Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2017, 04:36 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times

Advertisements

I am sitting in a fast food chain restaurant trying to charge my phone before heading to a concert sitting next to 2 hardcore strung out junkies and with several other severely mentally ill homeless people roaming around. As I watch both my devices ad wrap my legs around my purse on the floor I have been inspired to create this thread.

My first pick and the inspiration for this thread
1. King and Dufferin
2. Church and Queen Strret East
3. Eglinton and Dufferin
4. Carlton and Sherborune

To be continued one of the junkies is spazzing and eyeing my stuff...,time to bounce
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2017, 09:27 PM

Default .......

[quote=Conbbb;49168200]Anything in Toronto is nothing compared to what's outside of the GTA. Take a drive over to Kitchener, London or the hammer (closer by to the T.Dot) to see what I mean. In 2017 nowhere in Toronto is considered that "rough" especially with the very heavy gentrification. I have never felt unsafe in Tor6

Toronto or the suburbs around Toronto. I have felt very unsafe in Kitchener at night having a swarm of drug addicts and other creeps harass us. Toronto is a beautiful and polished city in comparison to what's beyond.[/QUOTE

Very true. I sm seriously walking all over Toronto day and night and since being an adult nevet had any issues. However there arr spots in Toronto that tend to attrack more obvious sketchy people. In certain parts of the city it is due to the prsence of shelters and servicrs to assist the homeless or people with addiction or severe mental heath issues.

In other situation it is the presence of Toronto Community Housing.

Old 08-13-2017, 06:23 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,055,067 times
I've been a bit on guard around Jane and Finch at times. I have family in that area. In one instance, I felt my passenger was totally oblivious while we were being tailed within INCHES by a driver I made eye contact with. The eye contact was made to make sure he was not about to bail out of his lane into mine, which was moving more rapidly.

He may have been a thug who took it as some sort of challenge. Otherwise, that area is not totally gone to hell.

My understanding is the eastern end (Scarborough) has some thuggery, but still, it is probably not enough to force someone to alter their lifestyle.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:15 PM

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
I've been a bit on guard around Jane and Finch at times. I have family in that area. In one instance, I felt my passenger was totally oblivious while we were being tailed within INCHES by a driver I made eye contact with. The eye contact was made to make sure he was not about to bail out of his lane into mine, which was moving more rapidly.

He may have been a thug who took it as some sort of challenge. Otherwise, that area is not totally gone to hell.

My understanding is the eastern end (Scarborough) has some thuggery, but still, it is probably not enough to force someone to alter their lifestyle.
LOL re-Jane and Finch. I grew up in that situation or at least really close to it That is how and where I learned if you scared or uncomfortable you have just made yourself a target.

I also think sometimes people just dont understand Caribbean culture. I am assuming there is a significant Caribbean population there still. We can be loud and sharp tongued. We are really nice ... until you **** us off then you will get attitude lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto