Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2017, 05:33 PM

127 posts, read 196,163 times

Advertisements

I think the Hudson's Bay at Queen and Yonge St. in Toronto does a great job every year. Here is a youtube video showing what it looked like in 2016....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d73WhsZ01BU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2017, 12:12 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,734,983 times
Saw in person. They are nice. Lots of other stores in the city have cool displays. Though this one is a know attraction. Got it nice photos of this year's displays.

There is also a similar type display in side Young and Bloor Subway station near the washrooms. Not sure what the deal with that one is but it is nice though oddly placed

Old 12-22-2017, 04:07 AM

2,084 posts, read 1,134,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Saw in person. They are nice. Lots of other stores in the city have cool displays. Though this one is a know attraction. Got it nice photos of this year's displays.

There is also a similar type display in side Young and Bloor Subway station near the washrooms. Not sure what the deal with that one is but it is nice though oddly placed

Yonge and Bloor, Yonge and Bloor, Yonge and Bloor.
Happy Hollandaise!

Old 12-22-2017, 07:29 AM

Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOORGONG View Post
Yonge and Bloor, Yonge and Bloor, Yonge and Bloor.
Happy Hollandaise!
Very true! But I have been trying to avoid those store windows as they often inspire really expensive purchases. The entire spring and summer everything I had my face almost pressed up against the Louis Vuitton store window looking a new bag collection ..... I was so close to buying a $3000 bag. Luckily it was not in stock when I went in.

Old 12-22-2017, 12:01 PM

I love Vuitton bags too. I own 3. The are all vintage ones I picked up in various places. I love that LV Logo. Can't get enough of it, it's so discreet. I'm thinking of selling my car to get 5 more bags. Everything I own in terms of clothing has to have a "griffe", a logo to it so people know I can afford it. Somebody threw an insult at me the other day when I wore my Chanel TShirt at work, telling me off for how all my stuff was bought as a substitute for personal taste. In the end though, I know you and I are right, klmrocks. We know we paid a lot for something that makes us feel like the winners we are. Makes us feel Yonge too come to think of it.

Old 12-22-2017, 02:23 PM

Default ......

Quote:
I love Vuitton bags too. I own 3. The are all vintage ones I picked up in various places. I love that LV Logo. Can't get enough of it, it's so discreet. I'm thinking of selling my car to get 5 more bags. Everything I own in terms of clothing has to have a "griffe", a logo to it so people know I can afford it. Somebody threw an insult at me the other day when I wore my Chanel TShirt at work, telling me off for how all my stuff was bought as a substitute for personal taste. In the end though, I know you and I are right, klmrocks. We know we paid a lot for something that makes us feel like the winners we are. Makes us feel Yonge too come to think of it.
I am reading this and laughing because I was literally trying to sell my car to buy some jewelery and bags. When you live in a city you can actually pull that !

My only rule is I like nice stuff but I need to get a huge discount to motivate me to pull out my money. Rather then the new Louis V bags. I ended up buying of authentic vintage ones. The woman at the store basically discouraged me from buying the one that I wanted as it was hand painted and more delicate and I guess by the way I tossed my Parada bag on the floor while I was looking at the new line she was showing me she figured I would not be happy with it as the design was not durable and the bag was not made for every day wear. She was right though I would have murdered that bag. I don't really do logo's with clothes... not for any specific reasons, but I love well made items and I LOVE getting them at a huge discount. I have learned to authenticate certain items just to be able to buy resale and get huge discounts on stuff like this. Life is short ... got to enjoy as much of it as you can ... and why not do so with a nice bag ! I have to sell some of my Michael Kor and Coach bags to re-invest the money in more Louis V, Prada or Chanel Bags. I have too many bags in genearl and no room for them.

Old 12-22-2017, 05:07 PM

I know how you must feel. I have a thing for bags in general. I sometimes carry a small purse within a handbag inside a leather tote for instance. I feel more sure-footed walking around town with all these bags even if I only carry a set of keys and a wallet in the small one. I hope you meant to say you would have murdered for that bag but not murdered the bag per se. Like some people do for pets, I have a kinship with my collection that goes above and beyond that which I have with humans.

Old 12-22-2017, 08:00 PM

Default ......

Quote:
I know how you must feel. I have a thing for bags in general. I sometimes carry a small purse within a handbag inside a leather tote for instance. I feel more sure-footed walking around town with all these bags even if I only carry a set of keys and a wallet in the small one. I hope you meant to say you would have murdered for that bag but not murdered the bag per se. Like some people do for pets, I have a kinship with my collection that goes above and beyond that which I have with humans.
No..... I meant I am really rough with my stuff. I tend to toss, drop .... kick out of the way bags things. Walking in the rain and throwing all sort of stuff in them. I have at least 8 now. A couple need repair. All resale purchases bought at great prices.

Old 12-22-2017, 08:24 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,421,687 times
Victorias secret.

Old 12-27-2017, 11:37 AM

Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Victorias secret.
Off topic ... but why dont you get your wife a gift card? Or buy her something from there.

My 2018 is to encourage men to spend money buying nice things for their wives. In hopes that someone will inspire mine to start opening up the wallet a lot more ! I have tried to trick my husband in to buying stuff for me .... but he is getting too smart. Like he wont go shopping with me lol! My taste are getting more expensive and he is holding his wallet closed tighter. I called him to see if he would be willing to chip in for this new purse I wanted that was on sale ... and he hung up on me once he heard the price lol!

Victoria secrete stuff is not really good quality.
What I don't get is that they seem to have all this high end stuff in their shows... but only sweat shop grabage in their actual stores.

Also what a lot of men likely don't realize is that is you actually have more then a handful of breast those bars are just going to break or not fit properly. If you are past a C cup you need the good stuff and not decorative junk made help women that are fairly flat chested pretend to have larger breast then they do.

Last edited by klmrocks; 12-27-2017 at 11:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto