Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 12:47 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
I never said I knew every muslim person or that all muslims were bad. It is disapoiting to see how dishonest u are. You have made even more brush stroke comments about people on here.
You may not have said it, but what you are saying and how you are saying is coming across this way.

I do say careless and stupid things at times, but your constant aggressive tone on this matter comes across as unreasonable.

I don't know what you want from me in regards to this.

It is like I tell you lots of things, but you only hear and or are digging through what I say to look for evidence to support your views.

What I am doing might be careless.... but what you are doing seems very intentional and the intentions do not seem good.

I think I have given you the opportunity to explain where your feelings are coming from and to discuss them, but discussing something does not seem purposeful if you are not willing to entertain any views that conflict with what you already believe. You might not see it, but I don't think you are being fair.

Are you trying to push me in to saying what my thoughts are on Islam?

It this would make to satisfied for the records I do know more about the average Canadian about Islam and have no interest in being Muslim. Though I can understand some of the principals I don't agree with a lot of the cultural interpretations and traditions associated with the religion. However, I think this about most religions, including my own.

Being married to someone who was raised in a different faith and culture then me has taught me a lot about the concept of agreeing to disagree on certain things.

It has also taught me to self reflect on my out culture and religion before critiquing others. To ask questions when I don't understand something and explore why I feel the way I do about certain things. I see this in my husband too.

The world is a big place. There are many very different views.
We need to try to understand the culture of other people.
It can't always be we are right and other people are wrong and they are bad and we are good.
Them vs us.
This is a very bad way to see things.

Some times it is just a very different way of seeing a situation.

Old 07-26-2018, 12:54 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,405,340 times
Ok I am a terrible person and a bigot. Now lets stick to the topic thank you.

Old 07-26-2018, 12:57 PM

Default ....

Quote:
I have no issue shaking hands with women. I don't know anyone that has issues shaking hands with women. Even the Muslims I know shake hands with women.

The context in which you told me this was not exactly explaining Islamic culture infact I believe you said you didn't think it was right. Now you want to shrug it off as something cultural that i need to understand.
I have tried to explain this to you several times.
I was hoping this was a misunderstanding.

All Muslims like all Christians, Hindu, Jews ... etc do not interpret religious scriptures the same.
Their day to day actions ex ways to greet people, ways to eat, act in public, celebrate holidays, expression etc are not the same. Even in the same countries you are going to find some differences. My husband does not practice his faith the same way as someone from Afghanistan, Pakistan or Somalia. A lot of things also relate to culture. If a Muslim person is going to make decisions of how to interact with other people based on the society they are raised in.

So if I meet people from my husband's family in France or Italy they way they greet women they are not related to could be different on a day to day basis then more conservative Islamic tradition ... but they know if they are in a North African or Arab country they need to respect the customs of that place and also need to be mindful of the different levels of conservative behaviours in that country.

We do this here too, but might not even realize it.

I know if I have a client that presents as more religious in any faith I need to be more mindful of my speech and conduct and I do this automatically.

I have no idea what this seems so shocking to you.

Old 07-26-2018, 12:59 PM

Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by moveagain View Post
Many have already seen this since a while ago ...
Don’t take it so seriously... she is just trying really hard to tolerate diversity lol

Old 07-26-2018, 01:02 PM

Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosilly View Post
Well isn't this fun.......some of us said it from the beginning and what do you know........another attack from a.......ooohhh' don't say it.....don't write it............it's being racist.......ohhhh nooooo.

And for you fake posters being paid by the government to claim it had nothing to do with islam hate groups?
"We are on to you". FAKE replies from people that dislike their own country......anything for buck.

Wake up people...........the government let in the enemy without firing a shot. And you are the target
Please tell me you are not a white male with gun access ...

Old 07-26-2018, 01:06 PM

Default ......

Quote:
Ok I am a terrible person and a bigot. Now lets stick to the topic thank you.

Old 07-26-2018, 01:34 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,405,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post

I know if I have a client that presents as more religious in any faith I need to be more mindful of my speech and conduct and I do this automatically.

I treat everyone the same but If some one gets offended by something I do thats on them. This is a secular country I don't worry about unintentionally offending some ones religious customs. If anything they are the ones that need to mindful of the fact that women are treated as equals here.

Old 07-26-2018, 01:48 PM

44,355 posts, read 20,063,008 times
This thread is not salvageable. It has repeatedly veered off-topic and has elicited numerous personal attacks. It has been partially cleaned up of inappropriate posts, but, frankly, there aren't enough hours in a day for me to clean it up entirely and keep it on track. Consequently, the thread is now closed.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto