher home prices, higher taxes, and higher priced consumer goods.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...al)_per_capita

Old 07-09-2016, 04:25 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,879,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Median household income in Canada is definitely lower than the U.S. Mean household income is lower still. So are per capita income and disposable household income.

There was a point a few years back where the median household income was virtually the same, due to strong Canadian dollar, but that has receded.

The most current numbers, in terms of per capita GDP-

IMF- U.S. is about 56k, Canada is about 43k

World Bank- U.S. is about 56k, Canada about 43k

UN- U.S. is about 55k, Canada about 50k

Keep in mind these numbers don't take into account COL, which is generally somewhat higher in Canada. Higher home prices, higher taxes, and higher priced consumer goods.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...al)_per_capita
What is the median household income in the U.S? I'm not asking for per cap GDP either in nominal or ppp terms so you didn't answer my question with a figure you just said it was definitely lower. You provided figures for per cap incomes which I won't dispute as i'm well aware of them.

I want to see you type what the median household income is in the U.S.... I know you know that figure - type it.

Old 07-09-2016, 04:32 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,879,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North 42 View Post
I swear that guy is gonna have an annurism one day, lol. He just hates Canada and Toronto so much it's a joke!
Yeah i'm not sure where that all is coming from. I have zero interest in L.A.. I'm sure its a fine place but of all the major U.S metro's it is the least appealing for me. Do you know how many times I go into the L.A forums to squawk about L.A - nadda.. Even if L.A people are praising all its glories in their own eyes - i'll let them live their reality or fantasy. I mean I post a lot here about T.O - I have an excuse its my home town and I like it. Manitopiaa and Nola aren't from here - don't live here and are constantly talking smack about it - its incredibly amusing to watch them spew their T.O hate.. It makes you think - what did T.O do to you to make you react this way. We get it you don't like it - normally you just pass over something you don't like.

Look at my post history about L.A.. Of the thousands of posts I've made in this forum maybe 4 or 5 are L.A related. Manitopiaa's posts probably 80 percent are Canada hate and a lot of those Toronto. Nola less but still - of all his posts about Toronto almost all of them are talking smack. Like wtf lol.... You don't like the city - you think its insignificant ok well don't post about it. Do you talk a disproportionate amount of time about Regina - no so why Toronto.. Strange!

Last edited by fusion2; 07-09-2016 at 04:56 PM..

Old 07-10-2016, 02:11 AM

2,868 posts, read 2,820,228 times
Quote:
Yeah i'm not sure where that all is coming from. I have zero interest in L.A.. I'm sure its a fine place but of all the major U.S metro's it is the least appealing for me. Do you know how many times I go into the L.A forums to squawk about L.A - nadda.. Even if L.A people are praising all its glories in their own eyes - i'll let them live their reality or fantasy. I mean I post a lot here about T.O - I have an excuse its my home town and I like it. Manitopiaa and Nola aren't from here - don't live here and are constantly talking smack about it - its incredibly amusing to watch them spew their T.O hate.. It makes you think - what did T.O do to you to make you react this way. We get it you don't like it - normally you just pass over something you don't like.

Look at my post history about L.A.. Of the thousands of posts I've made in this forum maybe 4 or 5 are L.A related. Manitopiaa's posts probably 80 percent are Canada hate and a lot of those Toronto. Nola less but still - of all his posts about Toronto almost all of them are talking smack. Like wtf lol.... You don't like the city - you think its insignificant ok well don't post about it. Do you talk a disproportionate amount of time about Regina - no so why Toronto.. Strange!
L.A.? I'm not from Los Angeles, so not sure where that came from. I'm actually from Greater Washington, which is a wonderful place absent the heat And Los Angeles is the cultural juggernaut of the West and DC is the political mecca of the world. I think they can hold up on their own

Old 07-10-2016, 10:12 AM

LA is one of the great cities of the world; one of the most iconic places on the planet.

It may not have the things specifically preferred on C-D (downtown condo boxes, everyone forced on PT) but it's a great city regardless. Only NYC tops it in the Americas.

Old 07-10-2016, 10:37 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
LA is one of the great cities of the world; one of the most iconic places on the planet.

It may not have the things specifically preferred on C-D (downtown condo boxes, everyone forced on PT) but it's a great city regardless. Only NYC tops it in the Americas.
Hollywood is iconic, and most people who haven't been there have a filtered view of it, depending on where in the world they live.

LA itself is known through TV and movies, again, not the best way to get to know a place. I find people have two visions of LA/Hollywood.

One it being a cultural of fakery and shallow values, situated in a sun soaked polluted wasteland of crime and drugs.

The other, a paradise of palm trees, movie stars, movie studios, theme parks beaches and glamour.

Of course the real LA/Hollywood really isn't either. I think some might be a little surprised at the diversity, the cultural things to see ( The Getty museums for instance ) the neighbourhoods and some lovely outlying areas.

I've mentioned in the other posts that I particularly like South Pasadena.

Of course there are things I don't like about LA, traffic, for one.

Old 07-10-2016, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manitopiaaa View Post
L.A.? I'm not from Los Angeles, so not sure where that came from. I'm actually from Greater Washington, which is a wonderful place absent the heat And Los Angeles is the cultural juggernaut of the West and DC is the political mecca of the world. I think they can hold up on their own
Political Mecca of the world? Lol, try political Mecca of the US surrounded by violent ghettos, persistent racial tensions and gun violence, yep, that sounds just wonderful!

Old 07-10-2016, 11:14 AM

Quote:

Yup, SFH sprawling endlessly and everyone relying on cars to get anywhere, causing some of the worst traffic gridlock on the planet, sounds awesome!

Old 07-10-2016, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North 42 View Post
Yup, SFH sprawling endlessly and everyone relying on cars to get anywhere, causing some of the worst traffic gridlock on the planet, sounds awesome.
LA has some of the least sprawl in the U.S., and has very minimal traffic congestion compared to horrible gridlock cities like Cairo, Mexico City, Sao Paulo, etc.

And aren't you a Toronto defender? Toronto has, for first world standards, horrific traffic, and is much harder to get around than in LA. There are like two urban freeways in Toronto. The major surface arterials are tiny, and there are tons of dead-end streets.

LA is quite easy to get around, with a MASSIVE network of freeways and arterials. When I lived in Corona del Mar, I would head into LA basically every weekend, and that's 45 miles away. Yeah, heavy traffic, but it moves. In Toronto that would be much more difficult, despite being a much smaller city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto