Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 03:32 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,888,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
How will Chick-Fil-A’s practice of closing on Sundays go over in Toronto?
Well the workers will like not having to work 7 days a week...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2018, 03:59 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,515,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
I prefer Popeye's over Chick-Fil-A because what's the chance that this would happen in a Chick-Fil-A:

https://youtu.be/Miu90sh_9yM

lol
This video is what I'd think of at a US Popeyes. Popeyes seems to have a target clientele, and neighborhoods in the south.
Its why I about fell off the chair, when I read Popeyes is in of all places Saskatchewan. Let alone Canada. I had no idea.

Old 08-13-2018, 04:32 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,888,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
This video is what I'd think of at a US Popeyes. Popeyes seems to have a target clientele, and neighborhoods in the south.
Its why I about fell off the chair, when I read Popeyes is in of all places Saskatchewan. Let alone Canada. I had no idea.
You wouldn't believe how many Canucks visit New Orleans. I'm not sure why but I always find Canadians there, especially in the winter time. For some reason the ones from the Plains Provinces (Alberta and Saskatechewan) love New Orleans. Don't ask me why. Maybe they want a little Cajun flavor now and then?

On a side note the Acadians from Nova Scotia and New Brunswick tend to visit Lafayette and Cajun Country not New Orleans as much as they are a lot of times visiting family that had relocated in "Le Grand Derangement".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVPSdtaZ7Ec

Last edited by cBach; 08-13-2018 at 04:50 PM..

Old 08-13-2018, 07:24 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,029,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
I prefer Popeye's over Chick-Fil-A because what's the chance that this would happen in a Chick-Fil-A:

https://youtu.be/Miu90sh_9yM

lol
Quote:
I dunno. That seems more likely to happen in Saskatchewan than where I first had Popeye's -- in Connecticut, when I was living there. I can't see that ever happening in CT. Ever.

I hope that Chick-Fil-A opens in Ottawa. I like Chick-Fil-A and Popeye's and Boston Market and Cote St. Luc BBQ and Swiss Chalet and St. Hubert and and and. I'm an equal-opportunity chicken eater.

Old 08-13-2018, 08:41 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,332,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
They just won't make any money on that day.
They make up for it with crazy insane sales the other 6 days!

Old 08-13-2018, 09:03 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,775,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post

A reporter asked the owner of Chick-fil-A a question about his opinion on a social issue, and he answered the question. That's it. That's all there was to it. As a company, Chick-fil-A does not discriminate in its hiring practices or its treatment of its customers. I will challenge you to find even ONE example of a customer being mistreated by a Chick-fil-A employee due to the customer's sexual orientation. Go ahead, find one. There is a ravenous crowd of angry left-wingers out there who would love nothing more than to find such an example so they could throw it in the company's face; yet to my knowledge such an example has not been forthcoming. This tells me that it hasn't happened.

And yet, because the owner expressed his personal opinion on a certain matter, you think that Chick-fil-A's customers are haters.

Again,
+1

Excellent post.

Old 10-28-2018, 08:13 PM

340 posts, read 320,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
They make up for it with crazy insane sales the other 6 days!
https://www.statista.com/statistics/...aurant-chains/

You are right with that. Chik-fil-A lead all other fast food chains for sales per store by about 1.5 million dollars.

Old 10-30-2018, 12:59 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,289,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post

A reporter asked the owner of Chick-fil-A a question about his opinion on a social issue, and he answered the question. That's it. That's all there was to it. As a company, Chick-fil-A does not discriminate in its hiring practices or its treatment of its customers. I will challenge you to find even ONE example of a customer being mistreated by a Chick-fil-A employee due to the customer's sexual orientation. Go ahead, find one. There is a ravenous crowd of angry left-wingers out there who would love nothing more than to find such an example so they could throw it in the company's face; yet to my knowledge such an example has not been forthcoming. This tells me that it hasn't happened.

And yet, because the owner expressed his personal opinion on a certain matter, you think that Chick-fil-A's customers are haters.

Again,
I think a lot of their customers are haters, and it's been clearly defined that their owners are haters against certain groups. The staff are just plain excellent top to bottom, and in turn treated very well by the company. The company is not the owners (unless you're someone like Papa John) it's just unfortunate that they said anything.

Old 11-03-2018, 09:16 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times
Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers, one of the fastest growing chains in the US, is better, I pefer it to CFA,... and it's guilt free.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raisin...hicken_Fingers

Old 11-22-2018, 07:10 PM

915 posts, read 1,505,336 times
Quote:
Rather sad so many Americans, praise this restaurant. Personally I have no idea, what anyone sees in Chick fil A. I've only tried it s few times. It is nothing special by no means. Its a chicken sandwich. The chain is way overpriced, and at least in the South. Religion is part of the vibe of Chick fill A. At least here in Florida, and other southern states. The clientele says it all.

Frankly I'm surprised opening up in Canada is coming. Perhaps initially Chick fill a will be a novelty. Long term I can't see love for the chain in Canada. Maybe Chick fill A Canada, will follow Target Canada, and not be successful up there. That does happen with businesses crossing the border on both sides. I noticed the Canadian Donut company Horton didn't make it in the US.

Tim Horton is huge up here in the Midwest!!! 20 years ago, Timmy's was just Canadian/regional to SE Michigan (Detroit). These days, Timmy's is on the West side of the state, in Ohio and even in my poduck small rural town. It was a great day when Timmy's was finally open for business. It's a very popular spot (given that my town doesn't have a lot of choices for eating out!)

So, unless there's another "horton/canadian donut" company, then the statement that Horton didn't make it in the US is really inaccurate. It's huge where I live and expanding every year.

Apparently, Michigan has only 3 chick fil a's. I've never eaten at one and none of the ones in Michigan are really that close to me, so I don't feel the need to make a special trip just to eat at one.

Also, I thought that Burger King was owned by the Canadians now. Just a thought. No judgment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto