Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2018, 08:39 AM

578 posts, read 572,750 times

Advertisements

Looking for some recommendations of where to find a decent, casual dinner this weekend. Someplace accessible by public transit, preferrably not Asian or Mexican.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2018, 08:22 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,879,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudship View Post
Looking for some recommendations of where to find a decent, casual dinner this weekend. Someplace accessible by public transit, preferrably not Asian or Mexican.
In the DT core or close to it? How about Indian and if yes, I really enjoy Little India on QSW. If you like Greek than go to the Danforth (Greek town). Square boy serves up a great Chicken Souvlaki on a Pita good value but very casual. Something a bit more upscale for Greek try Pantheon. As for not Asian - Boo.. Those are my favourite places to get a good value meal in the city. Taking Asian out of the equation really puts a damper on things in Toronto.

Old 02-21-2018, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
In the DT core or close to it? How about Indian and if yes, I really enjoy Little India on QSW. If you like Greek than go to the Danforth (Greek town). Square boy serves up a great Chicken Souvlaki on a Pita good value but very casual. Something a bit more upscale for Greek try Pantheon. As for not Asian - Boo.. Those are my favourite places to get a good value meal in the city. Taking Asian out of the equation really puts a damper on things in Toronto.
Definitely like India. In fact I think that is the Indian Restaurant I stumbled across a few trips ago.

Unfortunately there is not a lot of Asian I like - certain flavors that seem to be in everything. I might try a noodle place if they use basic Chicken or Chicken/Pork stock, but I can't do anything that uses fish sauce.

Old 02-21-2018, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Definitely like India. In fact I think that is the Indian Restaurant I stumbled across a few trips ago.

Unfortunately there is not a lot of Asian I like - certain flavors that seem to be in everything. I might try a noodle place if they use basic Chicken or Chicken/Pork stock, but I can't do anything that uses fish sauce.
You could try a place called Banh Mi boys. It Is Vietnamese but they have good hot sandwich varieties including pulled pork.

Banh Mi Boys

Also, there are all kinds of Chicken Shawarma places. If you haven't had one it is really good and a cheap meal as well. Otherwise there are all kinds of pubs and chain restaurants in the core. If you like Italian head to little Italy. Also, in Kensington market there are a bunch of places with a variety of different dishes, Tapas bars, Vegetarian, Jamaican etc . Try a beef patty or two at Golden Patty!

Old 02-24-2018, 07:40 PM

For lunch I tried the Assembly Food Court, as it is right near my hotel. I got brisket and a cupcake. The cupcake was good, though overpriced for what it was. The brisket was pretty good - not up to what I would expect round here, but decent enough. Mostly peppercorn crust.

Dissapointed there was no place to get something to drink besides alcohol or fancy coffee. They had fancy free infusion water. I just wanted a bottle of the stuff.

Of course I was the oldest person there and I am not even 50 yet.

Instead of Little India I decided to try this place called Moti Mahal in Little India. Wasn't too impressed with that joint.

Old 02-25-2018, 01:07 AM

You like meat?

Try WVRST sausage hall
WVRST - Sausage Hall And Other Wonders

Old 02-25-2018, 02:01 PM

Wvy Wvould I Wvant to go to the Wvrst place you recommend?

Old 02-25-2018, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Wvy Wvould I Wvant to go to the Wvrst place you recommend?
Because it is good food lol.. What are you thinking about Cloudship?

Old 02-25-2018, 06:49 PM

I was thinking i really need to get something to eat - hunger is affecting my brain.

I decided to blow my budget tonight and went to Cote Du Boeuf. Tiny place, hard to find a seat. Incredible food, I finally found a place that will server Tartare without all the other additives (the chef came out to be sure, and she agreed it was the best way to enjoy it!). Great help. I have a new favorite restaurant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto