Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 08:58 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,949,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
You have to understand, this is indigenous culture from somewhere, and diversity, at work. You also have to understand, he was angry. Canada's PM is a skilled former social worker. He should be able to handle it.
Justin Trudeau was never a social worker. He was an elementary school teacher in BC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2018, 11:12 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,822 times
Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Yatim had a knife. But he does not belong in that list of "killers" as he did not kill anyone. Though he did threaten some on the tramway. He died in the ensuing confrontation with police.
Ohhh a knife lol.
That kills me.
I walk around with a pocket knife.
Never has anyone ever flinched when I pull it out of my Louis Vuttion bag on the subway when trying to fix Jewlery lol
It has a pink handle.... which apparently makes it less threatening

I have hair accessories and pens in my bag tgat coukd do more damage then that knife he was holding.

Don't get me started on how stupid that officer was.

Old 07-25-2018, 05:34 PM

26,874 posts, read 37,997,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Ohhh a knife lol.
That kills me.
I walk around with a pocket knife.
Never has anyone ever flinched when I pull it out of my Louis Vuttion bag on the subway when trying to fix Jewlery lol
It has a pink handle.... which apparently makes it less threatening

I have hair accessories and pens in my bag tgat coukd do more damage then that knife he was holding.

Don't get me started on how stupid that officer was.
I gather you don't threaten anyone with that pocket knife nor do you brandish it at people while exposing your genitals with the other, all of this when sky-high on ecstasy. That whole story is a tragic mess, and while I am not saying he deserved to die, bad things sometimes happen to you when you behave that way. You're making it sound like he was minding his own business, peeling an apple with a Swiss army knife (and not a switchblade) when the policeman just shot him out of the blue.

Old 07-25-2018, 09:01 PM

Default .....

Quote:
I gather you don't threaten anyone with that pocket knife nor do you brandish it at people while exposing your genitals with the other, all of this when sky-high on ecstasy. That whole story is a tragic mess, and while I am not saying he deserved to die, bad things sometimes happen to you when you behave that way. You're making it sound like he was minding his own business, peeling an apple with a Swiss army knife (and not a switchblade) when the policeman just shot him out of the blue.
If you live in Toronto and ride transit you always encounter drunk, high or just for fun of the mill crazy people. I deal with monkey business on a daily basis. Not even kidding. You ignore them the basically get bored or get off.

Once I had my head phones on and did on realized with guy was having this in-depth conversation with me for loke 30 minutes. When he got off the subway way and waved at me I was confused. This lady sitting near by started laughing and tapped me on the should to say... That man has been talking to you telling you his whole life story for all this time and dud not even realize you have your head phones on and were not paying attention to him.

Last time I checked a penis or a knife were not that lethal.

The entire situation was just horribly handled.

Common city sense 101 dontvarfue with crazy people.

Old 07-25-2018, 09:09 PM

Quote:

Knives are not lethal?

Old 07-25-2018, 09:25 PM

Default .....

Quote:
Knives are not lethal?
On reference to a police officer.

The people on the bus got off. The driver got off.
A police office that can't disarm a intoxicated person waving a penis and a knife really should not be responding to calls.

Old 07-25-2018, 09:26 PM

Quote:
If you live in Toronto and ride transit you always encounter drunk, high or just for fun of the mill crazy people. I deal with monkey business on a daily basis. Not even kidding. You ignore them the basically get bored or get off.

Once I had my head phones on and did on realized with guy was having this in-depth conversation with me for loke 30 minutes. When he got off the subway way and waved at me I was confused. This lady sitting near by started laughing and tapped me on the should to say... That man has been talking to you telling you his whole life story for all this time and dud not even realize you have your head phones on and were not paying attention to him.

The entire situation was just horribly handled.

Common city sense 101 dontvarfue with crazy people.
I really think you should look more closely at the details of the case.

Old 07-26-2018, 04:11 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,949,345 times
Quote:
BBM
You do realize this is a bit creepy, right?

Thing is that the gun belonged to the brother, a gang violence character in Toronto, and the shooter had a depressing life.

ISIL, DAISH, has apparently claimed responsibility for the nutty gunman, but the nutty gunman denies any association with DAISH and ISIS. His family says he is nuts, and police have said they are looking at computers - no information about online activity so far. I'm curious why nutty people are speculating about whether the nutty shooter in Toronto is nuts.

Old 07-26-2018, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
BBM
You do realize this is a bit creepy, right?

Thing is that the gun belonged to the brother, a gang violence character in Toronto, and the shooter had a depressing life.

ISIL, DAISH, has apparently claimed responsibility for the nutty gunman, but the nutty gunman denies any association with DAISH and ISIS. His family says he is nuts, and police have said they are looking at computers - no information about online activity so far. I'm curious why nutty people are speculating about whether the nutty shooter in Toronto is nuts.
I am not sure I understand your post, but in terms of what the shooter is saying, he isn't saying or denying anything in terms of his ties to Daesh or ISIS, as he is dead.

Old 07-26-2018, 04:57 AM

3 posts, read 1,233 times
Though this was a terrible event I hope they get some control on weapons and who buys them and from where....Lunatics who believes they the power over Human lives are many these days
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto