U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 10:55 PM

6 posts, read 13,511 times

Advertisements

I am a single dad of 3 kids and do not want to bring them to a risky area, how safe would this area be:
207 GALLOWAY Road , scarborough.

I contacted the sales agent and she said she would raise a family there but somehow I don't trust her and would like feedback from people who knows the area. thank you
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2017, 06:07 AM

2,708 posts, read 4,088,565 times
I don't really have personal experience with the area but the Kingston-Galloway area was home to a fairly notorious gang. That being said... no shootings so far this year while other Toronto neighbourhoods have already had several - 7 for Jane-Finch and 8 for Finch-Martin Grove (central Rexdale).

Old 03-29-2017, 07:58 AM

35,318 posts, read 45,791,919 times
Take a drive over and check out the place for yourself,talk to some of the residents,Google comes up with no negatives to the area.

My sister lived in the general area for many years and never had a problem.

Old 03-29-2017, 12:46 PM

26 posts, read 19,128 times
Isn't that where the galloway boys gang is?

Old 03-29-2017, 03:55 PM

6,754 posts, read 4,461,352 times
Dont live there if you have a choice. There is a gang named after that street.
Dont buy there!!!!! You will have challenges reselling. When looking for a house 5 years ago tgere was a house a good price there and i wanted to go see it... but tge agent sort of avoided showing it me until directly asked her response was I dont think it is a goid idea and I dont want to sell you a property you are going to have trouble reselling. In south Scarborough... thst is ond area with bistoric issue though it appears better then lower income pockets in the west end.

Old 03-29-2017, 04:03 PM

Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Take a drive over and check out the place for yourself,talk to some of the residents,Google comes up with no negatives to the area.

My sister lived in the general area for many years and never had a problem.
Scarborugh is very area specific. Dont buy there. I know the area. More more west on Kingston road. This area reminds me of Jane and Finch. There are millon dollar homes and mansion minutes from there.... buy that area itself sucks. Dont buy there. There are Ontario Housing areas near there. They are building new condos and town homes more west on kingston road. Try looking more west. Try to ensure they can get in to RH King High School.

Old 03-29-2017, 05:13 PM

Thank you! I drove by and it is ghetto!

Old 03-29-2017, 07:51 PM

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerito13 View Post
Thank you! I drove by and it is ghetto!
.... better places to live in Scarborough. Seriously look at around St Clair and Kennedy. Lots of new stuff just built plus new condos around Kingston Road between Brimely to Kennedy. This area is just east of the beaches.... lots of potential.

Old 03-29-2017, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
.... better places to live in Scarborough. Seriously look at around St Clair and Kennedy. Lots of new stuff just built plus new condos around Kingston Road between Brimely to Kennedy. This area is just east of the beaches.... lots of potential.
but is it a good idea to buy a cheap condo and put some money into investments, or buy a small house in oshawa for example? or even renting?

Old 03-29-2017, 09:52 PM

Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerito13 View Post
but is it a good idea to buy a cheap condo and put some money into investments, or buy a small house in oshawa for example? or even renting?
I am always pro buying as it is an investment. It depends on your budget. I am not a fan of living outside the city personally, but it depends on your budget. I personally would not buy a condo but that is a personal preference and not based on any logic. Get your agent to show you different options in your price range in and outside the city. There are better condo options in Toronto/ Scarborough then that area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto