Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 10:44 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,405,340 times

Advertisements

Yeah it is really hard to find nice ones in Canada. I bought two a few years ago and take really good care of them . I would buy them on ebay but I have had bad luck buying clothes online in the past So I am a bit hesitant. Thanks for the reply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2018, 12:21 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times
Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Yeah it is really hard to find nice ones in Canada. I bought two a few years ago and take really good care of them . I would buy them on ebay but I have had bad luck buying clothes online in the past So I am a bit hesitant. Thanks for the reply.
I am the same way. I don't like buying clothes online for the same reason. I am picky about fabrics and fit. What looks good on the rack might not work for your body shape. That is kind of why I like getting certain items from 2nd hand stores. Certain items are novelty and you won't wear often. As I am a bit nuts..... I have bound like 6 or 7 for jackets that I will eventually try altering myself to get a better fit. Worst case screw up I can you the fur to do something else. It cost about $50 _ $100 each for jackets that retail for $1500 plus each. I can wear then often so I would not be willing to spend $1000s on one.

Old 07-09-2018, 11:21 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times
It's the most wonderful time of the year

Yup that is correct!
You like nice things!
You like rock bottom prices!

July is the time to SHOP till you drop!
This is the time of year stores start trying to clear things out fast to make room for the fall merchandise.
Though it seems sad because we look forwards for the summer and it is just starting ... but stores are thinking ahead of the game and need to make room for the next batch.

So if you like the sound of 75-90% off keep you eyes peeled for the clearance table to section in every store you go too.

I have already stocked up on my fav Body Shop Gift sets and makeup. I have enough for gifts and enough for me to be smelling like mango or strawberry for at least the next year :P!

So the today's tip for any women out there that really wants to get the most bang for her buck.
If you want cool edgy make up to have in your possession, but don't want to drop that cash for $20 eye shadows and eyeliners that you will likely not wear that often... this is the time to get those experimental colours.

I got the coolest eye liners, lip glosses, body and make up glitter and eye makeup palettes from the body shop over the last 2 weeks. They also had lots of cool nail polish colours but I passed I have way too much and don't actually run a nail salon so 50 plus shades is way more then enough for me.

The liners cost $2 vs $20, the glitter $2, the glosses where $3..... the eyeshadow palette was $5 and has a build in mirror.

There are fun cheap ways to pump up for collection and change up your look with quality products.

When I was 18 I was buying $40 bottles of Lacome make up glitter that were 10 ml. Now I am getting a comparable product that comes in numerous colours for $2.

On top of that if you have a points card you will get credit towards other stuff. I think I spend around $100 and got $20 in store credit. Everything I bought was 75% off or more and I used the $20 to buy somethings that were also marked down as low.

In short AMAZING deals to be got in July.

So shopping for gifts now is a wise idea for someone who hates the stress and mark ups of last minute gift shopping before Christmas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto