Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 06:17 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,045 times

Advertisements

I LOVE jewelry. It is like little pieces of art work that can just turn around any look. With one jewelry flip you can add interest, intensity and drama to any day.

Looking back over the last 30 something years roaming the streets of this city I have lost boat loads of jewelry ranging from all prices and materials and not once have I gotten any of these items back!

I have little mountains of pretty earings waiting in dark drawers ...lonely, sad and longing to be reunited with their other half .

In the last 6 months alone I have lost around $650 in Pandora Jewelry .... 3 charms ( 1 fairly take charm, heart clip, another S clip) and one 14 k gold ring to be exact.

A few months ago I was looking online and there was this man who had found a full Silver Pandora Charm Bracelet down town in the business district and had the kindness to post an add looking to return it to the person who had lost it. Please note that this bracelet is very likely worth around $1500 to $2000 dollars as each little bead/charm ranges form $40 to up to $800 dollars and a full bracelet holds around 22 charms give or take.

So back to my point .... so if you find any sparkly looking objects such as jewelry .... especially one side of an earing dropping a quick little social media note to help reunited it with its owner would greatly be appreciated .

#save the bling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2017, 12:15 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,006,450 times
LOL. Is that what is known as a First World problem?

If I found lost bling I'd pawn it.

Old 01-10-2017, 01:05 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,031,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post

I've been melting down the stuff I find in an old coffee can

Old 01-10-2017, 01:26 PM

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post

Yes ... I guess it is . But it is still problem.

Old 01-10-2017, 01:34 PM

Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I've been melting down the stuff I find in an old coffee can

Not worth the effort. Cost of jewelry has more to do with design rather then the actual value of the material used to make it. How I found out ... my husband got me these totally ugly 18 or 24 K gold earings ... I tired to sell them and by weight it would not be worth selling them. He paid like 5 to 6 times what I would have got for it. But if you would like to explain how that melting down metal wtih a can situation goes ... I might have a go at it and try to make those earings in to something worth wearing ! Also the purity of most metals to make jewelry is questionable ex Pandora which charges an arm and a leg for their stuff if not actually 100% pure silver other wise it would be too easy for the stuff to sratch. Swarovski jewerly is not make with a real silver or gold.

Old 01-11-2017, 05:41 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,860,485 times
Speaking of which KLM, maybe you should head down to those pawn shops down at the Church and Queen St E. area, who knows you might be able to buy back your jewelry. If not you might find something unique that you like!

Old 01-11-2017, 08:03 PM

Default : )!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Speaking of which KLM, maybe you should head down to those pawn shops down at the Church and Queen St E. area, who knows you might be able to buy back your jewelry. If not you might find something unique that you like!

Oh ... I know those shops well , but they can be a huge hit or miss. I like nice things... but I never pay regular price. The secrete to minimize cost in any transaction is to cut out as many of the middle men as possible. Ex you buy from a pawn shop they need to mark up to make a profit. To get the best price you need to try to buy directly from the seller. Anyone out there who was fast enough to catch what I first wrote ... lucky you ... because I just shared my secrete to how I scored big on jewelry with a significantly smaller start up investment !).

Last edited by klmrocks; 01-11-2017 at 08:46 PM..

Old 01-14-2017, 11:38 AM

1,433 posts, read 1,508,286 times
Finders, keepers!

If anyone is that fond of his/her jewellery, he or she would take better care of it.

Old 01-14-2017, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daynet View Post
Finders, keepers!

If anyone is that fond of his/her jewellery, he or she would take better care of it.

I am not sure why people are not scared to keep found items. Jewelry is a very personal thing. People can forum attachments to it.... and sometimes attachments to the person who finds it. Did no one watch Haunted Collector... the TV show.

Regardless if it helps me get my stuff back I should share all my stuff is hardcore cursed. I loose something ... light a few candles .. say some stuff and snap... whoever finds and keeps it has just swallowed a life time of bad luck.

So in short keep it at your own risk .

Old 01-15-2017, 05:42 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,714,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post

I am not sure why people are not scared to keep found items. Jewelry is a very personal thing. People can forum attachments to it.... and sometimes attachments to the person who finds it. Did no one watch Haunted Collector... the TV show.

Regardless if it helps me get my stuff back I should share all my stuff is hardcore cursed. I loose something ... light a few candles .. say some stuff and snap... whoever finds and keeps it has just swallowed a life time of bad luck.

So in short keep it at your own risk .
the value of jewelry is a pure result of marketing. All the emotional attachment is BS.

I often say whoever loves diamond must be a stupid person (unless he/she only sees it as a pure investment) because all its "value" is created out of vacuum. I am single probably due this strong belief.

All that said, I hope you will find it since it seems so important to you that you posted here on this forum for the 0.00001% chance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto