Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 06:03 PM

5,483 posts, read 3,923,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Walking around the city ex on the streets of down town.... in the subway.... even in South East Toronto.... no one seems phased. No one's talking about it. It on the surface seems like business as usual. Even at work no one knew until I mentioned it except for a few people but they brushed it off just as casually as if it happend on the other side of the world.
People are weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2018, 06:08 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,954,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I don't doubt you have to be mentally ill to do something like that.

I just got in contact with a family member that works in that area we were worried about. He said tgey did not tell them what had happened but put the office buildings on locked down. Another freind who works in the area said some of her coworkers witnessed it and had to leave.

Walking around the city ex on the streets of down town.... in the subway.... even in South East Toronto.... no one seems phased. No one's talking about it. It on the surface seems like business as usual. Even at work no one knew until I mentioned it except for a few people but they brushed it off just as casually as if it happend on the other side of the world.

No actual factual word on what happend yet. To be continued.

If anyone sees the video of the police office and the idiot driver you can see how clueless people are yo this type of violence in our city as they are pointing guns at each other and talking back and forth people are walking by right beside them in total confusion rather then running.

Impressed with the officer. Scary and amazing neither were shot or killed in the confrontation.
It sounds like people were in shock and unable to process what they were seeing.

Old 04-23-2018, 06:11 PM

26,882 posts, read 38,026,310 times
If people want a lead as to the motivation look up the term "incel".

Old 04-23-2018, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
If people want a lead as to the motivation look up the term "incel".
What do you mean? He couldn't find a girlfriend or someone to have sex with, so he decided to imitate terrorist acts and kill people with a vehicle?

Old 04-23-2018, 06:30 PM

26,882 posts, read 38,026,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
What do you mean? He couldn't find a girlfriend or someone to have sex with, so he decided to imitate terrorist acts and kill people with a vehicle?
That's where the initial investigation seems to be going at the moment.

Old 04-23-2018, 06:47 PM

287 posts, read 306,579 times
I am sure there will be some interviews with his friends and family saying “he is a really nice guy and they can’t believe it and he’s not himself when doing this “

Old 04-23-2018, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
That's where the initial investigation seems to be going at the moment.
That's just pathetic. Women have long suspected that men were unable to think with their head, does this confirm that they really are controlled by what is between their legs?

Old 04-23-2018, 06:54 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,725,072 times
Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
SUCH a disturbing situation! This video is disturbing too. (And how strange... those three people walking casually behind him and down the sidewalk.) I had heard on the radio that it was a "suicide by police" ploy. Sick people.

Video captures intense standoff between police and alleged van attack suspect | Daily Hive Toronto
The people watching and taking cell phone picture are nuts.
I don't know if it is generational stupidity.... but I am old enough to get that when you hear shouting and tension you RUN before shot goes down. It is like public safety 101. You are at a club ... concert public event it vet's tense you RUN! You don't wait tontakeca selfie with the bullet in you are .

Old 04-23-2018, 07:01 PM

Default ....

Quote:
It sounds like people were in shock and unable to process what they were seeing.
I think it was like mentally turning the chanel... you don't speak about it ... so it did not happen.

These things dont happen in Toronto.

At the same time this was happening I was at the intersection of younge and king meeting someone who commented on how she was worried about me getting robbed wearing the Jewlery I had on. My comments to her were I am not worried we live in a super safety city. Ironic comments now as on the oppsot end of the city on the same street people were getting run over.

Poor people. Bad stuff can happen to anyone anywhere.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:04 PM

Default ......

Quote:
It is appearing it is mental illness relayed. He was a smart guy. He created a cool app. Decent looking. Onky 25 and about to graduate. He had everything going for him..... then this? It had to mental illness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto