Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 01:35 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,533,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
I am sure once the blizzards in winter drag on into March , then we will hear people complaining that it is too cold for too long in the GTA. That is just how it goes... people who like temperate climates want their seasons to match up exactly with the dates but there is almost no place where that ever happens year after year. It is complaining for no reason IMO.
People LOVE to complain. I'm sure you noticed how here in Vancouver some were complaining that we needed rain. That we missed the rain I actually did. Still waiting for those big windy wet storms!!

That said, it has been quite pleasant here, and we are suppose to get a few more days in the mid 20's before the real autumn weather begins.

Then by November...people will be complaining again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2017, 01:44 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,045 times
Thumbs up Buffers park Lol!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Loving this weather!!!!!!!
I wish it would say like this forever !
I wish I had time to go hang out on the beach today!
I am at the beach now at buffers park. Amazing!!!! It is literally as nice as being in the Caribbean or a Flordia beach. It is comfortably packed. Parking gets full fast, but it is a 30 minute walk from Kingston Road and Brimely. Great exercise... clean beach. 100% suggest coming down to my neck of the wood if you want a beach break within the city. If you live in Toronto you don't need to drive to a cottage..... just head to Bluffers park!

Old 09-24-2017, 01:52 PM

415 posts, read 560,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina311 View Post
It's so gross. I've barely been outside these past few days. Where is the fall weather?
The fall weather was definitely here in Kingston throughout the summer months.

Old 09-24-2017, 03:01 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,928,561 times
Is this due to climate change? Normally it should be winter already in Canada by now. You guys may actually enjoy the tropical temperatures but just think about the wildlife. I don't think polar bears and the like will be very happy.

Old 09-24-2017, 03:06 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,476,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
You talk as if I was suggesting Shanghai's summer is better... I wasn't. It is miserable and something one wants to avoid. All I am saying is Toronto summer is consistently very pleasant. You do need a few 30+ days to play beach volleyball, swimming outside etc.
My misunderstanding. Sorry.

Old 09-24-2017, 03:08 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,476,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post
Is this due to climate change? Normally it should be winter already in Canada by now. You guys may actually enjoy the tropical temperatures but just think about the wildlife. I don't think polar bears and the like will be very happy.

NO it would not. Damp, cold and perhaps periodically miserable but definitely not bleak, frozen, blowing snow, filled in driveway, winter.

Old 09-24-2017, 03:31 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,533,632 times
Quote:
Oh God, I do hope you know there aren't polar bears in Toronto, or most of Canada? You MUST be joking...but in case...

Blanket statements about weather in the second largest country in the world by land mass, is troublesome.

Up north, where the polar bears are, thousands of kilometres away from where most Canadian live, it's not beach weather.

https://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/nu-10_metric_e.html

In Toronto, right now it is.

In Vancouver, although cooler, I was at the beach 2 days ago, and plan to go on Wednesday when the ocean side temps will be around 23C.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:37 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,045 times
Default .......

Quote:

Winter like weather does not start until November usually in Toronto.

Old 09-25-2017, 01:37 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,714,912 times
Quote:
what an ignorant post.

Old 09-25-2017, 02:10 PM

2 posts, read 1,442 times
Condo management who wanted to shut off the A/C thinking it was time for switch over had to alter their plans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto