Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 07:39 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,399,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
What I see in the GTA most common, actually very common, is black guys with white girls,
Yup, I said that earlier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2017, 10:22 AM

39 posts, read 57,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
I have never ever in my life heard a white woman say they find Indians, Sri Lankans Bangladeshis attractive.
As a Hispanic guy, you should be the last one bringing this up. I feel that of all the groups in the USA, Hispanic and Middle Eastern men have arguably the toughest time when it comes to attracting white women unless they are white themselves (Spain and Argentina).

Dark skinned Hispanic men are probably the least desirable group to white women in the USA. I lived in Arizona for years and it was extremely common to see white men with latinas but it was unheard of for any good looking white woman to go for a latino.

In fact, it was significantly more common to see black men with white women in Arizona despite there being 10 times less black men in the area. Asian men did better than Hispanic men as well, especially when it came to going after wealthier white girls.

You seem to have an axe to grind against Asian men but the reality of the situation is, evaluate your own race first.

In fact, I would argue that Indian and Arab men in the area struggled because women thought they were "Mexican". One of my friends is Indian and as soon as he told a girl that, she became more open to going for him, she initially thought he was a Mexican and was very closed off to talking to him.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:10 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,399,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boran2 View Post
As a Hispanic guy, you should be the last one bringing this up. I feel that of all the groups in the USA, Hispanic and Middle Eastern men have arguably the toughest time when it comes to attracting white women [b]m.
Possibly, but first off, this is the Canadian forum and secondly "As a Hispanic guy" I have dated several white women, except I don't put them on pedestal because of their skin.

Quote:
Dark skinned Hispanic men are probably the least desirable group to white women in the USA.
Who cares? lol White women are not exactly the most desirable to Latinos. Latina women are the crown jewel of women.

Quote:
In fact, it was significantly more common to see black men with white women in Arizona despite there being 10 times less black men in the area

No surprise there.

Quote:
Asian men did better than Hispanic men as well, especially when it came to going after wealthier white girls.

Quote:
You seem to have an axe to grind against Asian men but the reality of the situation is, evaluate your own race first.
You are entitled your opinion as am I. Sounds like you have an axe to grind against Hispanics. lol I am white, native and also part black, which race should I evaluate first?

Quote:
In fact, I would argue that Indian and Arab men in the area struggled because women thought they were "Mexican". One of my friends is Indian and as soon as he told a girl that, she became more open to going for him, she initially thought he was a Mexican and was very closed off to talking to him
That's great. Poor Indian and Arab guys. lol

Last edited by UrbanLuis; 11-26-2017 at 11:19 AM..

Old 12-01-2017, 07:32 PM

34 posts, read 48,188 times
To the OP, I am an Indian guy as well and I just want to tell you one thing.

This is the wrong forum to discuss these things, you've already seen how some of the posters went on their usual stereotypical rants and racist diatribes. Just go talk to who you like, don't put yourself into a box and classify yourself as being Indian etc. Just be your normal self and go talk to women from any race, whatever you find attractive. If they turn you down because they can't see themselves talking to someone Indian, the problem is with them and not you.

Most American women typically like to stereotype races, and Indian men being a tiny minority are the ones that get **** upon right now. Times will change, maybe in a few decades but also do understand that White people are the most racist people throughout humanity and have always justified conducting genocide on groups of people due to their perceived superiority.

Old 12-01-2017, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Possibly, but first off, this is the Canadian forum and secondly "As a Hispanic guy" I have dated several white women, except I don't put them on pedestal because of their skin.

Who cares? lol White women are not exactly the most desirable to Latinos. Latina women are the crown jewel of women.

No surprise there.

You are entitled your opinion as am I. Sounds like you have an axe to grind against Hispanics. lol I am white, native and also part black, which race should I evaluate first?

That's great. Poor Indian and Arab guys. lol
The OP is a bit naive for pedestalizing White women the way he did in his original post, but there's a lot of merit to some of what he says. So just because the messenger happens to be someone you don't quite favor, don't disregard the message.

If you were a Hispanic person that lived in the US today, you would know the kind of hostility they are being subjected to by the premier of the land himself. If anything, Hispanic men and Indian men should be brothers in arms over the treatment that some of the brown men receive in the US, bickering among each other is the last thing that's going to help the cause of either groups of men. Just saying.

One of my best friends is a Mexican, he was born and brought up in the US but he still identifies himself as a Mexican. And I did date Latina, Black women before. In fact, I don't generally like White women since I find most of them lacking emotional maturity when it comes to relationships, that Hispanic/Latina and Black women possess. And not every Indian guy is a momma's guy, I personally know none and I know hundreds of them. It's what the media wants you to believe, which you seem to lap up happily.

Old 12-01-2017, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinasaiyan View Post
I am seeing more and more South Asian/Indian guys with White Girls in Toronto, you do see some South Asian Girls with White Guys but its quite less compared to South Asian guys/Indian Guys dating White Girls.

So South Asian guys with White girls have become very common?
I read some online dating forums, and a constant theme in RooshV's forums was that White women in general dislike South Asian men in the Greater Toronto Area. In fact, RooshV went on to say that Greater Toronto Area in general is the worst dating place for any group of men(White men included) so not sure if that's the case still.

But then the kind of South Asian men RooshV was talking about was usually mostly about those that just happened to come over from India and other parts of South Asia who aren't as familiar with the etiquette and norms of dating in the West as much as people here would be aware of. As someone that has lived in the US for the past 12 years, I am not sure if I have to associate myself with them when it comes to dating etiquette and the do's and dont's of dating.

I am moving to GTA next year so I would be interested in understanding how this social experiment works myself.

Old 12-01-2017, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
They are just humans, men and women. It is common for any kind of men and women to date. Stop obsessing with race and skin color or bring such topics to the US forum. It is pointless.
It's known that dating is an issue that takes into account someone's race along with their physical appearance, social standing, wealth etc over more significant things like personality, depth of character, intellectual maturity etc. So the OP is not totally wrong in mentioning what he did, brushing it under the carpet wouldn't do anything to address the problem of the discrimination some ethnic minorities face in the pursuit of dating.

Don't forget that social acceptance and being able to connect to a partner are essential in the life's scheme of things, and most South Asian men don't seem to be accepted for just being South Asian with no importance given whatsoever to their inner qualities so the OP isn't exactly bringing up a topic that values no merit in this case.

Old 12-01-2017, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
It is not so easy to label people in Toronto as South Asian.
The othe day I met this lady that I seriously thought was Central American, but she was from Afghanistan.
Not a lot of cultural similarity there.
By looking at someone one you can not tell their ethnic background so easily in Toronto.
For example people of an Indo-Trinidadian and Guyanese background can visible look like they are South Asian... but culturally are not.

Lots of mixed people in Toronto too.

In my opinion is Toronto is a hub of cultural fusion.

Inter racial and inter faith dating is pretty common in Toronto.

People date who they are attracted too.
This depends on what you call inter racial. In the US, there are several cases of inter racial dating however all that is specific to a visible minority e.g., tons of White women in the US date and don't mind being approached by Black men. That's because Black men are a significant minority in the US who are very well represented in mainstream popular things like sports, politics, movies etc.

On the other hand, those same White women may be totally opposed to the idea of dating someone let's say Asian or Indian simply because those men are very under represented and often extremely stereotyped racial minorities as their presence is quite less in number compared to let's say Black men. So while a lot of Americans who are White can be against stereotyping Black men for the fear of being called out racist, they have no such problems with attaching such labels to Indian and in some cases Asian men.

So inter racial doesn't mean people dating all kinds of races, it might just mean a race that's the next most powerful and socially well represented next to their own. I don't know how much of this applies to GTA since I never lived or visited Canada.

Old 12-01-2017, 11:55 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,723,053 times
Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by whothehellcares View Post
To the OP, I am an Indian guy as well and I just want to tell you one thing.

This is the wrong forum to discuss these things, you've already seen how some of the posters went on their usual stereotypical rants and racist diatribes. Just go talk to who you like, don't put yourself into a box and classify yourself as being Indian etc. Just be your normal self and go talk to women from any race, whatever you find attractive. If they turn you down because they can't see themselves talking to someone Indian, the problem is with them and not you.

Most American women typically like to stereotype races, and Indian men being a tiny minority are the ones that get **** upon right now. Times will change, maybe in a few decades but also do understand that White people are the most racist people throughout humanity and have always justified conducting genocide on groups of people due to their perceived superiority.

I agree with the entire idea of be yourself and approach who you want.... but don't forget it works all ways.

Hello?????!!!!!???? India had a cast system lol!!! Indian peoole are no more or less racist then anyone else.... saying otherwise is a load of VS.

Watch Avenue Q ... we are all a little bit racist

Lol.... you seriously dont really know much about Indian history. Watch the movie Land... it gives a quick summary of sojw stuff that went down in Indian. Last I checked the Humus, Muslims and Shiks were not exactly all living in perfect peace and harmony all over Indian.

Regardless..... there is no point asking these generic questions attraction is not about one thing and no matter what race or skin colour you are you can't lump people together based on one aspect of their identity.

Etc some Indian people might smell like curry ..... some might smell like chanel #5 .... some white people might smell like curry and some might smell like chanel # 5........ you don't know much about anyone until you talk to them.

On a side note ... I feel like eating curried shrimp and need a new bottle of Chanel # 5.....

Old 12-02-2017, 06:37 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,687,965 times
Maybe this happens because South Asian population is large in Toronto, Vancouver areas. You may not see this thing much in Ottawa, Montreal where population of South Asians is less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto