Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 06:45 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,873,729 times

Advertisements

The OP should have titled this thread : "the Trump-bashing thread". So politically correct it hurts my intelligence (and I'm not North American but European). But maybe you would have been happy with a Clinton presidency and a 3rd World War berween the USA and Russia...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2017, 07:51 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
So, is it your contention that the O/P was soliciting "Trump bashing" under the guise of asking if a nasty note about her car's parking position in Canada was caused, as her American husband suggests, by some sort of dislike of Trump?

Last edited by BruSan; 12-13-2017 at 08:02 AM..

Old 12-13-2017, 09:39 AM

3,866 posts, read 5,290,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North 42 View Post
Trump has poisoned everything "American" to most Canadians! Not surprising!
Its funny how Trump poisoned all things American to Canadians but Castro didn't do the same with Cuba. Or <insert dictator or horrible leader of xyz country of choice here>

Hell at least be consistent.

But yeah OP, move on, it aint that big a deal.

Old 12-13-2017, 04:18 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,725,072 times
Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post
Its funny how Trump poisoned all things American to Canadians but Castro didn't do the same with Cuba. Or <insert dictator or horrible leader of xyz country of choice here>

Castro's actions were not promoting racism, sexism or homophobia.

**** off most people with a tan, everyone that is female and every who is not heterosexual .... you **** off a whole lot of people !

In the Cuba situation I am aware of the many bad things that happend under Castro, but at least in my opinion that little guy standing up to the big guy moral of the situation can be appreciated.

Old 12-13-2017, 04:19 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,725,072 times
Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by North 42 View Post
Trump has poisoned everything "American" to most Canadians! Not surprising!
He poisoned a lot of things for most American's ...actually the majority if elections were won by the number of votes rather then the the number of states.

Old 12-13-2017, 05:36 PM

Quote:

If you had any high ground to stand upon you lost that by fostering a coup in Iran and installing your pet dictator Shah Rez Pahlavi, remember him and his Savak secret police?

Remember these guys also: Augusto Pinochet, Idriss Deby, Manuel Noriega while he was your friend until he wasn't, Islam Karimov, Ferdinand Marcos, Mobuto, Gurbanguly Birdimuhamedow? All of these murdering dictators enjoyed U.S. support.

Speaking of consistancy; with some of them even being communists and all happening during the same time frame as Cuba, with none of them ever accusing Canada of aiding and abetting terrorists like those numbnutz McCain or Napolitanno did, why do you think Canada should behave differently?

Oh, and don't forget the Bush family's special friend; King Abdullah.

Want to go back even further; imagine my father's surprise in WWII to find the vehicles he'd strafed with his .50cal on it's ring turret of his tank was built by GM given license by Breckinridge and Roosevelt, among a few other US Companies to continue trading with Germany during the war– I.T.T., DuPont, Standard Oil of New Jersey, Davis Oil Co., and the Chase National Bank. Why? Because money and the stock market and not wanting to give these corporations a big sad.

Yeah; consistancy, definitely something you can lecture Canadians about.

Old 12-13-2017, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
If you had any high ground to stand upon you lost that by fostering a coup in Iran and installing your pet dictator Shah Rez Pahlavi, remember him and his Savak secret police?

Remember these guys also: Augusto Pinochet, Idriss Deby, Manuel Noriega while he was your friend until he wasn't, Islam Karimov, Ferdinand Marcos, Mobuto, Gurbanguly Birdimuhamedow? All of these murdering dictators enjoyed U.S. support.

Speaking of consistancy; with some of them even being communists and all happening during the same time frame as Cuba, with none of them ever accusing Canada of aiding and abetting terrorists like those numbnutz McCain or Napolitanno did, why do you think Canada should behave differently?

Oh, and don't forget the Bush family's special friend; King Abdullah.

Want to go back even further; imagine my father's surprise in WWII to find the vehicles he'd strafed with his .50cal on it's ring turret of his tank was built by GM given license by Breckinridge and Roosevelt, among a few other US Companies to continue trading with Germany during the war– I.T.T., DuPont, Standard Oil of New Jersey, Davis Oil Co., and the Chase National Bank. Why? Because money and the stock market and not wanting to give these corporations a big sad.

Yeah; consistancy, definitely something you can lecture Canadians about.
Holy fu*k! I personally did all those things? My memory escapes me at times, but damn Bru I sure seem to have gotten around in the past centrury.

Old 12-13-2017, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Castro's actions were not promoting racism, sexism or homophobia.

**** off most people with a tan, everyone that is female and every who is not heterosexual .... you **** off a whole lot of people !

In the Cuba situation I am aware of the many bad things that happend under Castro, but at least in my opinion that little guy standing up to the big guy moral of the situation can be appreciated.
You are not serious are you?

Yes Castro the champion of gay rights!
https://www.thedailybeast.com/fidel-...-on-gay-rights

Also a champion for the Cuban negro he was!
https://splinternews.com/african-ame...amp-1793864057

Sounds like the little guy in these cases was not Castro himself but the people he viewed as lesser than him. I don’t believe in a burning hell, but if I did I would hope Castro was there now and Trump wasn’t too far behind in joining him.

Old 12-13-2017, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Holy fu*k! I personally did all those things? My memory escapes me at times, but damn Bru I sure seem to have gotten around in the past centrury.
Hey, it was YOU suggesting Canada wasn't being consistant .......er, wasn't it? Who else was I supposed to address?

Besides; how am I to know how busy you've been the last 80 years or so?

Old 12-14-2017, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Hey, it was YOU suggesting Canada wasn't being consistant .......er, wasn't it? Who else was I supposed to address?

Besides; how am I to know how busy you've been the last 80 years or so?
Actually I wasn't speaking about Canada and their stance on intervention into other nations affairs at all. I was replying to a post that said Trump poisoned all things American to most Canadians. So I found it strange that someone like Castro didn't poison Cuba enough to want to flock there in the winter for vacation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto