Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 05:06 PM

15,109 posts, read 15,720,999 times

Advertisements

Last summer I remember reading about a gay man reported missing in the Gay Villiage - Andrew Kinsman 49. I also happened upon this article detailing not just Kinsman's disappearance, but also the disappearance of 4 other gay men since 2010.

This is a good article to read as a prelude to the one that follows:
Gay Men Are Going Missing In Toronto Again. What The Hell Is Going On? | NewNowNext

So I was thrilled to read that a man has been arrested in the 1st degree murder of Andrew Kinsman and Selim Esen.

Bruce McArthur charged with 1st-degree murders of 2 men who disappeared from Toronto's Gay Village - Toronto - CBC News

Bruce McArthur 66 could very well upon further investigation be linked to the three other missing gay men. Additionally, there are men who have mysteriously disappeared years before 2010. If this pans out as I suspect, this could not only be one of if not the most prolific serial killers in Toronto and Canadian history.

I for one am glad this psycho is OFF the streets of Toronto. The gay community can sleep a little more soundly tonight and the families of the victims can rest a bit more easy that justice will be served. Kudos to the TPS for all the work they put into this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2018, 08:21 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,673,516 times
I would not doubt there are more serial killers in the province. If tgey know what they are doing tgey are less likely to get caught. Scary reality.

Old 01-18-2018, 08:55 PM

4,439 posts, read 6,949,148 times
well going to hook up with strangers in homes, parks and highway rest stops is risky, and many, many, many, many gay men do that. As long as they do that, the can become vulnerable to encounter a psycho.

Old 01-18-2018, 11:15 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,306,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
well going to hook up with strangers in homes, parks and highway rest stops is risky, and many, many, many, many gay men do that. As long as they do that, the can become vulnerable to encounter a psycho.

Yeah that is risky behavior but these incidents happened in the gay village where gay men should feel safe.

Old 01-19-2018, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I would not doubt there are more serial killers in the province. If tgey know what they are doing tgey are less likely to get caught. Scary reality.
Oh no doubt there are more but I always like when the end result is the bad guy gets caught like in this case.

Quote:
Well sure but people are always going to hook up - you're never going to control human nature. Serial killers are not just found in random hookups - lots have killed prey who they have gotten to know and wined and dined in luxury, so a killer is a killer period and as such, great to see another one off our streets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Yeah that is risky behavior but these incidents happened in the gay village where gay men should feel safe.
Yeah but you never know. It just takes one wacko. This wacko just liked to kill random hookups. Not much you can do to prevent it be it the gay villiage, a park or in Rosedale. McArthur is 66 too so I hardly think he just killed these two guys he was charged with. He probably got his first taste of blood at a younger age.

Last edited by fusion2; 01-19-2018 at 12:13 AM..

Old 01-19-2018, 12:26 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,306,374 times
Quote:
Yeah but you never know. It just takes one wacko. This wacko just liked to kill random hookups. Not much you can do to prevent it be it the gay villiage, a park or in Rosedale. McArthur is 66 too so I hardly think he just killed these two guys he was charged with. He probably got his first taste of blood at a younger age.
I hope they find out so the families can have some closure.

Old 01-19-2018, 12:45 AM

Quote:
I hope they find out so the families can have some closure.
Yeah we can only imagine the horror they have gone through. First the loss than the not knowing. People can point fingers and blame the victims but I don't - I blame this IDIOT who killed these men.

Old 01-19-2018, 04:04 AM

3,595 posts, read 3,335,252 times
Quote:
You might as well extend that to the heterosexual community also. How many teens--and I'll admit, I was one of them--take their opposite sex partners off somewhere secluded to hook up? It's not just one's partner; it's also people like the Zodiac Killer or the Red Light Bandit (Caryl Chessman--you can Google him).

I was unaware of the problems in Toronto's Gay Village until I saw the news item on TV today. Still, I am pleased that Metro (in my day, the street parlance for "Toronto PD") have a suspect, and will investigate further.

Fusion, I know that you are safe and sensible. Stay that way.

Old 01-19-2018, 06:25 AM

776 posts, read 947,747 times
Fusion2.

I see by the latest TPS news release, that the accused man had a ongoing sexual relationship with one of the victims, and possibly both of them.

So, it would appear that the accused man is a homosexual, who knew at least one of the victims. Not a random attacker. He had a sexual relationship with MR Kinsmen, for a number of months . The accused was also known to use gay dating apps.

link to CTV news article, that has a long and detailed run down of the Police information, including that four residences in Toronto and one in Madoc are being searched by forensic technicians for trace evidence.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/suspec...lage-1.3765424

At this time the Police have not located the bodies of either victim.

XXX,

Old 01-19-2018, 11:15 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,673,516 times
Default Risky Behaviour ...

Quote:
I agree.
I think in general a lot more people gay ... straight ... whatever are involved in risky behaviour.
Anyone check out craig's list for example? Lots of people are using apps with the intention of just hooking up with people. It is not just gay men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto